Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH that tonight’s my last night alone, Mam’s coming home tomorrow

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Seeing a fox on the way to work today. Cool as a cucumber: standing upright. Thought it was a dog at first. Usually when I see them they're skulking and running for cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Blue skies, slack winds and early morning sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Being offered a job as a paper marbler, ha! Not my usual thing but I can do it and if I ever moved to London it would be a nice job.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Being offered a job as a paper marbler, ha! Not my usual thing but I can do it and if I ever moved to London it would be a nice job.

I'm soooo envious!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Living with lovely people. Told my housemate about my uncle last night and she insisted on making me tea and feeding me. She sat with me for an hour and let me talk. Then our other housemate came in and the three of us drank more tea and told funny stories about our family members. It gave me a much needed laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TH for the lovely weather today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Out for a walk, Mr Blue Sky comes on ipod, what a lovely sunny day to be alive.

Tis a great day for gettin' the drying done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I had a great time in Sligo the past couple of days, and I stopped in Knock on the way home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

TH for my two DIY fruit drying racks.:D

In my neck of the woods in SW Germany there are literally thousands of different fruit trees along the local and regional roads. Nobody cares about them and the fruits are left rotting. So last Saturday i tested a few apples and they were delicious.

As i can’t eat them all i decided to build a drying rack. The prototype is only one sided and pretty small, but it works. So today it got a bigger brother...double sided. All made from scrap and things lying around anyway. Costs? Nada...;)

Back into the kitchen. Washing and slicing another kilogram of apples. By the way being purely biological nearly all have a resident worm.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

branie2 wrote:
    I had a great time in Sligo the past couple of days, and I stopped in Knock on the way home.

Glad you enjoyed your time in paradise branie. I hope you said a prayer in knock to make it back here again. :D

My TH is that the most rank day of the week is nearly over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TH, Black Forests pics , always love them !

Also , gorgeous day here , and I also done something today that was completely out of my comfort zone and I survived it :)
    (Minds out of the gutter please :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I used to pop in to see an elderly couple now and then, we had the tea and the yarns, they love visitors. Today was the old man's funeral, and and every one of his nine children came and said how much my visits meant to their parents. It was only a small thing to me, but I'm touched that it meant so much to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Was waiting for bloods to be done at the hospital, seated beside a woman in a wheelchair in tears. Asked if she was ok and told me she was there alone and anxious.\so I started talking to her, telling jokes and she was laughing and in better spirits. As she was leaving, she said, "thank you Rico and God bless you". I was so happy and proud of myself. My mama taught me well,heh.

• Advertisement

The stars tonight and the utter tranquility where we now live. :)

Watching Extra Ordinary at the cinema last night. It was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A huge perfect spiders web across the top of my rotary line .With the sun shining on it it is pure engineering perfection

TH that I’ve managed to get over my breakup so quickly and easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

TH that a neighbour mistook me for my sister who’s 7 years younger than me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

honeybear wrote: »
    TH that a neighbour mistook me for my sister who’s 7 years younger than me!

Now that's a compliment.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or bad eyesight and senility. :pac:

New Home wrote: »
    Or bad eyesight and senility. :pac:

Lol! I’m taking it as a compliment (sister is very good looking!)

TH, good conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I found a song on YouTube that was on a compilation album I had years ago.
    I have all the bands albums but this song wasn't on any of them.

I'll be playing this until I'm sick of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

Finally got a bit of dry weather to mow the lawn.

When I finished and came into the house, I said to my 11 year old daughter I'd love a cup of tea and she put down her Switch and made me one. I was delighted....easily pleased!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Actually did everything on my to-do list for today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

cjmc wrote: »
    Actually did everything on my to-do list for today.

Fair play to you and it's still not even 1 am!

The amazing amount of raspberries in my garden this year. They are ripening quicker than I can pick them.

• Advertisement

Sat down and actually did some of my FYP tonight. Feeling slightly more positive about it now, I know what I want to say for the bit that I’m starting to write now, and I re-drafted the part my supervisor said was too long-winded.

Neames wrote: »
    Fair play to you and it's still not even 1 am!

I know and my 'sleeping pills' haven't kicked in it .
    I'll have tomorrows list done by 4pm !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

So glad I put on my bed braces the other day despite it being the last thing I wanted to do!

Lovely flat bottom sheets even after sleeping.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I don't want this to come across as overly nauseating but I was hesitant about having a child with my partner. 2 years and 4 months later I'm blown away by just how much you can love another person. I never realised it was possible to have such a level of intense love inside you for someone else. It almost moves me to tears on occasion just how wonderful it is. Coming home is the best part of each day.

This is a TH but also a VH ... at last my sister’s beautiful good baby news is being announced. I can’t tell you how long I’ve been bursting to share it!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th tomorrow is Friday and getting paid today.

Th tomorrow is Friday and getting paid today.

Make mine a double ginger ale with a slice of lemon, Seph, thank you very much! :cool:

I'd like Crabbie's ginger beer please Seph. The spiced orange one if they have it :)

Th I cleaned my phone screen. It's lovely and shiny and swipey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Being able to spend an evening with my extended family with no one arguing or not speaking to someone else.

On Wednesday after my uncles funeral, myself, my cousins and my aunts and uncles went to the pub for food and a few drinks. My family is notorious for rifts and estrangements. But for once, that was all put aside and everyone got on. I’m 31 and never in my life have so many of my aunts and uncles been sat at the same table talking and laughing together. Granted some of the more awkward ones weren’t present but the ones who were sucked it up and got on with it. A tragic event brought us together but I feel like something in the family dynamic changed for the better.

I also heard some stories about my late mother that I never heard before. One of my favourites was how she and her not yet brother in law got drunk on brandy and were line dancing in my granny’s kitchen at 4am.

So, in short, being reminded of how great having a large extended family can be makes me happy.

• Advertisement

Got tickets for the Hella Mega Tour with Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer! Can’t wait :D

Meeting a ( girlfriend-ish sort of ) blast from the past and it seemed we were genuinely glad to see each other. Still grinning

Going to see Ad Astra at the cinema this evening. and on Wednesday, I'll be seeing a performance of the Michael Collins musical

Sharing some of my large crop of apples with the neighbours. Straight off the tree they are juicy and delicious. It shows the children that things don't come out of plastic bags in the supermarket, they actually grow.

madmaggie wrote: »
    Sharing some of my large crop of apples with the neighbours. Straight off the tree they are juicy and delicious. It shows the children that things don't come out of plastic bags in the supermarket, they actually grow.

Th remembering robbing orchards as a kid

This is dedicated to New Home!
    Out for a walk on another beautiful afternoon, and lots of dry, crunchy leaves on the ground under my feet.
    I feel like I'm eleventy seven all over again.:D

• Advertisement

I have a date on Sunday. Excited but really nervous, I’ve never been taken on a proper first date before :o

Finding cinnamon leaf oil that does not smell like cloves. Very uplifting smell.

Also TH, predictive text. I find it very handy & timesaving as long as you keep an eye on it or it misbehaves :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

still shak
    y when I think of it but happy that I saved the life of a dragonfly yesterday. After a terrifying early childhood encounter with these.... things.. I am still traumatised by them. shudders! but it was in danger and I rescued it. did the right thing rather than gve in to my fear

The wind may be rough and the leaves may be falling but the wind direction blew them all into the wooded area of the garden, rather than the lawn where they usually end up.

One less job today.

TH with the rain, my garden needed it. Also got a load of baking done this wet day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement