Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A certain boardies and her funny puns :pac:

Her latest one

Breadvis and Buttbread

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Calling home and the miracle of phone calls across oceans..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

A nice cold milkshake in the sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Not really trivial but it makes me so happy...my baby is coming home from Canada on Sunday for two weeks. Ok shes 27,not a baby by any means but I havent seen her since September and my heart aches for her. My son (21) went to work in England in May and hes coming home for a week to see her . The 18yr old is still here so I'll have them all together for the first time in 10 months. Looking forward to some deep sleeps. I have the best sleeps when they are all safe in bed under my roof.

fineso.mom wrote: »
    Not really trivial but it makes me so happy...my baby is coming home from Canada on Sunday for two weeks. Ok shes 27,not a baby by any means but I havent seen her since September and my heart aches for her. My son (21) went to work in England in May and hes coming home for a week to see her . The 18yr old is still here so I'll have them all together for the first time in 10 months. Looking forward to some deep sleeps. I have the best sleeps when they are all safe in bed under my roof.

That is sheerly beautiful.. Thank you. Made the day brighter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

After trying and being turned down, trying some more , waiting and waiting, the eldest has eventually been approved for a mortgage. Bye bye daughter, hello getting a bedroom back :). Seriously delighted for her and will miss her when the time comes, is someone chopping onions ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Stopped on a dual carriage way this morning to try to help a young mother with a flat tyre and two babies in the car. A couple of THs; that she had a spare (She didn't know) and that the wheel nuts came off for me without too much effort. Nothing more embarrassing than not being able to get the wheel off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TH that the boards males are very helpful!
    The one and only time I ever changed my own flat wheel, I received step by step help from a boardsie via PM. Still might be one of the proudest achievements of my life.

Been out pottering a few minutes... The peas I put in in various places are podding and the broad beans ditto in flower...and the sunflowers are soaring heavenwards almost as you watch... and more strawberries... Greeted a passing neighbour... Sweet life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bro's phone is so crackly that he can't hear anything else, th is no more stropes over me not picking up his lunchtime calls or having to have identical conversations every day.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Stopped on a dual carriage way this morning to try to help a young mother with a flat tyre and two babies in the car. A couple of THs; that she had a spare (She didn't know) and that the wheel nuts came off for me without too much effort. Nothing more embarrassing than not being able to get the wheel off.

Oooh...you missed a great chance for a double entendre there, substitute the word "wheel" for 'nuts" .....and we all have a little giggle ;)

Listening to Nena's 99 Red Balloons (1983) for 1st time in many years and remember flying on my arse at the kids' roller disco while trying to impress a cailín.

Roller discos were brill once you learnt how to jump to 99 Red Balloons & Come on Eileen without losing your balance.

^^^^^
    TH at the memories, still love that song. I don't care what anyone says the 80s will always be the best music decade for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TH that so many love the 80's music , great songs great memories !

Whenever I hear Bowling for Soup's 1985 it reminds me of me. Except I don"t look a bit like the girl in the video, lol. Stuck in the 80s and TH to be :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet rain and the smell it brings.

Where. So envious.
    Sweet rain and the smell it brings.

Where. So envious.

Cork but its stopped now unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Lovely cool refreshing breeze in my back garden .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am struggling with the move from android to iPhone.
    My mum, who is 82, has offered to help me which is a small TH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Just back from a beautiful walk and it rained.
    Only about eleventy seven drops and all of them fell on me.

Nothing quite like walking in the rain.

Amen to this :3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Probably posted this before, but packing my shopping quicker than they can scan the items in Aldi.

I think if it rained here I might go out and dance in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

A restaurant I pass on the way back to my car every day leaving out a plastic tub of water with a sign on it that says drinks for doggies.

Lovely thought in this heat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Going through the park this evening, two young lads playing football with their dad. I think they are the Syrian Refugees that were housed here a few years back.

And a few days ago, a little guy playing with his dad, in the fountain area. His dad was in a wheelchair and was squirting the water using the wheel of his chair. His son found this so amusing and him in a cool little Batman swimsuit

These things just gladdens my heart

TOMORROW is LIBERATION DAY...

Car is fixed, at least the battery etc, so off I am away .....Not been off the island for .. nearly 2 months... .. ferry booked...

Shopping list of odd things I cannot get easily... Torn between dutiful shopping, ie town, and flying free while the weather is so fine.. FLY FREE!! After all I can go out again next week....

Very happy and feel very blessed.

Listening to Nena's 99 Red Balloons (1983) for 1st time in many years and remember flying on my arse at the kids' roller disco while trying to impress a cailín.

Roller discos were brill once you learnt how to jump to 99 Red Balloons & Come on Eileen without losing your balance.

OMG, my then little nephew was obsessed with Nina, used to jump up and down to this song in his buggy when he heard it out, for that particular reason it reminds me of the wallpaper shop in Monaghan, where he was in love with one of the few Russian people in Ireland at the time, who worked there.
    Awwwwwww

TH for today, looking around while I was running errands, so many more ppl out and all happy cause of the temp drop and shock/horror, wet showers. Cant really be called rain in comparison to what falls here normally.

• Advertisement

Route for tomorrow planned and makes me happy... Short sea crossing with my good neighbours soon after 9 am....They will check the car starts...

Off up north along the coast, stopping to offload some of the bags of tins and bottles that have accumulated...some small shopping..

Cross Abbey and Dearbhla's Well, assuming I can find them...;)

Sit in the sun and eat ice cream.. Paddle.... I mean what utter luxury...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

My OH bought me a bottle of pineapple vodka.
    I love anything pineapple, so I am very much looking forward to tasting this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The very welcome respite from the heatwave
    giphy.gif

Two new pals on boards :3.

My OH bought me a bottle of pineapple vodka.
    I love anything pineapple, so I am very much looking forward to tasting this :)

What a guy...... hang onto him anyway :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Brooklyn 99

"Relax it's not the first turkey I've killed in a friend's bath tub"

"It isn't?"

Terry Crews makes me very TH. :pac:

• Advertisement

TG1 wrote: »

Terry Crews makes me very TH. :pac:

Gotta love Terry :pac:

A neighbour has arrived with a box of pastries. She & Mrs S are sitting in the garden while I wait on the coffee to drip through - very slowly.

What a guy...... hang onto him anyway :3.

Plying him with vodka might help him stick around me a while longer :p

TH that I have chocolate covered pretzels to enjoy with a cuppa later :)

Had an email from J, the friend from Texas who was here in May.

She is now a GREAT-Grandmother.. a wee girl born on JULY 4th so as she says, all America will celebrate her birthday!.

All the more meaningful as J has had a battle with breast cancer

Happy when good things happen to good people.

My honorary great goddaughter was explaining to me a bun her grandmother sent her from their home in Poland.

She very seriously told me that even tho it looks like a cream bun it probably isn't as poles don't use cream like we do, they prefer custard.

I asked her why this was, she said its probably because there is a shortage of cows there.

• Advertisement

Having the banter today at lunch with the lads and howling with laughter :D .

Plying him with vodka might help him stick around me a while longer :p

Oh my :eek: :pac: :3

Heading out for lunch today with the lads :D bad atmosphere at home atm so nice to be around fun people for a while :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Its Friday, playing football this morning, love the banter and Im getting a bit of exercise almost as an aside. Great fun after a ****e day yesterday

The garden flowers are spectacular . A bit of sun has the petunia overflowing and tumbling down the walls and the geraniums think they are in Italy and are tall and beautiful . My window boxes are full of bright colour and looking smashing

Heading out for lunch today with the lads :D bad atmosphere at home atm so nice to be around fun people for a while :D.

Hope things improve for you Seph, home is the place you should feel safe and comfortable.

I’m TH that my son wants to watch Harry Potter today. I’m more than happy to oblige :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Kinder chocolate.

I’m TH that my son wants to watch Harry Potter today. I’m more than happy to oblige :D

Whenever someone mentions Harry Potter I'm reminded by this

:pac:

Hope things improve for you Seph, home is the place you should feel safe and comfortable.

Put the kettle on , am on my way !!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Put the kettle on , am on my way !!

Kettle is on Mam, and I’ll even share my chocolate frog with you :D

Kettle is on Mam, and I’ll even share my chocolate frog with you :D

I brought goodies also , and Butterbeer :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.