Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »
    Watching two happy wild kittens who were born 2 months ago ... fair play to their Mum. The odds were stacked against her from day 1 but the family are doing really well. Dad has also appeared on the scene - at least we think it’s Dad!

Ohh any pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Meet Smudgie, aptly named but needs a new more dignified name...

Get in line sister I'm next :3

AGE before beauty my friend!

Graces7 wrote: »
    AGE before beauty my friend!

My mam used to say that Grace :)

Every now and then I get a wave of grief for her but imagining her saying that in her funny way has made me smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Meet Smudgie, aptly named but needs a new more dignified name...
    I’m very fussy re names. How about these?
    Boy’s name: Hugo
    Girl’s name: Misty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I have a new hobby: Barre.

My gym motivation has been crap lately and I took a barre class for a change when my best friend came to visit a few weeks ago. I love it! I booked in for a trial and have been almost every day ever since. It reminds me of being a 10 year old going to ballet, and it works the hell out of muscles I never knew I had. It's a new lease of life for me :)

My mam used to say that Grace :)

Every now and then I get a wave of grief for her but imagining her saying that in her funny way has made me smile.

Memories and the memory are strange things are they not!

They can comfort, or lacerate. Glad it was the former..

I am still getting used to being "qualified" to say that.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Digestives and hot chocolate.

I never thought I'd get rid of the plain digestives my parents left but they go down easy with a hot chocolate.

I do enjoy being a fattening b*stard from time to time.

I have a new hobby: Barre.

My gym motivation has been crap lately and I took a barre class for a change when my best friend came to visit a few weeks ago. I love it! I booked in for a trial and have been almost every day ever since. It reminds me of being a 10 year old going to ballet, and it works the hell out of muscles I never knew I had. It's a new lease of life for me :)

enjoy! I trained in classical ballet to Advanced Royal Academy of Dancing, and was still doing several classes a week up into 40s and later.. still find the port de bras taking over.

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »
    I’m very fussy re names. How about these?
    Boy’s name: Hugo
    Girl’s name: Misty

he is a boy! Greedy? Gutsy! THIEF! hey how about BANDIT.. But you can see how he got his nickname; lost count of the times I thought it was a smear of dirt on his face...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

doing my autism presentations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Starting with a new running club tomorrow :D

It’s not a very competitive one and more social but I’ve been wanting to go back to a running club for years so this sounds ideal for now. It’ll fill the void now that tag is over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

eating a mini choc-ice a while ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Lovely sunset outside my bedroom window

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MissDisaster

Turning a job loss into a new career opportunity and going back to college to retrain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I always push the boat out food wise if Im off on a bank hol, this one has crept up on me, there was nothing yummy or special in the freezer.
    Localish supermarket had happy pear premade meals marked down to 3e each and a yummy browney cake to 2e.

Sitting happily in the freezer with a day to spare on their bbd!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm happy that the exercises the physio told me to do are paying off. Not ready for the Zimmer frame yet!

he is a boy! Greedy? Gutsy! THIEF! hey how about BANDIT.. But you can see how he got his nickname; lost count of the times I thought it was a smear of dirt on his face...

Hasten to add I love him greatly! he just has an ex-street cat's food mentality of if I can get it, IT S MINE! Love outwitting him!. Shameless he is, bless him!

Today;s HAPPY CAT theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-6Ljyp3HuQ...

Happy here that I stirred my stumps to walk very early is soon after 4 am, STILL DARK! as now it is a soaking drizzle..

Happy that outgoing post is out ready for collection and the day is mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Getting to spend time with my grandson, as we watched the dawn breaking over a quiet remote place that is a piece of our family history. It was his idea and I love him for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Waking up every morning and seeing the person I love most in the world staring back at me.

I’m delighted with my mirror placement :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Had a really good workout at the gym today

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've been setting myself little physical challenges lately. I heard about people running the distance of a marathon in a month, I decided to see if I could do it in a week. Nailed it.

The most recent one was to cycle to Howth and cycle up to the summit. Done.

that we have tomorrow..

When you get that phone call, out of the blue, suggesting a few pints tonight to catch up with some people you haven't seen in months.

Just back from my dog’s yearly vaccination-I am deliriously happy. She has lost .3kg since her last visit! This is fantastic news as we dread those scales!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Driving all the way up to the top floor of the multistorey car park just to see the view of the city. Great sights and sounds.

The log book for my car arrived today. Such a proud moment for me to see my name as the registered owner of my first ever own car :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A glorious afternoon spent on a beach in Mayo . Honestly so much nicer for me than 35 degrees heat in Spain . It was absolutely beautiful , clear and fresh and quiet .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    A glorious afternoon spent on a beach in Mayo . Honestly so much nicer for me than 35 degrees heat in Spain . It was absolutely beautiful , clear and fresh and quiet .

I waved to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I waved to you!

I waved back .Stunning beaches in Mayo

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I waved back .Stunning beaches in Mayo

I saw you! yes Mayo is an amazing and lovely place.

A day of annoyances and difficulties being resolved!

That yesterday;s severe migraine after another week of headaches has abated... by serendipity the dr was over ( every three weeks only) and visited without being asked...
    ;)
    a better day ahead makes me happy..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I've been setting myself little physical challenges lately. I heard about people running the distance of a marathon in a month, I decided to see if I could do it in a week. Nailed it.

The most recent one was to cycle to Howth and cycle up to the summit. Done.

Another one done, personal best in a 5km timed run yesterday evening :)

A happy rose for you..

Friendly neighbours of all ages.

Strictly Come Dancing has started announcing it’s lineup!!!

After procrastinating for the summer about making a start on my FYP for college, I’ve finally started an (albeit incredibly rough) draft of it over the last few days. Feeling somewhat better about it now, I keep freaking out thinking of it as one long essay of 12,000 words instead of three smaller, 3,000 word ones, plus intro and conclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Being wrong about something, something that if I had been right about it, a friend would’ve gotten emotionally hurt. I generally don’t like being wrong but this time I’ll happily admit to being wrong! No harm done, and everyone is happy.

Watching the sun come up over a lake on a glorious morning.

My best friend got offered a place in college. So proud of her, she deserves it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My amazing person just keeps on making me so happy :)

Out with the cats around half past five this morning, to clean and fettle the Church for the holiday weekend ..Light just starting and took the long laneway home, walking into the rising sun over the ocean calm. Not a sound .... dazzling glory. primeval stillness and light ...

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Eating sun-warmed strawberries straight from the garden - such flavour!

And the excitement of planning my first proper holiday (one that doesn't involve conferences or any form of research) in six years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

A bit of peace and quiet at last

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TH is Meeting lucky the tabby cat and and I called her over and she came running over to me and jumped on the wall and let me rub her :3 she was meowing and rolling on her back :3 made my day! photo's to follow soon!

The kids we are travelling with who are bursting their sides laughing at us singling kraut rock in our acquired german accents and vocab.
    Particularly th as I've been asked to stop attending at least two choir type set up's as my Dublin accent is too strong when I sing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement