Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

gifted wrote: »
    Heading to Wexford next Wednesday for the night....what's it like?

There's a bunch of Vikings visiting at the moment https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0925/1078094-viking-fire-festival-in-wexford/

but I think they'll be done pillaging by Wednesday :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Its the weekend and there are no plans. No commitments made to anyone. No chores need doing. No favours need returning. No nothing.

Just nice stuff. Starting with a meal cooked by a chef and a drink poured by a waiter.

Only thing standing between me and the weekend is a quick session at the gym

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Starting a new job next month and I pushed for a higher salary. I’m usually terrible at this and I attempted maybe once in the last several years. I most often just take what’s on offer

While they were deciding I got stressed and convinced myself they would cancel the entire job offer

But nope, they came back and I got what I wanted. As well as the money which is nice I’ve gotten a new skill

Maybe some reading are sharks at this and ruthless but it was new for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Thank all the baby kittens it's Friday! :3

Th!

I see work drudgery has found you already Seph, welcome to the club.

But it's Friday and I have alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I see work drudgery has found you already Seph, welcome to the club.

But it's Friday and I have alcohol.

Yes.....this week especially .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'll warn everyone to be aware of any potential hand drops :P

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'll warn everyone to be aware of any potential hand drops :P

Where do I start the queue ? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Where do I start the queue ? :pac:

Outside Hore's Stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

everything is quare is Wexford

Expect to hear quare a lot from the locals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A mature lady with her three friends on the train today, she was showing them all the thing on her phone ,she had learned from the OT in the IRA.

Despite her mentioning it constantly, I assume she meant ICA(I hope)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I wanted to pop into a shop on Cork Street (Dublin) today but I had no idea where to park. I found a spot up a side street and got out.

A clamper van passed me and the driver said 'You'll get clamped if you park there. If you head up the road a bit theres a few spaces'.
    I was thrilled with the forewarning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I saw Ad Astra at the cinema this evening. It was brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Oh dear! More involved complications, but happy that another layer is being sorted..

If it all falls through, not the end of the world, but would make me very happy to sort it...
    happy I can feel like that!

Long phone call to Canada that sorted out a few complicated issues. Life is looking more.... promising. Been a hard few weeks. That I have effective migraine meds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

First doing nothing Saturday morning in ages. Last few weekends have been hectic. I could get used to this. Life is wonderful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Flights booked to New York! Yay!

Flowers! In my small sheltered patch, still bright. Picked small glowing marigolds, dog daisies, a nasturtium , .sweet peas.. They light up my room.... Picking them with a small cat winding in and out and the bright sky and wide ocean to gaze at....Happy blossoms..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Thought I was going to be working the bar by myself from 9 o’clock on when the early staff went home, but just saw on the roster it’s me and another one of the girls :)

New jacket, two new tops, new boots and a couple of things for the house. Shopping makes me very TH. I'm particularly happy about the boots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

New jacket, two new tops, new boots and a couple of things for the house. Shopping makes me very TH. I'm particularly happy about the boots!

Nice one BB. A bit of retail therapy is lovely sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The cats of twitter thread in general, today a 'cat' asked for photo's/video's/healing as the 'cat's mum' was sad because she had just left her husband(there was a reference to dv) .

A long thread full of pretty cat pics and encouraging advice followed all day.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Oh dear! More involved complications, but happy that another layer is being sorted..

If it all falls through, not the end of the world, but would make me very happy to sort it...
    happy I can feel like that!

Long phone call to Canada that sorted out a few complicated issues. Life is looking more.... promising. Been a hard few weeks. That I have effective migraine meds!

Opps.. that got chaoticised!

My big happy is that today is SUNDAY and all the official places etc I will have to contend with are CLOSED! lol....well almost all...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

That a third of my souvenirs from the weekend are natural, found objects. That OH gets the value of searching the beach for a holey stone,or a pretty seashell to give me. That OH climbed a steep overgrown ditch/bank to fetch a wild rose branch for me. He asked if I could plant and grow it at home (yes). So I will have a living flowering reminder of our first holiday. So glad he waited for me while I made up my mind about things :D

The best things in life are free.

that I got a bag of turf in just before the real deluge started :eek:

Testing; happy if managed to move photos from my camera to this computer... This should be little cat on big wall! She just ran up it...

Let sleeping cats lie..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Graces7, they look so contented! I hope Lorenzo doesn't blow you away. Hunker down.

madmaggie wrote: »
    Graces7, they look so contented! I hope Lorenzo doesn't blow you away. Hunker down.

Thank you and yes they are. They are so free and content here. I watched the little cat run up that wall in sheer awe.

My only concern re Lorenzo is that Thursday is my grocery delivery day and the ferry may not run; will do a stock check tomorrow to see if I can leave it a week. Looks a nasty one though! Will not even open the door!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Me , my 7yo and his sleeping sister driving back from granny and grand-das .
    He never shut up the whole way . Telling me about ww1, ww2 , tsunamis. Blah blah . But then how we have great chats when she's sleeping. Grinning ear to ear :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

At the weekend got a burger from a chipper in the town my daughter was going to a party, I sat in the car and opened the bag and there was about 20 hot salty chips.

Feckin glorious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Had very little energy before I went to the gym today. Went anyway and ended up having a really good leg workout and felt a million times better after it

I met two puppies today. A German Shepherd puppy and a Newfie puppy. Omg both so cute!!!!!!!

Watching my two older cats sitting by the door washing themselves so zealously and with such concentration after munching raw chicken... simple creatures... food and affection. Not a hair left unwashed!

we can learn from them; says she munching her toast contentedly! settling for a snooze!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When you are in heavy traffic on the M50 and the tosser who is zig zagging through traffic is falling further and further behind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Pleasant greetings from people you meet while out for a walk.

Everybody seems in good form this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The light as I was driving into work this morning was magical. No wonder people believed in fairies and all that.

I went for coffee and a scone earlier, an elderly man sat at my table as the other empty tables were near the door and there was a cold wind coming in every time the door was opened, we had our coffee and chatted away in a very relaxed way as he was a really lovely man,the silences weren't even awkward, anyway I got up to leave and said goodbye and he said "Thank you so much for your company ",I just thought it was a lovely thing to say and totally unnecessary as I really enjoyed the chat with him,some people are just genuinely lovely .

I went for coffee and a scone earlier, an elderly man sat at my table as the other empty tables were near the door and there was a cold wind coming in every time the door was opened, we had our coffee and chatted away in a very relaxed way as he was a really lovely man,the silences weren't even awkward, anyway I got up to leave and said goodbye and he said "Thank you so much for your company ",I just thought it was a lovely thing to say and totally unnecessary as I really enjoyed the chat with him,some people are just genuinely lovely .

You made his day a joy. Thank you!

Happy flowers….

glitch

• Advertisement

Fresh green shoots poking up from the compost. I planted spring bulbs I forgot to plant last year and I was worried they weren't viable. Looks like every single one is growing. Randy uncles (ranunculus) and anemones.

These little things to look forward to really break up the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Coffee with a friend. Chats, laughter and smiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Putting my feet up, literally now with tea and a Picnic bar after a manic but productive day at work.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Has an unplanned school pick up this afternoon. Lovely to have a chat with our grandson and a bit of a laugh together.

I left my car at my parents house and went away with my mum in her car yesterday. One of my tyres was very low on air so my Dad went and filled it for me while I was gone and since I was also low on petrol he put some in the tank for me. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

I found an envelope with €250 in an old handbag while I was clearing out my wardrobe this evening. It was such an unexpected delight.

I’m going to put it towards a weekend away :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

When grieving people don't lose their appetite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I found an envelope with €250 in an old handbag while I was clearing out my wardrobe this evening. It was such an unexpected delight.

I’m going to put it towards a weekend away :)

I love when that kind of stuff happens :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

...was that YOUR handbag????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

cjmc wrote: »
    I love when that kind of stuff happens :)
    It certainly is a nice feeling.

However, the pessimist in me is looking at the appliances in my kitchen/utility room - I’m half expecting one of them to break down - that’s what usually happens when I’m feeling a bit flush :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement