Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Predictive text !:mad:
    Releveler
    Eva, can I see bees in a cave? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

blade1 wrote: »
    Eva, can I see bees in a cave? :D

A dose of the in Elba I was able

I do remember someone telling me that there were some chemical compounds created with 30 odd letters that were palindromes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Done work, glad to be out of my uniform. To hot to wear that much fabric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A strong, refreshing, breeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Got great praise yes for passing on what I considered a common sense trick to keep cats cool but works for dogs too.

While I don't have a lot of patience with our students at the best of times, it was great to see them today looking so much happier and relieved now that a certain sanity-threatening 'situation' at work has been permanently removed.

An insider at uni showed me how to access my end of year collated results, so lovely of her to tell me(th) and my results(th)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Pretty girls in their summer dresses.

:)

Watching a video of a kitten playing with a feather, having a grand auld time trying to catch it :D:3.

You need to seek help with this cat fetish obsession. It's not healthy. ;)

Mrs S is home after three days away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The sparrows nesting in the wall opposite my door who still are feeding young and who keep chiding me when they arrive with food. Utterly lovely wee birds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You need to seek help with this cat fetish obsession. It's not healthy. ;)

Keep your advice to yourself in future thanks.

Keep your advice to yourself in future thanks.

:)

https://media.giphy.com/media/WMfho5VxnIaOc/giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Older, wiser heads...and olive branches.....

Cold wet cloth on hot itchy prickly heat rash is bliss, once the shock wears off ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A lovely afternoon on the beach with family and a paddle in cold sea water !

Yet more visitors on their way. The good weather is really bringing them out. An evening in the garden beckons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

World cup knockout day! One brilliant game already and now Uruguay vs Portugal to look forward to. Class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chev_Chelios

A lazy Saturday in front of the tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Rose. Pizza. Sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

World cup knockout day! One brilliant game already and now Uruguay vs Portugal to look forward to. Class :)

It's now officially Squeeky-Bum Time!

I tend to sleep on my bed this weather, even my lightest nightwear is too heavy.
    The TH? how much I love the feel of the fan blowing cool air on to my skin as I drift off.

TH, my friend has his internet back and had a long long chat today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

No hangover tomorrow, suppose I may aswell look at the positives ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

When I go glancing through comments on boards.ie and think that is a great comment, great point there I never thought of that.
    That deserves a like.
    Fair play to them.

Then realise it is comment I posted about a subject years ago....

:D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Blissfully cool, cloudy morning. Wind music a sweet familiar sound, and even a hint of moisture in the air.. happiness . Slept IN the bed last night ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Getting my sh1t together!

Spent the morning doing paperwork, updating online banking, updating meter reading for Airtricity, writing emails, a bit of online shopping and finally signed up for a Revolut card.

If I was half as productive at home as I am in work I'd be dangerous

In from out .... the dog needed walk.Never enough but at least a try .. needed out too after working the 2 week shopping list ... Happy it is done... Lovely the wind out there, warm and benevolent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Happy that we're back to good old honest Irish temperatures. :)

• Advertisement

Sitting writing in my study with the window open and the scent of the honeysuckle flower right outside the window is wafting in with the light breeze that's in it, and that beautiful mellifluous Irish word leoithne, meaning 'light breeze' keeps recurring to me. Perfect. And I'm thinking of my days in Feothanach, and how feoithne means a 'gusty breeze'. A quick google later and I see some beautiful human being has written a blog entitled Some 60 Irish words and phrases for breeze/wind/gust. Another lovely linguistic distraction for the afternoon that's in it.

Poochie05 wrote: »

Spent the morning doing paperwork, updating online banking, updating meter reading for Airtricity, writing emails, a bit of online shopping and finally signed up for a Revolut card.

And don't forget to claim tax back on loads of things from medical expenses to SEAI grants to tuition fees. You can go back four years but most people for some reason never bother claiming anything back from Revenue. They're pretty quick at paying back too, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A little light cooling breeze , I am easily pleased !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    A little light cooling breeze , I am easily pleased !

Same here in Carlow. Some cloud cover with a delightful breeze. Back t the poor parched garden.

Yellow Wax Beans! Yummy!

• Advertisement

Petty posts

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chev_Chelios

My cold finally drying up.

DunnoKidz wrote: »
    Seph and his cat posts make me smile :)

Oooooh wrong thread :pac::pac::pac: this be the cheery thread ----> Trivial Annoyance Thread is >>>-.-<<< that a way :P

Or..... ;) ....is there a "Let's all be judgmental" thread, I am missing?

:rolleyes: It was a light hearted slag - a joke!

My bed. Always makes me happy... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Poochie05 wrote: »

What way does that Revolut card work? What made you want to sign up for one? I've never heard of it before.

My TH is that my husband bought a little air conditioning unit over the weekend, €80 in Homebase and it's one of the finest things he has ever purchased. It's mainly for our dogs, our german shepherd is having a particularly bad time in the heat so she's absolutely loving it now. She flops down in front of it and has a good sleep, she looks rested, whereas before we got it, she wasn't really having a proper sleep because of the heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

erica74 wrote: »
    What way does that Revolut card work? What made you want to sign up for one? I've never heard of it before.

My TH is that my husband bought a little air conditioning unit over the weekend, €80 in Homebase and it's one of the finest things he has ever purchased. It's mainly for our dogs, our german shepherd is having a particularly bad time in the heat so she's absolutely loving it now. She flops down in front of it and has a good sleep, she looks rested, whereas before we got it, she wasn't really having a proper sleep because of the heat.

Revolut is essentially an FX app, that offers a card. The card is MasterCard.
    You have two choices, you can load EUR into your account and then when you use it abroad in USD/GBP/SEK whatever, they take the FX rate as of that date. Alternatively you can take the value of today's FX rate and convert EUR into the currency of where you're going on holiday so the balance in your account is GBP not EUR. You can still use it in Ireland, it will convert back from GBP to EUR when you spend it.

It's also free to make transfers to bank accounts (international and local), takes about 3 days. If any friends have Revolut you can make and take payments instantly.

I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Someone brought kinder surprise eggs into work. I thought these didn’t exist anymore due to kids choking on the toys, must be an urban myth

I had two eggs with delicious chocolate and I made two toys to display for my desk :)

Hmm I believe the toys were complex when I was a kid, today it was one click and complete

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Someone brought kinder surprise eggs into work. I thought these didn’t exist anymore due to kids choking on the toys, must be an urban myth

I had two eggs with delicious chocolate and I made two toys to display for my desk :)

Only in the USA, they are banned over there due to a choking hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hmm I believe the toys were complex when I was a kid, today it was one click and complete

It was the US they were banned in.

Watching two squirrels enjoying the birdbath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

razorblunt wrote: »
    Revolut is essentially an FX app, that offers a card. The card is MasterCard.
    You have two choices, you can load EUR into your account and then when you use it abroad in USD/GBP/SEK whatever, they take the FX rate as of that date. Alternatively you can take the value of today's FX rate and convert EUR into the currency of where you're going on holiday so the balance in your account is GBP not EUR. You can still use it in Ireland, it will convert back from GBP to EUR when you spend it.

It's also free to make transfers to bank accounts (international and local), takes about 3 days. If any friends have Revolut you can make and take payments instantly.

I can't recommend it highly enough.

Mine is Visa, apparently it's a recent change. Not sure if they do both now.
    But yes, handy for buying online and travelling. You can use it as a normal debit card in most places. Contactless too.

There's a few threads about it here on Boards:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057481488

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Japan winning! I love it!

2 - 0 !!!!
    :eek: TH I didn't put a bet on that game.

My smallest cat, who loves to sit near me and "give out" when SHE thinks she should be fed, then comes to purr her thanks and huge affection . Never heard so vocal a cat since I bred Siamese.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

You jinxed them :(

You jinxed them :(

sad-puppies-that-will-ruin-your-day-1-5801-1330112703-51_big.jpg

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I won E25 on a E1 scratch card last Saturday! Me and Mam going to lunch on it Thursday before our hospital appointments!

A feast for Seph ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6MmYC00ZHo

Crazy Russians,,

3-year-old asked me for real money last night. Real money. Usually she's just "baking" stuff in her pretend kitchen and getting me to pay her in her toy money via her intermediary, her giggle-filled 1-year-old brother/butler who serves me (and then attempts to eat the "money", of course).

But I'm looking at her aghast with her latest request. 'Suigh síos a leanbh', arsa mise, and she comes over to the table and pulls herself up on the chair with a grin on her. Deadly serious face on me: 'Tá sé in am labhairt leat mar gheall ar an... Drochshaol'. So, I begin to tell her about the... Famine. The wife, at the far side of the kitchen, looks over at me incredulously on the hearing of this, and then giggles to herself. However, back to the little one and she's not quite getting the seriousness of it all so I make sure I keep telling her we hadn't even a red penny to feed ourselves. No money at all. For effect, I turn around the laptop and google some of those amazing NLI photos of starving, dispossessed peasants undergoing eviction in 19th century Ireland. They had no money so we have to look after it - remembering Seosamh Mac Grianna's extraordinary short story about the life of a man in his final days during the Famine 'Ar an Trá Fholamh', I exclaim 'Bhíomar ar an trá fholamh a mhuirnín!'. By the time I was finished I was sure she'd never ask me for money again and was quite chuffed with the effects and drama. Instead, she pipes up 'But that's why I need money!'.

Fecking hell. Disastrous Daddy Talk No. 1 (of no doubt many!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Fuaranach, your children have me in stitches! :D

Funny kids (not only Fuaranach's) make me very happy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement