Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bredabe wrote: »
    I found a twitter a/c, where all the more established twitter cats, welcomed a new cat!
    paw hugs and healing purrs .
    AWWWW and awwwww.

Ps, also gathered to comfort a twitter cat mammy who was 'dumped' last night.

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got the VRT done on my car this morning, everything went without a hitch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Got to a parking spot and reversed in just before the person on the other side was trying to drive through from her parking spot.
    Learn to reverse properly ya geebag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

managed to scrub a good patch of the floor here.. Muck gets trodden in in this weather and the whole dwelling has industrial weight pale yellow fleck lino! Must have been designed by a man... Looks great when just scrubbed.. and I mean on hands and knees... Getting back up was.... interesting.. ;)

for seph and other cat folk...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Si97MJq-MY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

impromptu prosescco at 11:30 :p

razorblunt wrote: »
    Got to a parking spot and reversed in just before the person on the other side was trying to drive through from her parking spot.
    Learn to reverse properly ya geebag!

Ha ha WIN! Love it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was in a shop and somebody was complaining without any real cause. You could tell the staff were used to it.
    So theange just said you know how things are done here of your not happy there's the door.

Clearing long overdue outgoing post makes me very happy. YOU know it niggles. Parcel of handknits away to Canada for sale... HAPPY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

That I heard the middle chick ( 9 next week ) tell herself yesterday morning that " you should be ashamed of yourself for not giving us a cupcake".........it was 10.30 in the morning.....I cracked my sides laughing....lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Days off. For once I don’t have a long list of stuff to get done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Taking the dog for a walk and letting him run loose in the field :)

You throw him a stick to play fetch and he legs it after it but as soon as the stick falls to the ground, he leaves it there and walks off! He only likes the chase 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Reading the Ireland's Own magazine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The breeze

After a stifling day the breeze has arrived in my garden and its so refreshing

I know it's a kid's film, but I'm going to see Horrible Histories: The Movie - Rotten Romans on Friday

The recent breeze... it's melting..

Went for a walk along the Prom on my own after meeting a friend earlier. Headphones in, good music on Spotify and took in the smell of the ocean and the feel of the breeze. Then I sat on the rocks and watched the waves, enjoyed the peace and my own company for a while. Living near the sea is the best.

Went for a walk along the Prom on my own after meeting a friend earlier. Headphones in, good music on Spotify and took in the smell of the ocean and the feel of the breeze. Then I sat on the rocks and watched the waves, enjoyed the peace and my own company for a while. Living near the sea is the best.

That is the pure definition of bliss. The sea is so restorative.

Now you said it. Took the headphones out and listened to the waves and the wind and I was in heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I agree 100% , my idea of heaven , tis good for the soul :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Another one here who finds the sea extremely soothing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Pizza guy asking me had I been on holidays as he hadn’t seen me in a while-don’t know whether that’s a good sign (I go there once a week). Oh, he let me off a euro too��

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading to see my favorite wee man 😀

Another one here who finds the sea extremely soothing. :)

and me; always alongside is the mighty ocean.. on every side and in every mood

being safe makes me happy and at peace.. here in this tiny kingdom. I am safe..

Got a ticket to go see Walking on Cars in December :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Cheque cleared, so I can book my holiday tonight!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The way sunshine seems to make everybody smile.

Cork got some sun today! Yipee!!!!!

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    being safe makes me happy and at peace.. here in this tiny kingdom. I am safe..

I am so glad for you Grace. I crave safety. I am not unsafe but I would like a little more :)

Watching two happy wild kittens who were born 2 months ago ... fair play to their Mum. The odds were stacked against her from day 1 but the family are doing really well. Dad has also appeared on the scene - at least we think it’s Dad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

We had no electricity all day and I had a day off, cleaned my rifles while it rained, did some gardening, went for a cast in the local river and had a salmon in 10 minutes. Gave half of it and a book to a friend who will appreciate both.

Did some practice with two of the rifles, great buzz getting them fine tuned again after a good clean. Will be doing more target practice Sunday morning with two good friends and more fishing early in the morning.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

That the weather is good and I got alot done in preparation for next week this morning so going to try and chill out and enjoy this nice spell of weather :)

Just off the phone to nieces delighted after “reading” the letters I’d sent them ...they’re just gone 4!

Our new dog was so excited when my partner got home that her whole body was wriggling and she let out the funniest WOOP sound when he came in the door. Didn't sound anything like a dog, more like a siren. :D

• Advertisement

Horrible Histories: The Movie - Rotten Romans was very funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My solar light collection in the garden.

To thine own self be true

The alcoholic on my team didn’t try and start a fight with me or get punched tonight. For the first time in 3 years finals night did not result in me getting upset or having to call the Guards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Went to the woods for a walk and breakfast/picnic this morning. Was looking at a tree with loads of carvings on it.

There was the usual John loves Sarah in a heart, then there was an old one with just initials F.S 13:11:1952 and my personal favourite 'Check out the Dunnes Stores girl' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MissDisaster

[PHP][/PHP]My partner buying me flowers when I lost my job.

The best bit is he bought me lillys (which I think smell like cats wee) and when I pointed out that weren’t they mainly symbolic of death? I s**t you not, he looked me deadpan in the eyes and said “Well... your job did come to an end.”

:pac::eek::pac: This is the man I’m marrying ...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The smell of cut grass coming through my window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

FINALLY moving out of the absolute kip I've been living in the last two years.

My girlfriend. Just for everything. But lately for occasionally fanning me when I overheat in this weather :D

My classmates, for being a wonderful and inspiring bunch of people to be in the trenches with.

Podcasts, for breaking up long journeys and mundane housework.

Great minds, for allowing me access to their wisdom, which lets me expand upon it and grow as a person.

My mind, for always knowing what I wanted in life, being strong enough to let me chase it and never letting me settle for less.

FINALLY moving out of the absolute kip I've been living in the last two years.

My girlfriend. Just for everything. But lately for occasionally fanning me when I overheat in this weather :D

My classmates, for being a wonderful and inspiring bunch of people to be in the trenches with.

Podcasts, for breaking up long journeys and mundane housework.

Great minds, for allowing me access to their wisdom, which lets me expand upon it and grow as a person.

My mind, for always knowing what I wanted in life, being strong enough to let me chase it and never letting me settle for less.

You need to hang that on your wall Jimmy!

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The house looking bright and fresh and clean after I've painted everything that didn't move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

madmaggie wrote: »
    The house looking bright and fresh and clean after I've painted everything that didn't move.
    I'll book you in for next week :)

To thine own self be true

I finished watching the miniseries of Catch 22 tonight. it was very good.

In the queue please. ;).. I got mine 3/4 done then ran out of steam.... I do have a huge tub of paint...

happy so many are happy...

Get in line sister I'm next :3

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement