Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Colser wrote:
    It's hilarious,I often feel I shouldn't really laugh at it but I just love it. The Royle Family is another one that I really laugh at and I loved the Young Offenders.

Oh yeah I always loved The Royle Family aswell. "hey Jim, bag o sh!te" 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Oh yeah I always loved The Royle Family aswell. "hey Jim, bag o sh!te" 😂

When Denise didn't have a clue where the baby was or who was minding him.and the trip to the caravan was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

TG1 wrote: »
    Came across a small bit of bad press for a company I used to work for and my first thought was "phew, not my problem anymore". It's an awful reaction I know but, it genuinely made me happy that that was no longer my stress.
    No it's not a bad reaction, sometimes the only way to keep your sanity is to literally say "it's not my problem anymore". There's only so much one person can do, it doesn't make you a bad person, and you could worry yourself into the ground, a week later some other poor soul will have replaced you.

Colser wrote:
    When Denise didn't have a clue where the baby was or who was minding him.and the trip to the caravan was brilliant.

Bloody brilliant show. Hard to believe she's dead. She was so funny.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The Inbetweeners. Any time I'm stuck for something to watch and see it's on it never fails to make me laugh even though I must've seen every episode a few times now.

That's like me but with friends.

That's like me but with friends.

Friends is great craic aswell. My sandwich!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

The even numbers in my bank accounts/loan figures is such a nice satisfying feeling!

bi10ep.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Friends is great craic aswell. My sandwich!!

"The fifth dentist caved and now they’re ALL recommending Trident?" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The happy look on boy dog's face when he gets a lift into the house, all smug about taking advantage of boss human forgetting to close the door between the house and garage.

The delighted way he runs to his sister to tell her how smart he's been.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

In 10 minutes I'll be getting off this train and after tea, obligatory and fun pooch play it's a relaxing night of tennis/sexually objectifying Roger Federer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Showered and in my robe. Phone on Airplane Mode. Communication done for the day thanking you!

Th Cork is the third friendliest place in the world :D:D no surprise really like :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Had a really busy, productive day at work. Some really good client calls, got some new deals signed, meetings with key teams in my office. GOT SH1T DONE.

Sad state of affairs that this makes me so happy, not so trivially either. How and ever :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Free chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Sitting in a cafe this afternoon, having coffee and chocolate cake, watching the world go by. I always feel good after a trip to Kilkenny city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Th Cork is the third friendliest place in the world :D:D no surprise really like :cool:

What did the Cork dog say to the Kerry dog?

Woof, boy!

To thine own self be true

Roger Federer won. I can go to bed and dream pleasant if 18 rated dreams! Nite all!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Roger Federer won. I can go to bed and dream pleasant if 18 rated dreams! Nite all!

What will you do when he retires? Has to be coming soon.

quickbeam wrote: »

What will you do when he retires? Has to be coming soon.

Cry and look back on the glory days!!!

I think he's got another Grand Slam in him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I can see this so much more clearly now after spending a few weeks in another country.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not very friendly to people from Dublin :) Change that and yiz could be second! :pac:

I had a particularly windy morning this morning, my daughter barges into the room

"Dad, it sounds like there are a gang of ducks having a party in your butthole"

She's bleedin hilarious!

northgirl wrote: »
    I can see this so much more clearly now after spending a few weeks in another country.

It's a lovely place - relatives down West Cork and never had to buy a pint there, incredibly welcoming folk!

quickbeam wrote:
    Has to be coming soon.

Haha very apt.

I think he's got another Grand Slam in him!

Haha I bet you do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Not very friendly to people from Dublin :) Change that and yiz could be second! :pac:

I had a particularly windy morning this morning, my daughter barges into the room

She's bleedin hilarious!
    :D
    Post needs sound :)

The day I stop finding farts funny will be the day I die....

Boom_Bap wrote: »

She's bleedin hilarious!

I love the Dubs, love the accent, had great craic in a taxi once with the driver, his wife was from west cork and he was saying whenever they got together for a family thing he couldn't understand them at all :D and then we were saying we'd be his translators at the next reunion :D :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

TH. Something that arrived in the post this morning.

TH. Something that arrived in the post this morning.

My footy season ticket is due today - that'll be a TH later I hope!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Getting the car insurance quote down, happy out that it's now only €25 more than last year, (and that was quite good too) and the exact same cover to boot.

Happy Days.:)

Whocanibe wrote: »
    Getting the car insurance quote down, happy out that it's now only €25 more than last year, (and that was quite good too) and the exact same cover to boot.

Happy Days.:)

Ba dum tssssh!

• Advertisement

Th its nearly home time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Link arrived in email this pm to pay the booking fee for my 2nd year in Uni!

FB'ed the chemist I use locally about the situation with the GP and my fast depleting 'gotta have' meds, after a short wait they fb'ed me back and happily gave me enough to last till I find new dr. So unexpected!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Was on a day off today (yay), went for a long walk and on the way back went into a charity shop where I got three books in great condition for a fiver.
    Just arrived home when the rain started lashing down.
    Felt so happy to be cosy indoors, listening to the rain, reading and having a cuppa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

going on a date, oh the excitement and nerves :o

going on a date, oh the excitement and nerves :o

Good luck!!!!

Finally found a book I had been a long time looking for. Not only that, but it was on Amazon for £0.15.

Amazon quality used books always make me happy and especially so when it's a particularly sought after book.

Finally found a book I had been a long time looking for. Not only that, but it was on Amazon for £0.15.

Amazon quality used books always make me happy and especially so when it's a particularly sought after book.
    Is the postage then not too expensive ?

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Is the postage then not too expensive ?

No, £2.60 in this case.

I have a daughter in NI who were every week, if the postage to here is too much.

I was willing to pay €20+ for this book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Always worth signing up to https://www.abebooks.co.uk you can set up an alert for books across multiple independent second hand bookshops all over the globe.

I got a cook book printed in 1926 that my mother had spoken longingly of, the look on her face when she unwrapped it made me more than th!

Sorry can't read the last post so have to write something !

No, £2.60 in this case.

I have a daughter in NI who were every week, if the postage to here is too much.

I was willing to pay €20+ for this book.

Ah thats not too bad at all ! Yes , I have a daughter in London and occasionally I send things to her address !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I hate changing the duvet cover. Absolutely hate it. It always takes me way longer than it should and results in me yelling insults at noone in particular.

Washed mine and left it on the bed the last few days thinking I'd get around to it at some stage. Came home from work and the cleaners had been in and did it for me, neatly making the bed and fluffed up my pillows too. Totally TH'd. Might give them a tip this week.

Harrow us on and Ioan Gruffudd has on a vest.

Anyone needs me I'll be drowning in drool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Sorry can't read the last post so have to write something !

Sorry, it was a bit garbled.
    There is a website called Abebooks - https://www.abebooks.co.uk - which has thousands of secondhand book shops in it.
    You can create 'wants' using various criteria- author, title, ISBN etc, and if the book is available in a shop somewhere, you get an email

I've got quite a number of out of print books from it, they tend to be quite cheap as well, postage can be pricy, but I've a Belfast address as well which is useful.

Always lovely to get an email (even years later) for a book that you have been searching for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭4Ad

The look on my nephews face all day after getting his Leaving Cert results..
    He deserved it after all his hard work..and he's a lovely lad..

Speedsie wrote: »
    Sorry, it was a bit garbled.
    There is a website called Abebooks - https://www.abebooks.co.uk - which has thousands of secondhand book shops in it.
    You can create 'wants' using various criteria- author, title, ISBN etc, and if the book is available in a shop somewhere, you get an email

I've got quite a number of out of print books from it, they tend to be quite cheap as well, postage can be pricy, but I've a Belfast address as well which is useful.

Always lovely to get an email (even years later) for a book that you have been searching for!

Oh thank you ! But I didn't mean I couldn't understand the last post but I actually couldn't see it to read it . It happens when on the phone , I often can't see the last post until another posters posts !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Was in a big shop today with a shop assistant guiding me to particular department. There must have been at least 5 doorways (not doors) and each time he stepped aside to let me go first. Simple but lovely chivalry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Oh thank you ! But I didn't mean I couldn't understand the last post but I actually couldn't see it to read it . It happens when on the phone , I often can't see the last post until another posters posts !

I'm the same..it's so annoying,I now have to wait for 2 posts before I can go on to a new page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

One or two cat lovers around these parts? Here's the smallest one:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement