Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Quazzie wrote: »
    After months of meticulous planning, careful detailing, and plenty of sneaking around, today is the day me and my extended family get to go on holiday to the south of France.... and none of the children know anything about it.

We've a big reveal lined up later on, and I really can't wait to see the look on their face when we tell them.

(((HUGS)))

Hope they all got up to date passports ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Graces7 wrote:
    And eggs for dinner today!

There's nowt like your own hens eggs. Those yokes, delicious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

And another tea and danish this morning! Yummy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TG1 wrote: »
    This and it's a long weekend. Can't wait to not get up on Monday!

Amen *fist bump*
    Graces7 wrote: »
    lol.. I know. And you are welcome to the rooster! lol... Having also lived with two peacocks who used to scream at each other....

Still in love here with the hens! Just so happy that they are here... And eggs for dinner today!

But you love your cats the most right :3?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Pot of coffee is brewing

Amen *fist bump*

But you love your cats the most right :3?

Hmmmmm Actually love has the greatest equality there is! Love is love....

How about this beauty?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVD0RH1VQZk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I have a friend coming to visit from Ireland for the weekend. All excited to see her :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Saw a beautiful ginger cat on the way in this morning :3.

Was walking home and saw tabby cat on the their window sill,well as soon as they saw me they jumped down and came running over and jumped the wall beside me and were walking up and down the wall, they wouldn't let me pet them though and then they jumped off the wall and started rolling over :3, I had to keep moving but it made me TH :3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I did something absolutely massive and out of my comfort zone and I'm nervous about it but also very excited :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Pot of coffee is brewing
    Milk, two sugars, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Graces7 wrote: »
    Crooning of hens.. the most peaceful of music.

:eek: oh nooo!
    I get a regular yearning for hens but MrM wisely reminds me of all the pragmatic reasons why I shouldn't get them, and now I really want them again !

TH my eyes weren't too bad after the crying as I dug out a tube of betnevate last night. I only have 2 allergies, and both are in my eyes : tears, and some water plankton that lives in rivers or lakes.
    betnevate is brilliant for that.
    Also, I feel stronger today. Thanks for the hugs !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Went to Cork for the day with the OH yesterday, and then decided to stay overnight. TH that I'm able to make spur of the moment decisions like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Cool drinks in the sun with deadly people.

:eek: oh nooo!
    I get a regular yearning for hens but MrM wisely reminds me of all the pragmatic reasons why I shouldn't get them, and now I really want them again !

TH my eyes weren't too bad after the crying as I dug out a tube of betnevate last night. I only have 2 allergies, and both are in my eyes : tears, and some water plankton that lives in rivers or lakes.
    betnevate is brilliant for that.
    Also, I feel stronger today. Thanks for the hugs !

I had so many critters before I came to Ireland and my family put their foot ( or feet!) down .. I smuggled Jacob in a few years back but as I lost my two ferals that evened out... But it was a firm NO to hens....NO NO NO. lol..Thin end of wedge time! So I just put it out of my mind.

But when they heard the situation..... there was no hesitation and my allowed limits were .. adjusted! As a family we are deeply into rescue work.

Hugs are happy ... been a long time since I had a "real " one but there we are..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Many many things making me happy right now!

1) I'm home from work
    2) I have tea
    3) my internet is fixed so I have Netflix again
    4) bake off is on Netflix
    5) I have donuts to eat while watching bake off

And last but definitely not least....

6) I think I'll get to see my niece this weekend, she's 2.5 and the most hilarious little person on the planet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Not sure about making me happy, but this certainly cheers me up and puts a smile on my face ~ pressing the green smilie button exiting Lidl's :D

Seeing an elderly couple stroll arm in arm together. I'm always reminded of it when I listen to Liam Clancy singing 'The Dutchman' (Youtube it, its worth it).

Hearing Rolf Harris sing 'Two Little Boys' (yes I know the jokes, har har).. It reminds me of my mother going around the house singing when I was a child, seems she was always singing.

Finally, forgiveness. I'm only learning the power of it in the last twelve months, and it makes me very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

New drone! :D

Not sure about making me happy, but this certainly cheers me up and puts a smile on my face ~ pressing the green smilie button exiting Lidl's :D

Seeing an elderly couple stroll arm in arm together. I'm always reminded of it when I listen to Liam Clancy singing 'The Dutchman' (Youtube it, its worth it).

Hearing Rolf Harris sing 'Two Little Boys' (yes I know the jokes, har har).. It reminds me of my mother going around the house singing when I was a child, seems she was always singing.

Finally, forgiveness. I'm only learning the power of it in the last twelve months, and it makes me very happy.

Love it and the last para; thank you for a timely reminder..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Ordered Supermacs for delivery!
    Get in my belly! (In 30 mins!)

Can't stop laughing, there's a wrestler from liverpool called Zack Gibson and his finishing move is the "Shankly Gates" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

TH That I've just finished a game of "Expert" Freecell. It's only after taking me most of the day to solve it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Terminator 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A hug. For absolutely no reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Lieing in bed with my window wide open and fresh cool air coming in while watching Victoria Wood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Opening a pizza delivery and steam escapes !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Reading a good book. Such a simple pleasure. It's easy to get caught up on screens but when I take up a good book, I remember just how much I love to read.

SirChenjin wrote: »
    Reading a good book. Such a simple pleasure. It's easy to get caught up on screens but when I take up a good book, I remember just how much I love to read.

Hear, hear. And it's amazing how time flies by when you are engrossed in a good book.

Many sleepless nights beguiled with a book propped on my knees held open with
    a clothes peg and my fingers flying as I knit... Books are hard to come by here..

Happy the dog is asleep..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Finished a really good one myself earlier this evening. Can't wait to get stuck into another tomorrow. So much better than being on your phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The relative quiet before the s*&t storm that is a bank hol in my line of work.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People who are a joy to know, ya can’t beat them.

My mam and her kindness makes me happy.

I tend to spend a good few weekends at home with the parents, much moreso than my siblings so I tend to leave things I like in the house.

l came home this morning and she had been shopping and bought me more shampoo, more cocopops and some sparkling water and cordial.

She's so adorable, I really look back and wonder how we faught like cats and dogs through my teenage years, but now arriving back into the house and seeing both her and my dad safe and happy makes me happy.

People who are a joy to know, ya can’t beat them.

So true!

Happy housework is finished, shower next then walk on the beach.:)

TG1 wrote: »
    My mam and her kindness makes me happy.

She's so adorable, I really look back and wonder how we faught like cats and dogs through my teenage years, but now arriving back into the house and seeing both her and my dad safe and happy makes me happy.

That's so lovely!:)

I saw tabby cat again and as soon I called her she came running over and jumped on the wall and let me pet her once :3 I found out her name is lucky :3

Then I was walking on and I came across ginger kitty, well they were the most friendly cat I met in a long, they let me pet them and they were purring mad and meowing at me and trying to see what I had in my bag :3

All my TH Came at once today :3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Got my hair done this morning and new pyjamas :):)

I popped into the pound shop and there was a granny with her grandson right behind me in the aisle. She was talking really loud on the phone and then I heard her say "She hung up on me???? She's a F*cking Bitch." I turned around shocked that she'd say that and then we both laughed. I gave her a pat on the back and she said "well she is a bitch" :pac:

Had a lovely walk on the beach earlier, bought some strawberries on the way back, just put pavlova in the oven (tomorrow's dessert sorted)

I'm off to the cinema later,( I haven't been in years!!) I'm excited :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Found 3 mushrooms in my field for the 1st time..fried slowly in a little bit of butter..yum..

• Advertisement

4Ad wrote:
    Found 3 mushrooms in my field for the 1st time..fried slowly in a little bit of butter..yum..

Enjoy the trip :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Enjoy the trip :D

I wish !!
    Though there is plenty of them around here in September, I hear....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The ad with the three babies in the slings dancing . Their little smiley faces are just dotey . And the last little one putting her own arms up is too cute

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The ad with the three babies in the slings dancing . Their little smiley faces are just dotey . And the last little one putting her own arms up is too cute

Was only saying today how hilarious it is! I love it!

Family gettogethers.

Not long back from the cinema, went to see Mama Mia Here We Go Again. It was really good, lively, and if you're an ABBA fan you'll enjoy it :) A bit cheesy but I had to stop myself from dancing :D

I like cheese:D

Haven't been in years, should have bought the tickets online, that was embarrasing::o but funny:pac:

Whocanibe wrote: »

Haven't been in years, should have bought the tickets online, that was embarrasing::o but funny:pac:

What happened :pac:?

Video chatting my brother and seeing my niece roll around :3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I've got 3 very happy boys tenting in the garden tonight (one is mine), happy as pigs in $hit, watching a movie and scoffing sweets.

Makes me TH for now, but I'll be worried all night one of them might freak out from a cow coughing or a fox calling or something, so I think I'll be sleeping on the sofa tonight :o:D

How brilliant that we've got that good weather to do that !

What happened :pac:?.

Well there was no booth to buy the tickets, :eek: so we asked one of the staff where do we get them, he said from the machine, so my friend said she would get them while I went for drinks, now this is someone who don't know how to put her phone on silent :D She managed to get them, but got them for the later showing :confused: The staff were very good and said we could go into the one we actually wanted to go to, and brought her in and put her into a seat, I was still getting the drinks, then waited for me and brought me in in case I couldn't find her :o:o I didn't know you could get tickets at the food counter :D We laughed so much, but it was so embarrassing :o

Online for me in future,I have often bought them as presents for children, so I'll stick to what I know :D

I just hope no one we knew saw us :D

• Advertisement

Got a sh!tload done in the garden today, front and back. It's the beginning of the de-clutter/ tidy up in advance of putting our house on the market in a couple of weeks and it feels exciting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement