Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Harry Enfield and chums - Michael Caine sketch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

northgirl wrote:
    Harry Enfield and chums - Michael Caine sketch

"Not a lot of people know that"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Such a lovely morning out there, out here. Dawn rosying the clear sky, air pure as spring water... sea a mirror of sky. The gorse is gilding the fields.. and I found whole banks of tiny wild violets..

Even thought I heard the distant mere echo of a cuckoo.. probably on the mainland , for sounds carry mightily here.

Dog had a serious, noisy disruptive case of cabin fever,. so walkies was sheer self defence; watching her race off down the lane as soon as I opened the gate, ears flapping and tail waving is a sight to make for happiness.. I just stand there and laugh in her sheer exuberant delight at her freedom.

Cat went the wrong way and ran in great hastes to find us again.

Lovely start to the day...really lovely.

"The sun has got his hat on.
    Hip hip hip hooray.
    The sun has got his hat on
    And is coming out to play!"

All together now !!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Went on to MandMDirect for a 'goosey' and ended up buying new trainers. And a few other bits. Fúck it sure it's Friday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Where I work, we have two buildings in the one industrial estate. Half an hour ago, I was going from one to the other, I was getting my bike for the less than two minute cycle. As I grabbed my bike, turning it to the direction I'd be going, I jumped back out of fright.

On the other side of the car I was beside, there was suddenly a lot of whiteness. A family of sheep had come into our car-park, a mammy, a daddy, and three lambs, and were just 10 foot from me. I watched them saunter for a bit, just to see where they'd go. They just went about randomly in a line, with the parents at each end... :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    "Not a lot of people know that"

Must check that out

TH its Friday!!!

Must check that out

TH its Friday!!!

Dave Angel sketches are class too
    https://youtu.be/X_EBZPGeHxU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

kfallon wrote:

Dave Angel is from The Fast Show though.

• Advertisement

Thats true, Paul Whitehouse doing Michael Caine prob just made me think of The Fast Show

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

kfallon wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/X_EBZPGeHxU

This made me the happy during the week :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Went on to MandMDirect for a 'goosey' and ended up buying new trainers. And a few other bits. Fúck it sure it's Friday :)

TA it's not a site that sells M&Ms. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

kfallon wrote:
    Thats true, Paul Whitehouse doing Michael Caine prob just made me think of The Fast Show

Yeah I guessed that alright. Ted you confused the whole situation! :)

Agreed re Dave Angel, very funny. Avin a wee on a tree!

Yeah I guessed that alright. Ted you confused the whole situation! :)

Agreed re Dave Angel, very funny. Avin a wee on a tree!

That breakfast scene makes me laugh every time
    "Septic Tank"
    "Disneyland"
    :D

When you have the music on your phone on "shuffle" and The Cures "Friday I'm in Love" comes on.....on a Friday. Booooom :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

When you have the music on your phone on "shuffle" and The Cures "Friday I'm in Love" comes on.....on a Friday. Booooom :D
    ...As you're eating a Crunchie.

northgirl wrote: »

"I brought them at Dixons!"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Michael Caine impersonations in general :D

https://youtu.be/HFIQIpC5_wY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I lost 6 kg! So delighted. Really have been restricting food a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Lovely chill day! It's a beautiful day out! And I took owed time out and am off till next Thursday! Yusssssss! :D:pac: Next Thursday feels like a feicing year away though!! I could be bored by like maybe Sunday/Monday hah! :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement

Full belly, warm bed... still air ... wild violets and tame cats.. yaaawwwnnn! Have a wonderful evening everyone and be happy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Listening to the wee one talking to her teddies by herself in her playpen....squealing away to herself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Fluffy green trees . I love when you can still see the branches but covered in fresh green fluffy leaves

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I heard good things about Derry Girls but missed it first time around. But it was repeated there on E4 the last few weeks and now that all the episodes are recorded, I'm watching them. 4/6 episodes in and it's brilliant stuff! As a Dub, the "Troubles" is a bit alien to me, but the setting of being a teen in the early 90s is very familiar and I'm loving it. Makes me TA today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Job interview today could not have gone better! Delighted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Job interview today could not have gone better! Delighted :D

Great!

TH today is probably not trivial; LIFE. Just being able to enjoy life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

A strange car pulled in to the drive this afternoon, as I sat in the garden just beginning the crossword.

"#$@# , who now?"

Turns out it was an old acquaintance we hadn't seen in over twenty years. He was going to meet someone but had an hour to spare. Two hours later he left. A very pleasant catch up and happy to see him looking so well.

Talking of that. There was a great documentary on RTE about the 1980’s triple crown winning teams.

Ollie Campbell when asked about aging ( I suppose, the question wasn’t shown) said there were three ages of adulthood:

Young,
    Middle aged,
    and
    “You’re looking well”.

He said he was well into his “you’re looking well” time of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Am seeing my niece tommorow, in a house with a massive tarmac drive. So I bought a box of jumbo chalk tonight, and weather and house owner permitting, I'm planning on teaching her how to play hopscotch! Even the thought of it is making me happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Congratulations. 🎈🎈🎈

Where and when is the party?

Well done, get the champers out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

A hug from someone you love and you didn't realise how much you actually needed it. Best feeling in the world.

Visiting my little nephew tomorrow, can't wait to see him! Hopefully he won't shouting the house down again when I hold him :D.

Calm still morning and chilly.. all quiet indoors and out so settling into a peaceful day; cleared up with a flurry of official emails and the weekend is a freedom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Early morning sunshine, a day full of promise

Until the clouds come in and pigeons crap on your patio set!

Elongated cloud reflections across the ocean...

Heat in the sun, blue sky, birdsong enveloping the garden and adjoining fields, calves playing, and peace reigns. It's one of those days for doing things. Love 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Very TH at a week-end with no obligations like family masses or visits, or birthday parties, all these little things that normally structure the week-end.

As a family this week-end, we're freeeeeeee !

• Advertisement

My good neighbour's cattle are finally OUT .. Lovely to see their great hulking shapes against the sky

And there are bees and butterflies around.

Watching kids play in the garden, prams being pushed, sticks collected in the wooded area (or deep dark wood as one of them calls it), and the youngest fella enraptured that not only are the cows in the field but there are calves. Adults chatting about everything and nothing, in the sunshine. Back out I go......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Booked a weekend away for me and my boyfriend next weekend. It wasn't planned and I am so excited!

Today all the grassy banks here, and the land has been long empty, is scattered generously with wild violets. I have not seen wild flowers like this for decades...

Happiness is tiny violet faces smiling from banks and borders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My awesome new mermaid's tail blanket, crocheted for me by a lovely Boardsie :-)

Much as I love and enjoy them all, it's just the two of us now for the night. Dinner, TV, a couple of drinks and some chocolate in quiet comfort.

• Advertisement

Getting to hold nephew and bottle feeding him and winding him and he was looking up at me as if to say "Who the flip is fella now" :D and I brought him a blue teddy and when I was leaving I threw the other teddy out of his cot and left mine in :3 also I helped my brother in law in the garden shifting earth and then digging a trench around a flower bed :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Getting to hold nephew and bottle feeding him and winding him and he was looking up at me as if to say "Who the flip is fella now" :D and I brought him a blue teddy and when I was leaving I threw the other teddy out of his cot and left mine in :3 also I helped my brother in law in the garden shifting earth and then digging a trench around a flower bed :cool:

Ah don't go burying the other teddy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Seph, admit it - yours wasn't a blue teddy, was it? Yours was a blue kitten.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Ah don't go burying the other teddy.

I have no recollection of the matter in question :3
    New Home wrote: »
    Seph, admit it - yours wasn't a blue teddy, was it? Yours was a blue kitten.

I wish! all they had was teddy bears :pac:

[QUOTE=Sephiroth_dude;106854607

Ah there you are!

I think you will love this !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5lTlhXCo3c

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement