Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

New Home wrote: »
    Plagiarism!! :mad:

It's ok,my post is now a flop!!
    Flip it :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I found Flips in Lidl the other day. This makes me very happy!

Flipz?
    The choc covered pretzels??

This is more than trival happiness if so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Flips are these amazing puff crisps that are made of peanuts. They come from Germany and they are so so good.

Now I want flips, damn you Boom Bap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Flips are these amazing puff crisps that are made of peanuts. They come from Germany and they are so so good.

They don't sound too nice to me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Autosport wrote: »

Well I suppose it depends on whether you like peanuts or not!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Agreed, Autosport. If they are the ones I'm thinking of, you can keep them, BB. Now, Toffefees, on the other hand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I found Flips in Lidl the other day. This makes me very happy!
    northgirl wrote: »
    What are flips?

Puff crisps that are made out of peanuts? sounds like witchcraft to me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I have another big bag waiting for me when I get home :p

Autosport wrote: »

I don't like peanuts all that much, but these are incredible. I imagine that they are a key ingredient in the manufacture of crack.

2944587_Lorenz-Erdnuss-Locken_xxl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

blade1 wrote: »
    It's ok,my post is now a flop!!
    Flip it :)

I got first hit ;)

• Advertisement

I have another big bag waiting for me when I get home :p

I don't like peanuts all that much, but these are incredible. I imagine that they are a key ingredient in the manufacture of crack.

2944587_Lorenz-Erdnuss-Locken_xxl.jpg

So why are you calling them flips? :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Graces7 wrote: »
    So why are you calling them flips? :confused:
    Because they are generically known as Flips, I think Flips was the original brandname.

Because they are generically known as Flips, I think Flips was the original brandname.

so how do I find them? oh forget it! On the verge of ..flipping here!!!!!!!! .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I would say over 50% of my facebook feed involves dogs and other animal videos

I rewatched one today a few times of a dog washing himself and getting a good brush from an automatic car wash roller thingy. Ah you know the large brushes with sensors

I wonder if the owners ever wonder how he comes home wet on sunny days :confused::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A family member had a heart operation last week , in Canada , just spoke to them on the phone and they are doing great , am more than TH tbh :)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mrs S got an email with photos of some of the NICU premature babies wearing the little hats she knits for them. It's nice when people show appreciation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

My Father in Law doesn't live here but he's moving even further away! That's not what's making me happy :) I'm happy and excited for him though. Don't think I could have asked for a better FIL. If my oh and i are having a little disagreement, he always sticks up for me and winds him up :D

...finding a pea vine that had trailed hidden down the side of a pot and produced many pods... raw peas! Yum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Yesterday 83,000 people were waiting to sit their driving tests.
    Today, 82,999 are waiting because my boy passed!
    Proud momma.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Unexpected random acts of kindness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Getting my nails done :)

Actually feeling somewhat human and alive, this afternoon (as opposed to being in a zombie state, which would imply being human but not alive). I don't have mad amounts of energy, but it beats feeling narcoleptic.

The harvest of Tomatoes, Soft Fruits, Apples and Pears is fantastic this year. Potatoes and veg down due to the drought but still sufficient surplus to pass around there too.

Even had someone, today, offer to take the surplus apples, press them and bottle the juice for us.

Full swing with stewing apples for the freezer next week, with jam and chutney making ongoing.

Yet again, I love this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My last day in work today until Monday week & I'm off on a girly weekend away tomorrow with my friends.
    Life is sweet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bumped into someone I knew a million years ago when she was struggling with horrible symptoms of PCOS, most were very visible and her life was made hell by ppl comments on them.
    Now she is past 'A special age' for women, the most obvious symptoms are gone and she looks and feels like a 30-year-old. :)

On that topic, I saw in the distance an ex-colleague I worked a lot with on a project a few years ago, I could see then she was well fed up of me . Today I spot she is pregnant and finally got a look at her partner who doesn't look at all, like my mental picture of him. He was surprisingly local looking for such a jet-setter. Th that she seems to be getting what she wants from life.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Happy that I have good stocks of food etc in; for the first time, my shopping did not come. No idea why and I have emailed them.

But no worries as I have plenty in stock,, even sugar for the jam... and have booked to go over on Monday... for bits etc... thought today was Friday but that is fine too.. may even beetle over to Knock ....

OH and I decided to go to the cinema tonight. Yay! :D

Happy that I have good stocks of food etc in; for the first time, my shopping did not come. No idea why and I have emailed them.

But no worries as I have plenty in stock,, even sugar for the jam... and have booked to go over on Monday... for bits etc... thought today was Friday but that is fine too.. may even beetle over to Knock ....

The plot thickens... emailed the shop and they boxed up the shopping as always but they saw no sign of the bus.... he will deliver it to the ferry himself tomorrow ...
    I called the ferryman who could not understand what had happened ( he suggested drink!) so all being well will get the shopping tomorrow. Worst scenario is that the system collapses but we shall see.. I know they cannot unpack the boxes etc....happy it is in good hands and being sorted by good folk

Late evening sunshine and slack winds. Phlox blossom and late lilies sending a heady perfume through the garden.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Sitting out the back, small fire going, few mackerel fired in on it. Smell of a certain herb wafting over from neighbours garden. Happy but slightly jealous now too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Cracking my toes :pac:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

I’ve only cried about my breakup twice today, woo! Big improvement.

nermal15 wrote: »
    I’ve only cried about my breakup twice today, woo! Big improvement.

(((HUGS)))

the day ahead with all its island intrigue! a blank page....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

the day ahead with all its island intrigue! a blank page....

You're not Jessica Fletcher by any chance? :pac:

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    OH and I decided to go to the cinema tonight. Yay! :D

What ya see? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I'm on a slightly different route now but it means a lot more walking. I'm exhausted but i had a great sleep last night.

Also a pub I pass by has a crazy amount of flowers outside it. It looks like a giant hanging basket with a thatched roof! :)

I thought I hadn't been paid but then it came through at 9am. Relief!!!!!!! :)

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    You're not Jessica Fletcher by any chance? :pac:

OH! Am I discovered!!!!!!!!! ;)

Happy that I have jarred more jam and am getting to grips with bags and bags of rose hips now,,,, happy too that I have only one decent sized pan ( and one small) as else would be gathering washing up in the sink.... ;)

HAPPY

email that the shopping is being delivered on the 11.30 boat..

NB there is no official 11.30 boat; this is sheer kindness!

This island is definitely a keeper!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My sister is picking me up after my course and I'm staying with them tonight and maybe tomorrow night and the Th I'll get to see my nephew :3.

northgirl wrote: »
    What ya see? :)

BlacKkKlansman :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Did it make you TH?

Did it make you TH?

It was very good, funny in parts too. So yeah, I'd say it did :)

Saw it last weekend. Thought it was great too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

My sister is picking me up after my course and I'm staying with them tonight and maybe tomorrow night and the Th I'll get to see my nephew :3.

He's a lucky nephew Seph. I'd say you make him th! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Fridays!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement