Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happiness is dry clothes after getting soaked to the skin in deluges.. and finding two socks. even if they don't quite match ( there are reinforcements on the way ..)

'tis the simple things that matter..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Finding somewhere local that offers a very reasonably priced ironing service. I have a basket of clothes that ive not worn in months because theyre hard to iron and ive not been bothered to try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I was giving out yes about how I felt new download on sibs laptop maybe a problem, I was right, after it not budging past 1% in 3 hours I got onto the support section and they not only fixed the prog, but fixed the storage issue that has been plaguing it for every!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Someone always makes me smile :)

Bredabe wrote: »
    I was giving out yes about how I felt new download on sibs laptop maybe a problem, I was right, after it not budging past 1% in 3 hours I got onto the support section and they not only fixed the prog, but fixed the storage issue that has been plaguing it for every!

Well, I am at a total utter loss re copy paste as it does not seem to exist on HP. driving me crazy..

Happy? Sorry!
    Happy that wee cat who is part Oriental. sleek and shiny and very vocal and loves climbing up my back, has now become a limpet. In my bed, under my elbow when I am trying to knit... and what a purr... has to be with me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Listening to Andrea Bocelli , how could you not love his voice :)
    Fall On Me , a duet with his son Matteo is a beautiful song .

Happy that my early bedtime is here.... been a strange old day... happy aferevening out there..

Graces7 wrote: »
    Happy that my early bedtime is here.... been a strange old day... happy aferevening out there..

Night Grace.

Happy that I've done a big grocery shop as I was too tired to do it yesterday, cupboards are full with both good things and bad things.

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Love that song :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just out of the Post Office - invites dispatched. Never been happier to see the back of them!

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »
    Just out of the Post Office - invites dispatched. Never been happier to see the back of them!

I await my invite to the wedding of the year :D

Autosport wrote: »
    I await my invite to the wedding of the year :D

Hi Auto - stop the rumourmill ... parent’s anniversary. Between the guest list, making invites, writing them, finding addresses I’m a broken woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

After a week...not being sick as a dog!

Sig edited so not to "offend" genocide apologists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYOZ3IzRaf4

https://www.btselem.org/

honeybear wrote: »
    Hi Auto - stop the rumourmill ... parent’s anniversary. Between the guest list, making invites, writing them, finding addresses I’m a broken woman!

Removes hat from shopping order :D

Fair play to you I'm not a fan of posting and stuff but some people are worth the effort :)

Night Grace.

Happy that I've done a big grocery shop as I was too tired to do it yesterday, cupboards are full with both good things and bad things.

Night; a great feeling the full cupboards... My day is this Thursday....hey there are no bad things!!!! Just different kinds of good things. ;)

Glitch

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Glitch

Me too. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Glitch

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

My little kitty cat getting a clean bill of health

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Got in from work and this was the first post I read, listening to him since for the last hour and a half.

The thing is neither the wife nor kids mentioned the music playing in the background while we were having dinner which is unusual.

He's still serenading me now while I sip a nice glass of red, very relaxing.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    My little kitty cat getting a clean bill of health

Best news I've heard all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Finally swatting the small fly that has been doing the rounds of my sitting room the past week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Got in from work and this was the first post I read, listening to him since for the last hour and a half.

The thing is neither the wife nor kids mentioned the music playing in the background while we were having dinner which is unusual.

He's still serenading me now while I sip a nice glass of red, very relaxing.

He has such an amazing voice and range hasn't he ? I would love to see him singing live , one day I will :)

Enjoy Rows Grower :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My sister is home from her month of travelling. Was so good to see her!

Had Afternoon Tea and did some shopping with my friends. Such a lovely way to spend the day.

Also, my kitten is so bold. He is getting really big now and is getting into all kinds of trouble (including catching mice... yuck). I heard something strange this morning and went down to find him in the kitchen sink!! His innocent little face looking up at me made me laugh and I couldn't stay mad at him for too long!

Ironically happy that I now have a decent sharp knife... says she as blood drips from her finger :eek:

Very happy with my smallest new cat. She is definitely part Oriental, small, sleek and shiny, with a voice that is pure oriental. And a slender tail out of all proportion to her body.

Yday she decided to become a limpet, solidly attached to my side in bed, atop the bed, anywhere as long as she has physical contact. Purring in her sleep …. awww!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Graces7 wrote: »
    Ironically happy that I now have a decent sharp knife... says she as blood drips from her finger :eek:

Very happy with my smallest new cat. She is definitely part Oriental, small, sleek and shiny, with a voice that is pure oriental. And a slender tail out of all proportion to her body.

Yday she decided to become a limpet, solidly attached to my side in bed, atop the bed, anywhere as long as she has physical contact. Purring in her sleep …. awww!

Ouch, hope you're okay!

Your little cat sounds adorable!! I love affectionate cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Yesterday in the sea, a massive wave came and washed over me (literally covered me, I was pushed back towards the beach, and I wasn’t even out that far.) Anyway, I had my sunglasses on at the time and they were washed off my face. I tried to find them, went down a few times to see if they’d washed up but no luck. Just as I was giving up hope I saw from the corner of my eye a man hand a pair of glasses that looked very like mine to his son. I looked again and saw that they were mine so I went over to him and he handed them back to me no bother.

TH that people can be so decent, they’re a nice pair of Ray Ban sunglasses (probably not worth much anymore, I have them years) but they could’ve been like “no, you lost them, tough luck”. I offered the man some money to get his kids an ice cream since they were the ones that found them but he wouldn’t even dream of taking it

KatW4 wrote: »
    Ouch, hope you're okay!

Your little cat sounds adorable!! I love affectionate cats.

Me too; She is one of the three young rescued street cats I took in last November and it has been a long patient while as they learn to trust and love. All five of my cats follow me when I go walkabout here! There are photos scattered about here..

The other black one is scaredy cat aka Bella. Terrified of everything for months. Y;day when I was about to put them to bed, she rolled over on her back begging me to rub her soft belly. First time! Love them dearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Just had two..yes two packets of acne drivers....gorgeous

• Advertisement

gifted wrote: »
    Just had two..yes two packets of acne drivers....gorgeous

What are they? And when are you making is sausage rolls :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

What are they? And when are you making is sausage rolls :D

They're crisps ...lol lol

Sausage rolls are coming soon, you've planted the idea in my head now lol

Glad no need to go out as we have an island-special rain event in full spate..will be happy when/if the shoppers leave. I can see the bus from my kitchen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

Had a day out with my young daughter yesterday. Trip to the funfair and a walk on the beach with ice cream. We didn't get away anywhere this year, not even one night in a hotel so when she said thanks Dad that was the best day ever, well I was made up!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Moomoomacshoe

Lost two valuable items in the last two days and both returned!! So happy and so nice to see there are still honest,kind people in the world.
    Thank you strangers!!

Oh WOW! Must be Christmas early! HUGE box of wool arrived given by Springwools.. Odd balls etc that I can use for sale work ... even a bag of oddments of tinsel yarns.... !HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

I mean a box I could sleep in.. literally

That family have been supporting our work for nearly 20 years and they do the same for other charities.

When you don't have much, takes little to make for happy..

The ferry seems to have gone; very nasty out there but being an island it can be rough on one side and viable on the other; depends on the wind direction. They only stranded me on the mainland once! Had a lovely night in a B and B . paid for by the Church, bless them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Realising i got the dates mixed up for a hill walk I was planning on doing with a group. It's August 31st and not the24th meaning I have a whole extra week for my injured knee (had a fall a few days ago) to recover. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Rare windows of rest: the occasional day or evening off.

Yoga.

That the future is a desirable destination.

Mini-rolls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I've been listening to a few film scores recently (not the music soundtracks, but the music you hear in the background).
    Some are simply beautiful and it's amazing trying to watch the film after listening to it - you really notice the impact.
    Currently have the Shawshank Redemption score on and it makes driving to work like a movie scene with my own background music :D

Happy that the delivery is safe here. but cross as although my list as always says CAT FOOD ie 2 cases of 12 . they have sent DOG FOOD. Has happened before; no idea why as the cat food is blue wrapped and the dog food orange wrapped. Poooooor cats….

ah well... cupboards freezer and fridge groaning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was planting out tiny wallflower plants earlier, and thinking how lovely their scent will be next spring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Getting my sh1t together, adulting FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Hockey is starting up again :D I’ve volunteered to be fundraiser co-ordinator for our club this year. Gonna raise ALL the €€€

could not settle to sleep as a difficult letter that needs writing kept on and on in my mind.. YOU know!

So up and rough copy safe in email drafts; no address yet lest it takes off by accident, as these things can do, but can rest it now.. yawn... happy at doing that !

Happy Friday everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Spent 4 hours on a job application form and just sent it off, I will probably never hear back from the job as is the usual way it goes but feeling like I did something productive atleast.

Went in to pay for petrol this morning. Elderly man in front of me mistakenly bought two bunches of flowers but only realised his error after paying. Shop Assistant asked whether he wanted a refund but the lovely man gave the extra bunch to me! I’m still smiling looking at the flowers. How sweet of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Pressure washed the front and back garden the other day. So satisfying. The difference is ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having a massage

New hair do and I love the colour :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Popped into Lidl on the way home last night.
    Just as my til receipt was printing, the cashier walks off to check something.
    The woman behind me was just standing where the till roll prints off, so she tears if off and hands it too me - I just smile and say 'have a nice day' and we both just laugh!

Lovely sharing random funny moments with strangers :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Spent 4 hours on a job application form and just sent it off, I will probably never hear back from the job as is the usual way it goes but feeling like I did something productive atleast.

I am the same , keep the faith x

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement