Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I had an exceptionally difficult day today involving solicitors etc. Had one lovely phonecall with someone that really restored my sense of self and grounding. It's the little things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The relief when you relies you didn't put your phone in the washing machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

that pain will pass. will come back but will pass again.. the ocean teaches us that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Driving to work this morning a little squirrel was hopping along in front of the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Said I’d tax the car for the journey to the ferry. Filled in the details on the car tax website. Tax for the year is the princely sum of £0 a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Said I’d tax the car for the journey to the ferry. Filled in the details on the car tax website. Tax for the year is the princely sum of £0 a year.

Now, that's the quantity of road tax if love to pay.....

RMAOK wrote: »
    Now, that's the quantity of road tax if love to pay.....

It is what I pay here...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I've been living in this house for just under two months and I'm still discovering new things. Yesterday I discovered we have a little home gym in the shed, and today I discovered that we don't have a hoover, the fu(king house IS the hoover. You just plug the nozzle thing into a socket in the wall and boom, hoover!

Madness.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Figuring out why a program I was writing kept throwing a Null pointer exception ! 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭snowgal

Getting a call, thinking this is a marketing call, and I actually won a voucher, yay! Completely I forgot I entered!

snowgal wrote: »
    Getting a call, thinking this is a marketing call, and I actually won a voucher, yay! Completely I forgot I entered!

Congrats,lovely to win something, enjoy.

I spent the entire day in a&e with my gran and at half ten tonight when I finally left, utterly wrecked, I discovered I didn't have enough change for the car park and everywhere was closed up.

Only had a 50 and cards and the machine accepted neither. Started walking to the machines way up at the upper carpark on the faint hope they'd take cards.. not a soul about.. when I spot a bus at the entrance. Asked the driver if he could break a 50 and he couldnt. So kept going and checked the other machines, they wouldn't accept the 50 or cards either.

Turned around, totally deflated and there's the bus driver. He'd managed to get together enough to break my 50 and had left his bus and passengers to come and give it to me!

Thank you Mr. Bus Driver!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I spent the entire day in a&e with my gran and at half ten tonight when I finally left, utterly wrecked, I discovered I didn't have enough change for the car park and everywhere was closed up.

Only had a 50 and cards and the machine accepted neither. Started walking to the machines way up at the upper carpark on the faint hope they'd take cards.. not a soul about.. when I spot a bus at the entrance. Asked the driver if he could break a 50 and he couldnt. So kept going and checked the other machines, they wouldn't accept the 50 or cards either.

Turned around, totally deflated and there's the bus driver. He'd managed to get together enough to break my 50 and had left his bus and passengers to come and give it to me!

Thank you Mr. Bus Driver!

What a guy! Hope your gran will be alright .

What a guy! Hope your gran will be alright .

He was great! Thank you, so do I!

When I walked into my bedroom it smelt like my favorite Chinese.( I have no idea why, I don't eat food there,etc) but it smelt great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

My Pet Pooch Alarm Clock ... licks galore!

serendipity; just got through the door after too long a walk and the heavens opened.. HAPPY! A minute later and would have been soaked.

Happy stroll to the shore and back, gathering above tide seaweed and flowers..... idyllic hour. Walked far too far, but can rest now. ( the last few hundred yards were... interesting!)

Simply happy, or . rather, content.. many small things yesterday that delighted and were needed. All I need now is something to knit!

Having the strength to say no when someone is trying to guilt you into doing something you don’t want to do.

honeybear wrote: »

Any cat alarms :pac:?

No, my pooch is No.1 (& she does not like cats!) I’m tripping over my feline friends at the back door every morning as they position themselves for breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH (and slightly proud of myself) for managing to drive halfway across England in a car I’m only getting used to. Having said that, I was also TH to be pulling in outside the house last night too! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Emojis and gifs.

I’d communicate exclusively through them if I could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see Stuber at the cinema tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

A sleeping kitten lying on my tummy!!!

Lovely summer afternoon; took my food and knitting out and sat in the shelter of the old fuchsia watching the white tailed bees busy in the flowers... cats sprawled around me,,,
    Been a happy day but need bed and sleep right now.. happy evening everyone

A full fridge!

A full fridge!

Similar here,I did a big shop after work ,a mixture of goodies and baddies,cupboards are full.Also I gave the place a really good clean on Sunday and have only had a chance to do the bare essentials since but it still looks good ,floors are still shining due to the great weather,washing up to date also due to the weather, it makes such a difference when you get home after work and the house looks clean and tidy,makes me very happy tbh.

Room hovered, washing in the washing machine, seeing two tabby cats also today :3.

Similar here,I did a big shop after work ,a mixture of goodies and baddies,cupboards are full.Also I gave the place a really good clean on Sunday and have only had a chance to do the bare essentials since but it still looks good ,floors are still shining due to the great weather,washing up to date also due to the weather, it makes such a difference when you get home after work and the house looks clean and tidy,makes me very happy tbh.

You've no idea how much I love the fridge on Christmas Eve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

An unexpected royalties payment in to my bank account today. A family meal out tomorrow night, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

Buying junior infants school books, where did those years go!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Right now, eating a plate of oven cooked chips and southern fried goujons. I've had probably the most traumatic, ecstatic and emotional 36 hours of my life and right now this tastes like one of the most pleasurable meals I've ever eaten! :)

This is it wrote: »
    Buying junior infants school books, where did those years go!?

Going to be teaching J/Infants in September. Be warned ... they tell teacher EVERYTHING!😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Right now, eating a plate of oven cooked chips and southern fried goujons. I've had probably the most traumatic, ecstatic and emotional 36 hours of my life and right now this tastes like one of the most pleasurable meals I've ever eaten! :)

Hmmmm any Bones in the chicken ?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

Going to be teaching J/Infants in September. Be warned ... they tell teacher EVERYTHING!😂

I'll be very careful :D

This is it wrote: »
    I'll be very careful :D

It’s a beautiful year. Enjoy!

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Are we aunties I wonder mam?lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Mam of 4 wrote:

No Mam they were goujons so just like mini fillets. :)

Are we aunties I wonder mam?lol

Looks like I was barking up the wrong tree , oops :o

• Advertisement

No Mam they were goujons so just like mini fillets. :)

Hmm , no bones , sorry , but mini fillets ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Just unwinding to some Robert plant there before bed. The hippyning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've a 19 year old cat, howls on the dot of eight o'clock. No lie in at the weekend for me.

starting the day calling "home" ie to family in Canada makes me very happy,,, the miracle of phone calls is a happy never taken for granted .. something that did not exist for most when I was small, or even large,,

being roused by smallest cat, she of the small boned sleek Oriental kind, headbutting my face with a loud purr... chin to chin.. I KNOW she is after food but what does that matter when there is love.. ;)

wind will make me very happy today...

My beautician has given me an appointment at short notice...as rare as hens teeth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TH it's nearly the weekend - it's been a LONG week...

• Advertisement

slight slight breeze.. opened the door to let a cat in and was face to face with a wall of midges. feet and legs are on fire... happy I still have a couple of piriton left... happy the cats will forgve me for spraying the hordes that followed me in when they were asleep on the bed.. never knew they could move that fast :eek:

RMAOK wrote: »
    TH it's nearly the weekend - it's been a LONG week...

Have a grand time whatever you are doing..

every day is weekend for me,,, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Absolutely lovely neighbours. Makes such the world of difference. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Despite the endless complications to get it working, the ten mins of yoga and hot shower I had this am, have fully cured the pain and weakness in my knees that has been going of for the past few weeks.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

That I managed to get out of the bloody awful responsive boards site ....stuck in it since yesterday

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement