Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That's the one *swoon*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

madmaggie wrote: »
    I got two rescue hens from Littlehill Animal Sanctuary last year. They were terrified of everything and almost bald. Now they are proper little hens, fat and cheeky. :D

I had pet hens as a kid, Rhode Island Reds. Lovely girls!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happy at so many happy hen posts. Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Getting my hair and bread trimmed this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

branie2 wrote: »
    Getting my hair and bread trimmed this morning

Do you not eat the crusts? ;)

A copy of a new book by a friend arrived in the post, with a lovely signed inscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Sorry, I meant beard

That wondrous sound of a hen announcing she has LAID AN EGG! First one here... Happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I share with a shower of wasters. One student and four workers like me holding supposedly responsible jobs. You would think they would have some level of maturity

I flat out refused to put the bin out for the last three weeks as I was doing it for months. Do you think they got the message? There were bin bags piling up under the stairs stinking in the heat and flies buzzing and again today bin day was missed.

These people are accountants, university students, language translators and they are animals. The whole toilet paper stealing was another issue

My TH is I'm moving house in two weeks and so happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TH, I have no idea of when the school holidays start or end!!!!!

Current squad all past that stage.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

My 6 year old daughter inviting all her friends to my Birthday party next week. First we heard of a party!:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My 6 year old daughter inviting all her friends to my Birthday party next week. First we heard of a party!:-)

That is just like something my 6yr old would do, it is a fun age to have them at :)

My eldest is home from a weeks holiday, God, I missed her grouchy head and mouthy gob :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Love the username! :) probably my favourite tv series of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Decided to practice getting used to false eyelashes, so put on the SoSueMe ones my friend got me. TH, I think they actually suit me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

People who use air quotes need to be exterminated

The utter silence of this night... Went to the gate in case the parcel I am expecting had arrived while I was asleep ( crashed early) and captivated by the nearby darkness, then the orange lights across the water reflected on the calm ocean. Makes me peacefully happy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

People who use air quotes need to be exterminated

Wrong thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

TH that I'm on annual leave for a week, a whole week, holy jebus the excitement is mighty! I haven't had a week off since this time last year:D:D:D

Picked the first blackberry early today... In a sheltered place at the back of the house...YAY!

It is sitting in the kitchen by the first egg!

NB these last years the berries have been ripening earlier; more in August than September..

Happy thought; blackberry jam... will take dog out foraging soon. She will be deliriously happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Missing U

Tea and a fruit danish for 4.95 on the train. Yummy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Waking up after you had a nice dream.

Honest, down to earth, modest, gentle, genuine people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I made a cup of tea and managed to drink it while it was hot, not the usual lukewarm temperature it cools to while I avert the latest crisis the kids have conjured up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Honest, down to earth, modest, gentle, genuine people.

They are not so rare thankfully, just hard to recognise sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Bought a product off amazon and it was the wrong version. My fault. Cost about €11

I asked for a refund and instructions where to post it back to them.

No probs says amazon. I can keep it and they gave me a full refund. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

A close friend gave birth to twin daughters this morning. I'm full of mushy feelings and all the love right now.
    I can't wait to meet them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

When I woke up yes to the lashingx3 of rain, it dawned on me how happy the 'off until after the bank hol' dog walker must be knowing she didn't have to be out in that weather all day.

In one of the local free papers there is an ad in the personals, which reads like, (boys name, quite, girls name) its been running a while now and there is no more info, it keeps me th to muse on what it is as I sit on transport, in waiting rooms, with stressed out clients/colleagues.

Started a natural remedy for a sensitive gender-related condition, 3 days in and its working so well!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Crooning of hens.. the most peaceful of music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I've a really stressful event coming up at the weekend but people are doing their best to make it easy for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Graces7 wrote: »

Bawk wawk wawk , bawkk wawk wakkkk

• Advertisement

You mean like this right?...:D

The Boards Ignore List.

The Boards Ignore List.

Amen

rain on the windows

Did not open it. Clearly folk here have not heard the gentle singing of happy hens. Nothing like the loud squawks.... Ah well....

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Bawk wawk wawk , bawkk wawk wakkkk

Nah! :rolleyes:That is the I LAID AN EGG! call.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ahahahaha brilliant :D must check that show out actually.
    The Boards Ignore List.
    Try_harder wrote: »
    Amen

*paranoid*

*paranoid*

:D

No: Experience and a wish to keep smiling.

Did not open it. Clearly folk here have not heard the gentle singing of happy hens. Nothing like the loud squawks.... Ah well....

Don't worry Grace, that was just an attempt at humour! I actually know all about the sounds of hens as my dad had around ten and a rooster for a few years.

• Advertisement

‪I finally got around to trimming my bush!‬

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Try_harder wrote: »
    ‪I finally got around to trimming my bush!‬
    2.jpg

2.jpg

It was too big and wild you couldnt get past it

5 Euro Wex to Dub train ticket- boom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I know what you mean. My hens stretch out their wings in the sunshine and purr with happiness. When I put them in at night they coo like doves. Intelligent little things, food in one end, eggs out the other!

Happy it's Friday \o/

• Advertisement

madmaggie wrote: »

I know what you mean. My hens stretch out their wings in the sunshine and purr with happiness. When I put them in at night they coo like doves. Intelligent little things, food in one end, eggs out the other!

Yep! Great birds... It all happened so fast and I am still smiling ear to ear at the sweet familiarity of it all...Things that are not planned are the best.. Happy hens, happy me.

Don't worry Grace, that was just an attempt at humour! I actually know all about the sounds of hens as my dad had around ten and a rooster for a few years.

lol.. I know. And you are welcome to the rooster! lol... Having also lived with two peacocks who used to scream at each other....

Still in love here with the hens! Just so happy that they are here... And eggs for dinner today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Happy it's Friday \o/

This and it's a long weekend. Can't wait to not get up on Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

After months of meticulous planning, careful detailing, and plenty of sneaking around, today is the day me and my extended family get to go on holiday to the south of France.... and none of the children know anything about it.

We've a big reveal lined up later on, and I really can't wait to see the look on their face when we tell them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Quazzie wrote: »
    After months of meticulous planning, careful detailing, and plenty of sneaking around, today is the day me and my extended family get to go on holiday to the south of France.... and none of the children know anything about it.

We've a big reveal lined up later on, and I really can't wait to see the look on their face when we tell them.

That sounds brilliant! Put a smile on my choppers so it has.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement