Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Watching my biggest cat enjoying the weather. he simply sprawls his long-furred bulk wherever he pleases. The baby buggy I use for shopping is in the long grass by the big gate and he crashes underneath it for the shade.. and to lie in wait so dog and I do not go for a walk without him.. Safe here these my cats..And a continuing quiet delight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Driving home with the a/c on in the car....cool as an ice berg....

Flaked out in bedroom now like a boiled ham lol lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Granda day organised with my six year old granddaughter on Thursday. I can't wait...ice-cream on the prom, playground, water fights in the garden. I must make a list.

May I suggest soap bubbles? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Bought a fan! Lovely cooling waves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sitting in the shade now with a nice little breeze and enjoying the coolness after a roasting hot day .

A happy little grandaughter splashed and played in the pool in the garden today well shaded by three sun umbrellas . Oh to have joined her ! Did put my feet in which was lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Happy that today worked out absolutely perfectly. Did the breakfast shift at work, was out at noon, then came home and spent the whole day lying out in the sun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

gifted wrote: »
    Driving home with the a/c on in the car....cool as an ice berg....

Flaked out in bedroom now like a boiled ham lol lol
    A few years ago I got a ceiling fan in Argos for about 30 quid and it was brilliant. I would leave it on the low setting all night and it wasn't loud. It was especially helpful in the humid. Now that I have birds flying around the apartment it's become redundant :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I am wearing a baseball cap,shorts, hair tied back and sunglasses with the heat. Not my usual look at all. I am sniggering imagining the sh1t I could get up to and not be recognised. TH at how easily amused I am :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I just found a good free location in the town, in a car park actually, where I can go and bang a tennis ball against a wall without bothering anyone or any chance of breaking any windows. It nice to be able go out and engage in some activity that doesn't cost anything. And Wimbledon hasn't even started yet! Long live long dry sunny evenings.

one day less of the extreme heat...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

New Home wrote: »
    May I suggest soap bubbles? :)

Yes! I have some in the press. Thank you.

Loving this weather; it offers so many excuses - mess with water, not do as much work, eat ice-cream, drink tall cold cocktails...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You could also stock up on ice-cream and various sprinkles/toppers and play "ice-cream parlour"!

Hey, can I come along, too, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

New Home wrote: »
    You could also stock up on ice-cream and various sprinkles/toppers and play "ice-cream parlour"!

Hey, can I come along, too, please?

If over 74 or under 6, you are very welcome - bring your own wafer cones.

May I swap some of those numbers around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Is that mental age?

No. That's definitely under 5.

New Home wrote:
    No. That's definitely under 5.

That would meet the under 6 criteria.

Any loophole to get ice-cream.

Ted, you are a genius. It's hard to tell, but you are. :pac:

New Home wrote:
    Ted, you are a genius. It's hard to tell, but you are.

Quoting for posterity.

GDPR, Ted. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

It makes me very happy that The Kinks are planning on making a... komeback.

AllForIt wrote: »
    I just found a good free location in the town, in a car park actually, where I can go and bang a tennis ball against a wall without bothering anyone or any chance of breaking any windows. It nice to be able go out and engage in some activity that doesn't cost anything. And Wimbledon hasn't even started yet! Long live long dry sunny evenings.

Brings back memories of a long ago childhood,,, Bouncing balls off the wall,,, We had songs too.. "1,2,3, a leara, 456 a leara, 789 a leara, TEN a leara" ( on which you had to spin round fast.. "CATCH the ball.."

all kinds of variations to make it harder...

And folk wonder why we had no childhood obesity.. played that for hours

New Home wrote:
    GDPR, Ted.

You waived your rights by declaring it on a public forum.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Brings back memories of a long ago childhood,,, Bouncing balls off the wall,,, We had songs too.. "1,2,3, a leara, 456 a leara, 789 a leara, TEN a leara" ( on which you had to spin round fast.. "CATCH the ball.."

all kinds of variations to make it harder...

And folk wonder why we had no childhood obesity.. played that for hours
    Ah Yes , Out all day and played skipping and elastic bands and balls and marbles along the paths .,
    Grace where you in Ireland ? Our song was
    1 2 3 O Leary etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaX0DNgXf28

And Plainy Packet of Rinso
    Uppy Packet of Rinso
    Downy Packet of Rinso
    Twirly Packet of Rinso

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You waived your rights by declaring it on a public forum.

Well, I lied (any loophole to get ice-cream, right?). :cool:

I am easily pleased but being able to leave stuff out in the back garden .Not having to take in the sun shades or the toys or the garden shoes .Leaving washing out overnight and its dry by morning !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Ah Yes , Out all day and played skipping and elastic bands and balls and marbles along the paths .,
    Grace where you in Ireland ? Our song was
    1 2 3 O Leary etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaX0DNgXf28

Ah I grew up in far away Lancashire.. Not here.. the O'Leary connection makes sense as we were near Liverpool with its strong Irish community ..

Hopscotch was my favourite. Never will I forget the sound of an old tobacco tin grating on stones...or the polish of scratches it gathered.

Cannot find a version like we played that involved kicking the tin as we hopped and it made a good solitary game like that. I used to play it alone for hours. Made for very strong legs ...

This is fun!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-FGDwjLr0

Looking back is happy making

For Seph! Cat funnies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peEbD4ZBEYM

Enjoy!

THREE ripe strawberries on the birthday gift plant! Mouthwatering thought

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Graces7 wrote: »
    For Seph! Cat funnies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peEbD4ZBEYM

Enjoy!

TH for the above :D.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's Lunch Time!!

Just seen the first peacock butterfly here...

http://www.irishbutterflies.com/peacock_butterfly_of_ireland.html?photo=1

WISH I could put the photo on here.. if anyone can, thank you

I knew there would be these here as they love nettles and there are abundant here..

Such a lovely sight as he dried his wings in the sun

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

peacock1_web.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

So So happy that a certain ex-colleague*(that I have posted about here before) has been seen for what they are, and now will not be a non-entity in our professional circles.

*= complete and utter boll*& and proud of it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

peacock1_web.jpg

O wow. thank you,

Is it not the most lovely sight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Except for those of us who are based in emergency care, we who are due on the afternoon shift has been told to 'work from home'/ given the afternoon/night off with reassessment in the am.

A th in itself, but now I can mind my sore back/kidneys/allergies in a temp controlled room with lots of just out of the fridge water and not have to make excuses to anyone.:):):)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Next door dog who must be the happiest animal alive, always in great form.

The cattle here waiting for my dog to go out in the field so they can chase her. I swear they are laughing at her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I've finished my 2 weeks of IV antibiotics and my lung function has gone from 45 to 53%!!! Delighted with myself. I feel so much better too. I also saw the psychologist and she'll talk to my doctors about changing my lovely head pills so I'll be all kinds of happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I've finished my 2 weeks of IV antibiotics and my lung function has gone from 45 to 53%!!! Delighted with myself. I feel so much better too. I also saw the psychologist and she'll talk to my doctors about changing my lovely head pills so I'll be all kinds of happy :D

That's wonderful news re the lung function!!.
    TH at this Brilliant news this evening :)

That peacock butterfly posted above thanks to Seph.. Lifts the heart .. The essence of summer..

• Advertisement

A more serious happy that most of you may not understand but i need that those who so kindly involved know...

Some while ago there was a verbal attack and threats from a person here, incomer, squatter. No islander would ever behave like that. I called the Gardai and was online and so much support and kindness here that night.
    Because of the complaint and of other matters I told the gardai about re the man. that had serious implications, he is no longer allowed on the island.

Sweetest relief, and that the Gardai and other authorties protected me. A safe place to grow older in. It really is..

BLESSINGS AND THANKS for this happiness... And here for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

My anxiety and irritability levels have gone down. Feeling much more relaxed and at ease!

Hope all are well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Try_harder wrote: »
    My anxiety and irritability levels have gone down. Feeling much more relaxed and at ease!

Hope all are well!

That's a MAJOR th , delighted for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Swimming in the sea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    That's a MAJOR th , delighted for you :)

Thanks! These new meds are great. I was gonna ask doc if I could go back to work early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Try_harder wrote: »
    Thanks! These new meds are great. I was gonna ask doc if I could go back to work early!

That's brilliant that they are working for you , I know how hard it can be to get one that helps .

Enjoy the time off , and enjoy feeling good , before you have to go back into work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Bittersweet day tomorrow. Last day of school and summer holidays time. But I'm leaving my school and I'm heartbroken. There will be plenty of tears. I'm TH for summer but TA for leaving my school.

I got some amazing gifts from the staff today. Totally shocked at their generosity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Cleopatra and Grace, happy for you both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH that I got a call today telling me that my shift tomorrow is cancelled :D

TH for my neighbours who worked and worked yesterday haymaking on steep ground. That the fodder for winter is safe already and time for a second cut later in the year. Last year was a disaster. TH for cooler hours.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement