Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Leaving at 3pm to get a flight to the footy!!!!

KO not till 3pm tomorrow so there may or may not be a beer in my future!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Leaving at 3pm to get a flight to the footy!!!!

KO not till 3pm tomorrow so there may or may not be a beer in my future!!!!

If you cant beat Huddersfield you will be posting in the TA thread tomorrow.

If you cant beat Huddersfield you will be posting in the TA thread tomorrow.

Guaranteed!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Graces7 wrote: »
    HAPPY

email that the shopping is being delivered on the 11.30 boat..

NB there is no official 11.30 boat; this is sheer kindness!

This island is definitely a keeper!

Aww that's great Grace! I was hoping there was some mix-up and it would make its way to you... I love hearing your stories from Island-life.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Sunday lunchtime I'm coming off the 'all hours shift' I've been on since May bank hol!, finally time and space NOT ruled by the phone/pager!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I ordered a new Samsung Galaxy Watch from DID last night on pre-order before it's 7th September release date, and for some reason there was a mix up and it was delivered today. New gadget 7 days before anyone else gets it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Aww that's great Grace! I was hoping there was some mix-up and it would make its way to you... I love hearing your stories from Island-life.. :)

Thank you. The fact of us being so few gives us a freedom to care, if that makes sense. Things get muddled but you slow down and let it happen.

I made a hot meal and sure enough the van arrived... ;) these men are my neighbours and I wish I could do more for them...

I still do not know why the community bus did not call at the shop, but I am very sure the ones who matter know ;)
    Something else you learn in a setting like this. To let the men sort it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Watching someone run for a bus... and miss it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Off on holiday to the Med tomorrow . Sun and sea and good fresh food ! And places to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

New fascia and soffit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Chewbacca wrote: »
    Watching someone run for a bus... and miss it

Laughed at this, that would make me TH too. And also makes me TH I am not the only one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

A famous person liking my photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching The Happytime Murders in the cinema this evening. It was crude, but very funny

peace. we are all sprawled out happily idle, working at resting.. here in my small, small dwelling on this small, small island... the size magnifies the peace. the world stops at the pier ;) yawn.... nap time... happy day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

He's a lucky nephew Seph. I'd say you make him th! :)

Too kind bones :o

4924097_700b.jpg

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Too kind bones

Haha those pictures are hilarious. That's exactly what cats are like! You don't happen to know how to upload your own pics? If so I'd upload a pic of ours. She's lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Had a health assessment at the gym today. Blood pressure, weight, BMI, bone density, body mass etc. I am astonishingly healthy. Astonishingly because my diet and sleep routines and stress levels have been pure shyte this past year. Totally undeserved.

Grateful for good genes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The most beautiful butterfly landed on me and I don't think I've seen one like it before. Black wings with the bluest of blue like eyes on the ends of its wings.

Haha those pictures are hilarious. That's exactly what cats are like! You don't happen to know how to upload your own pics? If so I'd upload a pic of ours. She's lovely

Here she is!

OlHK1L0.jpg

GgdUKmx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Here she is!

Oh she's so beautiful!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

^^ Oh she's an absolute beauty! That pink nose and those pink pads on her paws, I'm in love!

Here is my beast of a boy :)

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    ^^ Oh she's an absolute beauty! That pink nose and those pink pads on her paws, I'm in love!

Ah he's lovely Cleo. I see he suffers from the same stressed out syndrome as our one! :pac: When cats are realxing they look so comfortable and chilled.

Wait til Seph visits this thread again. He'll think he's died and gone to heaven! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Today has been a great day and now there are pictures of cats on this thread! Happy days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

An unusual happy thing but having drinks with my brother and sister in law! Im laughing because the last time we were properly out, one of their psycho neighbours took an irrational dislike to me and my brother didn't stick up for me at the time :(

So the next day I did what any sibling would do and I told my mam :D When I called her, she must have had me on speaker cause I could hear my dad in the background saying "what, who's annoying her, tell her to tell them to go and **** themselves" :)

My brother and I sorted it out the next day but we were laughing about it tonight! :)

^^^^
    Love your dads advice Lorelli :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Here she is!

OlHK1L0.jpg

GgdUKmx.jpg
    Cleopatra_ wrote: »

Happy happy happy :D:D:3

Excellent :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

^^^^
    Love your dads advice Lorelli :pac:

"Fcuk them" is the main advice he's given me over the years! Best advise Ive ever got :D

Lorelli! wrote: »
    "Fcuk them" is the main advice he's given me over the years! Best advise Ive ever got :D

He sounds like my dad :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Being done work. Tonight was fcuking up the walls :eek:

Flowers! looking at a jug filled with yellow gladioli, marigolds and sweet peas, from my small garden patch here.... when I came, it was all brambles and nettles after years of empty neglect... plans now for next year... more containers as there is so little soil.... taken seeds off the nasturtiums and marigolds

The flowers delight me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Old friends, pleasant company and gratitude.

A warm bed on a chilly day..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My coffee this morning is delicious. :)

Graces7 wrote: »
    A warm bed on a chilly day..

Seriously, end the thread now - nothing beats that!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, but you forgot that + a hot water bottle! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I'm home and I don't plan on moving for a few hours. Sunday chill out. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I have a happy and annoying thing, all in one. I tried out my new sunglasses today, on the bike. They look like normal sunglasses but they have wing mirrors built into the glass/lens. *YAY*

They're good in that they give me the ability to see behind me, but they also allow me to see behind me when I don't want to. It's distracting. I'm sure it's a matter of getting used to them.

Here's a link if you're interested (and it's not me selling them!). I just saw them on Taskmaster on Dave, when Frank Skinner made a present of them to Greg Davies.

https://www.amazon.com/Mirror-Rearview-Behind-Sunglasses-Monitor/dp/B004N4SDFI

Just a lovely and relaxing day :)

1.5 year-old just arrived in the kitchen door wheeling his sister's pink pram and pink baby after his millionth tour around the house and garden and declared 'ar ais arís!', smiled and walked out the patio door to the garden again. hehe.

Last night he pointed to the seat next to him at the kitchen table and said to me 'Mise!' because that's what I said when he last pointed at it a few days beforehand, so I sat down there. Crazy how he soaks everything up so easily. Yesterday evening he kept coming over to me to hand me pieces of fruit and veg from the toy kitchen he is obsessed with and each time I took them off him he'd say 'Maith agat', giggle and get the next one. At teatime I brought him over water and for the first time he did the whole sentence, replete with the vocative case, 'Go raibh maith agat a Dhaid!'. While I'm definitely quietly impressed, the wife pipes up, 'Oh. My. God - He's a genius!' (She has form!). Sometimes she manages to be more entertaining than himself!

• Advertisement

Was in the bar tonight at work. Not too busy, not too quiet. Just right. Finished my last shift there for 5 months or so :)

Had a great weekend with my nephew, sister and BIL, great to spend an entire weekend with the nephew :D, he was smiling up at me and trying to grab my nose while I making funny noises, also any chance he got he was grabbing my hand and trying to eat it :3 he's like a wriggly worm, he's so active for a 5 month old, I was dangling freddy his teddy in front of him,well he nearly leapt out of my arms trying to grab it :eek: :3.

I found a snapchat account called WeSnapDogs that uploads pictures of dogs that people send to them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Snap, Crackle and Pop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Sunny morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

northgirl wrote: »
    Sunny morning

Snap. You beat me to it. That's what I came in to post.

Happy that others appreciate a sunny morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

40599043_10155978767438160_8973020484820008960_n_2c1e62efdb96c1abc052d6d56fe73df89d60bddc.jpg

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I found a snapchat account called WeSnapDogs that uploads pictures of dogs that people send to them :D

I love that account too :D

Cute pups is another one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I got a locker in the locker sale at Uni this am, not as hard as I thought it was going to be. I guess 10 am is a bit early for the full-timers.

Oh, The plans I've made for my locker, the lunches that can be left in the night before, comfy shoes that will live there, the plaster stash that I'll keep in it and best of all, the 50 mins walk will be much more comfortable as I'll not have texts/stationary/water bottles to carry, cause they'll be in my new locker. :D:D:D:D

Ridic to be happy about such a thing but its the only thing getting me through my TA.

Edit, I have called my locker, lockey 22! Not particularly original but funny to me.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

SUSI grant awarded on a Monday morning, boom boom :cool:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement