Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Lunchtime beer!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam is making the tae? Count me in! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Mam is making the tae? Count me in! :pac:

Mam makes a great cup of tea !!

But only drinks coffee :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Mam makes a great cup of tea !!

But only drinks coffee :D

Count me in for a cuppa too Mam! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Just got a delivery of anti-chafing shorts. Tights be gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Unexpected meet-ups.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had a great day in town with my class mates today, so much laughing and divilment my face hurts :D also were off for two weeks :3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

The Benny Hill theme tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

The Benny Hill theme tune.

The ice cream van here sometimes plays that tune...I can picture Benny with a 99.ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Colser wrote: »
    The ice cream van here sometimes plays that tune...I can picture Benny with a 99.ðŸ˜

Do all the kids run after it in fast motion like the TV show? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Seeing our small ferry boat emerging from the harbour mouth knowing that it is manned by 2 kind men and that it is coming over just for me. to bring me safe home,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Found a tea shop here that does nice herbal tea and has friendly staff. Also had a sale on so I got a teapot and tea with 40% off. I just moved continent so need to restock my kitchen with random tea.

The combination of copious chocolate and Pepsi Max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Adrift at the cinema this evening. It was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Sometimes Im thinking about a song and I go to search it on YouTube- forgetting I have Spotify Premium!
    (Missing -EBTG btw)

• Advertisement

Well, I use a wide large mug for my coffee, that I can get my hands round.. Been using a brown "hot soup" one for years and it has lost its handle, which is why I refuse to spend eg E8 on a lovely china one.. one wrong move..

Y;day a shop had "big mugs" for E2.. and they had purple, white inside.. So a fine new mug now..

Odd thing is that that is the same shop I bought my first big mug in Ireland from all those years ago..

Circles..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Try_harder wrote: »
    Sometimes Im thinking about a song and I go to search it on YouTube- forgetting I have Spotify Premium!
    (Missing -EBTG btw)

was flicking through the music channels on tv and caught the end of "I dont want to take about it" by EBTG, Id forgotten how good a track it was, you just reminded me to add it to my Spotify playlists, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

BBDBB wrote: »
    was flicking through the music channels on tv and caught the end of "I dont want to take about it" by EBTG, Id forgotten how good a track it was, you just reminded me to add it to my Spotify playlists, cheers

The "chooone" thread is fantastic for reminding you of forgotten favourites and also songs you've never heard before ...someone put up a song a few weeks ago and I'd never heard it before but love it and have listened to it many times since.(thanks Lorrelli😂)

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The garden flowers are spectacular . A bit of sun has the petunia overflowing and tumbling down the walls and the geraniums think they are in Italy and are tall and beautiful . My window boxes are full of bright colour and looking smashing

Ah lovely. One of my pots has "gone over:" but the one atop the gate post is a riot of trailing nasturtiums and poached egg, with a few peas with pods filling,,

And there are marguerites galore and now huge calendula glowing..

In the jungle at the back I have the biggest thistle plants you ever saw! Awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Told my friend yesterday I was going to have to take a pretty hardcore medicine and wouldn’t be able to drink at a wedding we were all going to. She seemed a bit worried about it and in an attempt to lighten the mood I said “ara sure look maybe it’ll poison the inner bitch in me and I’ll be nicer to everyone to which she replied “Jesus Lexie, I doubt it’s that strong!”
    :D:D no hugs from my girls but answers like that put a smile on my face for much longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Was with someone last night who said 'I wish I could text my dog. '
    :)

The ice cream van has got good taste.

Don't we all.

But what reply would they make!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Graces7 wrote: »
    But what reply would they make!

Dog: hey!... Don't be bringing home any bitches tonight!

Me: No probs...bros before hoes!

Dog: Indeed, me too.. owner before boner!

Mine would yell WHERE ARE YOU? HOW DARE YOU GO OUT AND LEAVE ME! Then the phone would explode...POWW!!!

Her welcome when I get home maks me- and her- very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

The combination of spending time with my dad, pizza, beer, and sunshine. Loving today so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

The "chooone" thread is fantastic for reminding you of forgotten favourites and also songs you've never heard before ...someone put up a song a few weeks ago and I'd never heard it before but love it and have listened to it many times since.(thanks Lorrelli😂)

:) it's one of my favourite threads and found some really good songs that i didnt know in there myself too.

Went out for something to eat yesterday in a cafe sort of place and they gave us some free cookies cause they had broken up and they wouldnt sell them that way. Tasted better imo especially since they were free :)

Also th for maxi dresses and getting good use out of mine in this weather!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

One nil to England, yessss!

Holding the door open for people

• Advertisement

Getting a photo today of all our children and grandchildren together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I went to my friends wedding yesterday. She was unbelievably beautiful!! We had such a good day. Spent the whole day chatting to my best friend, her husband, my boyfriend and all my college friends. It was such a happy day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got a €5 tip off one of the men off one of my tables at work today, so sweet of him :D

The pleasant sound of silence - the silence that includes birds singing, leaves rustling and people gently laughing but excludes the hullabaloo of traffic, shouting or moaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The cat chasing a butterfly around the garden and the butterfly won ! The butterfly is now perched on a vantage point that is out of cats reach and I am almost sure I saw it stick out its tongue !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Getting to bring the mother to queen plus Adam lambert today.

Nice food and a nice hotel to.

She is getting older and I am trying to bring her to as many gigs as possible now.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The cat chasing a butterfly around the garden and the butterfly won ! The butterfly is now perched on a vantage point that is out of cats reach and I am almost sure I saw it stick out its tongue !!

This ^^ hearing about peoples cats!

This ^^ hearing about peoples cats!

I love this too, makes me smile.

AND I think I'm getting a kitten!!!!! My new kitten will never ever replace my 8 cats (that I miss so much) but I'm so excited that I could be getting a new kitten!!! Myself and my boyfriend spent ages thinking of kitten names and we actually cried laughing because if it's a girl we want to call it Pawline haha!

• Advertisement

KatW4 wrote: »

my 8 cats (that I miss so much)

Leave it to me,I'll round up a couple of boardies and we'll get them out for ya navy seal style! ninja-smiley.gif:3

The fragrance of so many flowers and herbs just hanging in the warm air this evening.

Leave it to me,I'll round up a couple of boardies and we'll get them out for ya navy seal style!

Haha :) that would make my entire life!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Why do I feel like Leonard & Co. when they went to Penny's ex to get her money and her telly?

KatW4 wrote: »
    Haha :) that would make my entire life!

Four might go missing though and end up in cork somehow....

*whistles innocently *

:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And then the other four would go looking for them and end up in the same place, I'll bet. And Seph's clothes will suddenly be covered in cat hairs. Coincidences are an amazing thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

A shower and feeling clean, a very simple thing, but even more appreciated these days.

Galway winning in the Leinster Hurling Final replay

Four might go missing though and end up in cork somehow....

:O I'd fight you for them!!!

TA: A day well spent with the best person in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lilmissbee88

my new 2m charging cable 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Playing Susie Dent's new Word Game app and I got 164 points for the 8 letter word, CLUBBING

Also, back to work tomorrow!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement