Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Lovely shower this evening- was manky after tidying all day in work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

The same barista served me twice in Starbucks today and spelt my name different both times. Idk why but it made me smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I bought a hot chicken role at Mayfield Junction 14 earlier today. Yer man who served me was the most polite, helpful and endearing chap I've ever come across at a deli. He had probably fired out a hundred rolls already this morning but was still making a serious effort to be genuine and courteous, nothing was any hassle. I'd say one thing if there was a manager looking over his shoulder but nope, this just seemed to be the way he went about his work.

Absolute gentleman making a sincerely cracking effort at a job I'd personally hate to have. Truck on, my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Friend at work made me a Kinder Bueno milkshake tonight before I left, god it was so good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Friend at work made me a Kinder Bueno milkshake tonight before I left, god it was so good :D

He or she is a keeper :)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

sweet fresh breeze and a pillow for my exploding head.. setting aside the words of men... bliss in silence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Watching my friends reaction when Britney walked on stage. She loves and adores her and I'm glad I could help in some way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The prospect of a productive busy day ahead. A long list to do but I'll pick and choose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My kid might actually have a better sense of humor than me.
    Watching Mrs Doubtfire, in the scene where she drops her false teeth into her drink and he trying to recover them...he says “she is trying to get her wine gums”.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I got called a "lovely young lady" by a an elderly lady on the plane on Friday night.

Not one word in that sentence is technically accurate but gave me a bit of a glow.

Oh and my team won Saturday!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

a free wild dry wind out there as the hens sing at my window

Someone said I could be a model :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Someone said I could be a model :D

Your Granny doesn't count, Shpud. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Having a laugh with the lads at lunch, one of them wasn't full after his lunch so I was trying to get to go up the woman who made his sandwich and say "Please mam,can I have some more" :D and when we were getting our sandwiches made another woman came over and said "What are these two troublemakers ordering" :D :pac:

Good neighbours who just need someone to talk to. An easy gift and a pleasure to boot.

• Advertisement

This woman takes tinder trolling to a new level.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/aug/21/tinder-new-york-union-square-mass-date

She arranged to meet hundreds of men for a 'date' at a concert. But she was the DJ and whittled the number down by asking questions etc.

Don't know why, but made me smile.

That the lawn is back to green and lush. Better than it has been for many years; not a weed nor a hint of moss.

New Home wrote: »
    Your Granny doesn't count, Shpud. :D

Very funny Newie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

This woman takes tinder trolling to a new level.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/aug/21/tinder-new-york-union-square-mass-date

She arranged to meet hundreds of men for a 'date' at a concert. But she was the DJ and whittled the number down by asking questions etc.

Don't know why, but made me smile.

It actually made me angry, a really horrible thing to do

I met a guy today I know at work. We met for a coffee for almost 2 hours. I'm getting a bit of a flutter but I'm probably just imagining it.. still nice all the same :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Bowling with friends this evening. I finished with a score of 75

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Joe Duffy sketch this morning on 96fm this morning , Katie Taylor was on and her problem was she couldnt stop saying the rosary 500 times a day :pac: and then Joe said A ring ring a rosary good afternoon :pac: :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm 60% into a great book, perfect for procrastinating. Timing it so I finish it at the right time, so it's a TH, like pacing my way through a box of chocolates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Going for dinner with lots of family members when you haven’t seen them in a while.

Seeing my granny and grandad smile/laugh

When my coffee is just right!

That early morning silence before the house seems to wake up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

A moment of total contentment. I sat on the couch with the cat napping on my lap and he's so soft and warm and soothing.

One of my students just gave me a hug because they have passed repeats.

I didn't think I did anything but apparently I said weeks ago "you'll be grand, you got this!"

Lovely feeling!!!!!!

That early morning silence before the house seems to wake up.

Off to the TA thread because when it's too quiet the dog is up to something!!!!!

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    cat napping on my lap and he's so soft and warm and soothing.

So lucky :3

Happy....I have my software testing assignment more or else done, bar some printing, thank Jesus I did the test log and screen shots last night, took me four hours :eek: otherwise I'd still be at it D: .

• Advertisement

My mum's dog barked down the phone to me in lieu of 'hello'. We may just become friends some day but in the mean time that bark made me happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The fact that my new work laptop is an absolute beast :D

My mum's dog barked down the phone to me in lieu of 'hello'. We may just become friends some day but in the mean time that bark made me happy.

Post of the day. Awesome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Got a ticket for Newcastle v Arsenal at St James' Park!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Looking after the flowers and now looking at them all in full bloom :)

An unreal payday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Well spent Sunday’s.

When the work day flies by.

And yep I second that morning one, love the silence before the day begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I made a little stool out of scrap wood.
    I love sitting on that stool in the garden,with the dog beside me watching the birds in the trees.

Day off tomorrow, can leave early today as were handing up assignments, I'm helping two of the lads get sorted and leaving then around 12:30ish hopefully \o/.

• Advertisement

Scuse me, dust in my eye...!

That's so lovely!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

Some years ago I stupidly ran up a lot of credit card debt. It's been quite the struggle to pay it off but today marked my final repayment.

What a burden lifted!

Neames wrote: »
    Some years ago I stupidly ran up a lot of credit card debt. It's been quite the struggle to pay it off but today marked my final repayment.

What a burden lifted!

Pints on you then!!! Well in!

TH - Had a headache, it's just gone!!

Seeing my photos being used :)

I ordered some new clothes online today. Broke but F**k It!

northgirl wrote: »
    I ordered some new clothes online today. Broke but F**k It!

Hahaha that's the attitude, good woman!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Putting a smile on my wee ones face. Not really trivial I suppose but it's the best feeling.

Wine and chocolate in large doses and at the same sitting. Very happy.

My elderly neighbour tonight. "I haven't time to die, I'm too busy doing crosswords". Just love him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

The evenings are getting chilly. I sat outside this evening wrapped in a cosy blanket, having a mug of tea and reading my book. It was lovely. Autumn is coming :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Seeing my students going to their debs tonight and getting all the hugs!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement