Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

SUSI grant awarded on a Monday morning, boom boom :cool:

straight into the pub with you so. At least that is what they did in my day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

One of my favourite TV shows, Doctors, is back on BBC 1 after its summer break today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Autosport wrote: »
    I love that account too :D

Cute pups is another one

Have you ever seen this? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote: »
    Have you ever seen this? :)

That's my afternoon sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

branie2 wrote: »
    One of my favourite TV shows, Doctors, is back on BBC 1 after its summer break today.

I love the show too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Rang SUSI and finally found out that I'll be getting the full grant amount while I'm on Erasmus :D

Found more Pets and Puppy Videos on snapchat :) I'm in love :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Could not find the dogs dinner bowl last night. My daughter with Special Needs was upset that I used her plastic Paw Patrol dish to store opened tinned sweetcorn in the fridge.

Went to get said sweetcorn from the fridge for the older daughters school lunch this morning. Paw Patrol Dish was missing and in its place was the dogs dinner bowl complete with sweetcorn & she had even covered it with tin foil. This the child the experts said would never be able to do anything for herself.

If anyone asks if you want sweetcorn with your sambo in my house - Say No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Happy to see so many people walking along the beach today, enjoying the great weather. The sun is still shining, puts a pep in your step. :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Found more Pets and Puppy Videos on snapchat :) I'm in love :D

There's a group on Facebook called Dogspotting which is similar to the Snapchat account I posted about last night. It's so cute :D

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    There's a group on Facebook called Dogspotting which is similar to the Snapchat account I posted about last night. It's so cute :D

Oohh I know what I’ll be doing for the night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Got a load of Clothes dry today! Ridiculously happy about this as I had a few heavy items to dry. Glorious Weather in it... What has my life become!

There's a load of Cats that frequent the front of my House. I must take pictures of them all sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Monday is by far the hardest day in work and it's done!

Also, wasn't Rumours a beautiful album? Bopping away here :)

Great album Auto.

You must have been hearing me play it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Noveight wrote: »

Also, wasn't Rumours a beautiful album? Bopping away here :)

]

One of my favourites and I listen to it regularly.

Isn't it a beautiful morning? The sun is shining, the air is calm and I feel a nice walk is in order.

TH, all is well in our little world.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

One of my favourites and I listen to it regularly.

Isn't it a beautiful morning? The sun is shining, the air is calm and I feel a nice walk is in order.

TH, all is well in our little world.

That's how many horror movies start, Sasha Thoughtless Bayou. :D

My very big TH is having been able to help someone with something that was a very big deal to them but was also something very easy for me to do. Great feeling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Hot Water Bottles :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I had no sleep last night due to watching the tennis and the tiredness combined with the pain meds for my hip is giving me a lovely gozzy feeling!!!!

Three books, I had ordered over a period of a couple of weeks, all arrived in the same post this morning.

Happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lunch time...........starved of the hunger so I am :3.

Got a lovely hug this morning :)

Autosport wrote:
    Got a lovely hug this morning

You deserved it

My father, who's in his 80s, just got brain freeze while eating ice-cream. :D:D:D:D:D

(It's not a TH as such, it's more a TTTMML, or a Trivial Thing That Made Me Laugh)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My cold has departed. I had the sense to rest up for a few days, and it worked.

Reassurance that everything will be fine when I'm away

It seems like I'll never have to visit the shop in the evening anymore as the 3-year-old and her able assistant, her 1-year-old brother, set up a shop in the kitchen two evenings ago. Their enthusiasm is infectious - or rather her enthusiasm and himself just does everything she does and giggles. Fortunately it's also a €1 shop so I'm saving a fortune. Service is great, too. The wrapping of everything from apples to oranges- you wouldn't get it in Brown Thomas at Christmas. Yesterday, herself changed it into a coffee shop and put an apron on her brother and a tea towel over his shoulder. She'd hand him the imaginary coffee and he'd hand it to me with a big satisfied smile on him...

Yesterday, she also told us that her montessori is going to bring her class to... the National Gallery of Ireland. That's going to be hilarious as I tried to give her a history tour of Dublin last summer on the Luas and she was decidedly disinterested coming to life only on Nassau Street where she wanted to jump off and visit the shops! But God bless the idealism of the woman organising that trip - truly admirable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

It seems like I'll never have to visit the shop in the evening anymore as the 3-year-old and her able assistant, her 1-year-old brother, set up a shop in the kitchen two evenings ago. Their enthusiasm is infectious - or rather her enthusiasm and himself just does everything she does and giggles. Fortunately it's also a €1 shop so I'm saving a fortune. Service is great, too. The wrapping of everything from apples to oranges- you wouldn't get it in Brown Thomas at Christmas. Yesterday, herself changed it into a coffee shop and put an apron on her brother and a tea towel over his shoulder. She'd hand him the imaginary coffee and he'd hand it to me with a big satisfied smile on him...

Yesterday, she also told us that her montessori is going to bring her class to... the National Gallery of Ireland. That's going to be hilarious as I tried to give her a history tour of Dublin last summer on the Luas and she was decidedly disinterested coming to life only on Nassau Street where she wanted to jump off and visit the shops! But God bless the idealism of the woman organising that trip - truly admirable!

Be careful with those cunning 3 year olds . My three year old granddaughter set up shop and conned me into paying thirty twelve sixty Yearos for a breadstick !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Be careful with those cunning 3 year olds . My three year old granddaughter set up shop and conned me into paying thirty twelve sixty Yearos for a breadstick !

Exactly - my little niece charged her dad ten pounds for a plastic banana.

"Daddy, I don't set the price - that is how much Panda says it is".

She'll run the country one day!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Came home from work last night. Had dinner and then our 20 month old daughter wanted 'uppy uppy' i.e. "Please take me out of my high chair" Once out she immediately said "Want to sit up with my daddy" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

iamwhoiam wrote: »

:eek:

The cheek of her :3

Leaving for the day \o/

After my TA yesterday, I'm more than TH that all the stress and red tape has been cleared up. :)

Having been shunted around all day yesterday, a lovely lady today, went over and beyond anything I would have expected, it took a long time, but she got it sorted. I appreciated her efforts so much, I went back with a box of chocs for her. I know it's her job, but she took so much time to clear it up. It could have been done yesterday, if people could be bothered to do what they are getting paid for.

"Would you mind collecting X from school tomorrow?"

Would I what? I'm chuffed. Yippee!

Saw tuxedo cat in tall grass peeking their little head out at me when I was walking home :3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Go to your Chrome browser, enter chrome://dino/ hit the spacebar, enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Had a good day, got good news. Feeling great and having a proper laugh out loud conversation with a friend :)

When my aunt was here to visit on Saturday she asked me to give her my bank details, and that she'd give me the odd €50 while I'm away. Already incredibly sweet.

She just sent me a text to say that she's just put €90 in to help me with my travels. That's so so good of her

Today is my Friday!!!!!

Course tomorrow is hospital for big arsed injection but still - no work!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Today is my Friday!!!!!

Course tomorrow is hospital for big arsed injection but still - no work!!!!!

I read that as "big arse injection". Gave me a laugh

I read that as "big arse injection". Gave me a laugh

Well, it's going in my hip so not far away lol!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

TH because last Saturday i was meeting up with a few vaping friends at the „Breisacher Weintage“ next to the river Rhine. ;-)

Testing all the wonderfull wines from the region, having a relaxed open air feeling, good music and deep fried champignons with garlic sauce. Finally a lift home with a neighbour i met. All in all a nice late evening. :-D

Yesterday late afternoon i wanted to pick up my bicycle called the „Old Faithfull“ and found it at it´s „secure“ place with two flats and the valves gone. Not so nice but...

...i found out that i could carry it 1,2km to a friends house on my shoulders, success, ha! Later i phoned him to tell him that i wanted to pick it up today. His comment: „ íll have a look at it.“ This morning i arrived and only had to add a little bit of air as he has already replaced the missing valves but had no pump at his place. :-D

Nice chat with his wife, having a hot coffee and back i was on my little 12km return journey on „Old Faithfull“. All in all it was worth it. :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

The kitty cat just crawled up on my knee for the first time in yonks. She's all cuddled up purring and kneading my clothes covering them in cat hair. Class :)

Not sure if this is TA or TH but I'll err on the side of optimism.

I booked the movies for Saturday night on my own. I've no issue going alone and done it many times before but am feeling a little bit 'loserish' on a Saturday night... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

northgirl wrote: »

I booked the movies for Saturday night on my own. I've no issue going alone and done it many times before but am feeling a little bit 'loserish' on a Saturday night... :o

Getting time on my own would be a massive TH for me.
    Company is grand like but no company as good as my own!

• Advertisement

Th having a laugh with the lads today at lunch and howling with laughter :3.

The kitty cat just crawled up on my knee for the first time in yonks. She's all cuddled up purring and kneading my clothes covering them in cat hair. Class :)

So lucky :3

You ain't no loser let me tell you that :3!

You ain't no loser let me tell you that :3!

Ah - thanks like!! :D

Ah - thanks like!! :D

You're welcome like :pac:

I'm Just happy today...... :)

Going home to do nothing but play with the dog and watch footy.

This is the life!!!!!!

(in 2 hours and 20 minutes after the commute ends like!!!!)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement