Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

The pink cherry blossom trees all around my estate look especially nice today. I think that's what they're called. We use to call them confetti trees as kids!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lorelli! wrote: »
    We use to call them confetti trees as kids!

You're right they are called confetti trees :3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'm about 10 years late to the party but I've just discovered the joy of Podcasts.
    I used to hate going for walks alone because I'd get bored of listening to music and would end up changing the song every 2 minutes, meaning I spent half the walk distracted with my head in my phone.
    I literally completely lost 2 hours last night listening to one, didn't even feel the time pass.
    TH that I've finally found something I enjoy that helps keep me moving instead of being a couch potato. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I'm about 10 years late to the party but I've just discovered the joy of Podcasts.
    I used to hate going for walks alone because I'd get bored of listening to music and would end up changing the song every 2 minutes, meaning I spent half the walk distracted with my head in my phone.
    I literally completely lost 2 hours last night listening to one, didn't even feel the time pass.
    TH that I've finally found something I enjoy that helps keep me moving instead of being a couch potato. :pac:

Please please take care if you are walking on roads, however quiet, You NEED to be able to hear eg cars. There have been some tragedies.

Shopping here and in and put away, well most of it... hassle free and kindly done. Ah bliss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

SusieBlue wrote: »

They say 'two shorten the road' and Mrs S and I don't even notice the 5 or 6 km walk each day when we have each other for company. When Mrs S goes on her own she uses her IPod and says it takes the chore from the walk. Do what helps the walk pass for you. The total benefits for brisk walking are immense.

TH today was memories and having a baby in the house - and the super sunshine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was planning on buying a light quilt for the warmer weather and when I came home My mam had brought me one :o:D and then I was cheeky and asked her any chance of a 100euro and she caught the brush and told me to get out ya pup :D.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Chancer! :D

My TH is a bowlful of rum and raisins ice cream. Nyom!

New Home wrote: »

My TA is a bowlful of rum and raisins ice cream. Nyom!

er, is you in the wrong thread or is I? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Graces7 wrote: »

WHATCHU-TALKIN-BOUT-jil5u7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I think the rum went to her head for a moment.😂

Drunk? Me? Not a bit!

giphy.gif

The hugs and kisses as they all head for home.

My TH is a bowlful of rum and raisins ice cream. Nyom!

Lol... My old teacher red biro skill never lets up and I spot every typo etc.. Just could not resist; apologies! !!!!

Drunk? Me? Not a bit!

giphy.gif

Is that Grandeod there?

• Advertisement

Lol... My old teacher red biro skill never lets up and I spot every typo etc.. Just could not resist; apologies! !!!!

I wouldn't mind, but as I was typing I was thinking "I MUST type TH, NOT TA. NOT TA, TH!!!" Didn't work. Well, the TA could have been that I would have eaten a kilo of it, but common sense prevailed.

I wouldn't mind, but as I was typing I was thinking "I MUST type TH, NOT TA. NOT TA, TH!!!" Didn't work. Well, the TA could have been that I would have eaten a kilo of it, but common sense prevailed.

It gave me a start as I cannot post in TA... But I was sure ice cream was not a TA

My other TH is that I also have half a kilo of peach sorbet in the freezer. My TA is that it's calling me... :(

Must. Resist. MUST!!!

My other TH is that I also have half a kilo of peach sorbet in the freezer. My TA is that it's calling me... :(

Must. Resist. MUST!!!

now THAT I might go for.. rum and raisin does not appeal.. I have a litre of vanilla honeycomb , the first ice cream the freezer has seen for years, but am too snug to go and try it..
    peach sorbet..wow...

Must. Resist. MUST!!!

Oh go for it! Life's too short and you can always buy more.

TH that I have three flavours of ice-cream in the freezer and I'm going for it now and eating in the garden.
    Raspberry ripple, I think.

• Advertisement

Life will be even shorter if I go for it!!

Still, it's almost dinner time... and the raisins before and the peach in a while would count as two of my five-a-day... ;)

Still, it's almost dinner time... and the raisins before and the peach in a while would count as two of my five-a-day... ;)

I use that excuse when having an apple and cream donut - one of my five a day and I need the calcium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Lorelli! wrote: »
    The pink cherry blossom trees all around my estate look especially nice today. I think that's what they're called. We use to call them confetti trees as kids!

We used to call them 'oh my god the cherry blossoms are out and I haven't even started studying for exams' tree when we were in college :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Myself and my class ended up on a mission to get a cat down off a wall. He was stuck for ages so we decided to help. By the time I got out, he had gotten down! Clever cat :)

TH (x100) my boyfriend is coming in and the two of us and my sister are going to order takeaway and watch Eurovision!

I use that excuse when having an apple and cream donut - one of my five a day and I need the calcium.

I'm bowing to the Master.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I love how Grace has embraced Ireland and I love how the Irish Community generally rally around and help out. It just gives a little pleasant boost, - even with the mess the Country is, I think it's pretty much guaranteed that the rural homestead anyway dunno about City-folk, will always rally around the Community. It's warm and endearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Wandering on Donabate beach collecting shells with a grandchild . A little moment of heaven .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Wandering on Donabate beach collecting shells with a grandchild . A little moment of heaven .

Take some pictures because these moments can be fleeting, very precious, and they grow up too fast.

TH that I had a great day here with two of the younger grandchildren and meeting a teenage one for a coffee in town tomorrow morning to celebrate finishing his exams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Take some pictures because these moments can be fleeting, very precious, and they grow up too fast.

TH that I had a great day here with two of the younger grandchildren and meeting a teenage one for a coffee in town tomorrow morning to celebrate finishing his exams.

I took so many that Apple are annoying me to upgrade my i cloud !!!
    Best of luck to your teenage one !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I took so many that Apple are annoying me to upgrade my i cloud !!!

Phone updates in general, regardless of the application. First they sound like Mrs Doyle, then they verge on a godfatherish offer you can't refuse. :mad:

• Advertisement

Just weighed myself for the first time in ages and I still weigh the same as I did six years ago, despite Mrs S worrying that I'd lost weight. It hasn't fluctuated by more than three pounds in the past six years. 12 stone on the button. I'm 6ft 1, so spot on.

And that's with the raspberry ripple ice-cream and the apple and cream doughnuts? You lucky sod!!

And that's with the raspberry ripple ice-cream and the apple and cream doughnuts? You lucky sod!!

A friend of mine maintains I must have worms - I don't.

Are you suuuure?? Did your Mammy have you tested???

Are you suuuure?? Did your Mammy have you tested???

Just like Sheldon - who I'm watching right now.

Ok, I'm going for it. Damn my utter lack of willpower!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Just weighed myself for the first time in ages and I still weigh the same as I did six years ago, despite Mrs S worrying that I'd lost weight. It hasn't fluctuated by more than three pounds in the past six years. 12 stone on the button. I'm 6ft 1, so spot on.

Not half jealous :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My friend at work got roared at by one of the managers recently. This lady is visually and otherwise impaired, is a hard worker and would never raise her voice to anyone. She's finally made a formal complaint. I'm delighted she's done that for herself.

Ok, I'm going for it. Damn my utter lack of willpower!

Tell me more about this peach sorbet? Did you buy it?

• Advertisement

I bought it earlier - a kilo of rum and raisin, and half a kilo of peach sorbet. Now I've about 700g of the former, and 250 of the latter. I iz much ashamed.

I bought it earlier - a kilo of rum and raisin, and half a kilo of peach sorbet. Now I've about 700g of the former, and 250 of the latter. I iz much ashamed.

Sound delish tho, I’d have eaten them too! Where did you get them, it's been years since I had a decent rum n raisin ice cream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I used to make sorbets in work, it's a good bit healthier than ice cream so don't feel so bad :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Donar kebab and garlic chips. Sure you have to on a Friday.

But Pac1Man, it's only Thur...

Shush! They both end with 'day' so it's more or less the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Donar kebab and garlic chips. Sure you have to on a Friday.

But Pac1Man, it's only Thur...

Shush! They both end with 'day' so it's more or less the same.

Today is my Friday, so I decree it can be Friday treats for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Today is my Friday, so I decree it can be Friday treats for all.

All hail Ted_YNWA!!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

northgirl wrote: »
    All hail Ted_YNWA!!!! :pac:

Bow before me puny peasants.

:pac:

Oh shush, you - you don't even have ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭indioblack

Played this vid again tonight to cheer meself up.
    Thanks, Srameen.

Clean sheets - check
    New duvet - check
    Lie in tomorrow - check :D

Clean sheets - check
    New duvet - check
    Lie in tomorrow - check :D

Hidden alarm clock - Check

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement