Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good food and good company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

KatW4 wrote: »
    Stayed in our new house last night and got breakfast in bed. Happy days!! :)

Thre is no feeling like that , is there? ~Ah yes, I re,member it well.."

Not that I got breakfast in bed\!

But waking to realise THE MOVE IS OVER! I AM HERE! I DID IT!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    For anyone that loves cats , the last scene is beautiful, lol !!

Ye s saw that a while ago. Lovely ....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm listening to the ouverture to "Die Fledermaus" by Strauss. There's a fruit fly on my computer screen, and I SWEAR it's dancing in time with the music. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Waiter, waiter, there's a fly on my screen.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Waiter, waiter, there's a fly on my screen.

"Don't worry, Sir, we don't charge extra".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

It's a great feeling. I'm back at home tonight and missing it already. Moving in officially on Friday and I can't wait!! 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Watching Cold Feet, I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed that programme.

hmmmmmmmmmmm... too many to list. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th having a laugh with the lads again at lunch, one of them is thinking of leaving the course and he says to us "would ye miss me now if I left?" So I said "ya we'd miss the laugh" Oh ye would only miss the laugh is it? and then he pretended to get all offended and crossed his arms and looked away from us pouting :D cue me howling with laughter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Sometimes the Daily Mail comments section is all I need in life.

Was reading an article about some celebrity split, a couple from Made in Chelsea who had released a very respectful statement about their breakup, "we still love and respect each other as friends" blah blah

One of the comments underneath made me laugh out loud:
    I'm always baffled by these statements...if I'd made one when I split from my ex it would say "I've finally got rid of the loser and feel he's a total waste of space and am ecstatic that I never have to look at his weasel fave ever again...thank you so much...." the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭storker

madmaggie wrote: »
    Watching Cold Feet, I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed that programme.

Ah...the crush I had on Helen Baxendale...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭storker

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Meeting up with very old friends! it's like you have your own language :)

The best is when you haven't seen each other for a year or more and everything still just falls into place and you pick up where you left off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Got a dig out for my assessment, got it started today and sourced most of the quotes for it too.
    AND I've figured out how to cure the toothache that has been dogging me for almost two weeks, without gobbling expensive painkillers.

How GOOD life without pain is!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Bredabe wrote: »
    Got a dig out for my assessment, got it started today and sourced most of the quotes for it too.
    AND I've figured out how to cure the toothache that has been dogging me for almost two weeks, without gobbling expensive painkillers.

How GOOD life without pain is!!!!!!

Can I ask how you cured the toothache ?

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Can I ask how you cured the toothache ?

Old fashioned saline rinse. I started gargling the side that had the ache(as much as I could tolerate with the sensitivity) with very lukewarm salted water once an hour for a few days and then three times a day, each time making the water slightly warmer. Then once the sensitivity allowed, one in the am and pm.

*Dentist is a big fan of salt water for dental issues and advises it for lots of gum issues.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Old fashioned saline rinse. I started gargling the side that had the ache(as much as I could tolerate with the sensitivity) with very lukewarm salted water once an hour for a few days and then three times a day, each time making the water slightly warmer. Then once the sensitivity allowed, one in the am and pm.

*Dentist is a big fan of salt water for dental issues and advises it for lots of gum issues.

Thank you . I will remember that for future reference

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Thank you . I will remember that for future reference

You are welcome, no need for anyone to be in pain for the need of a half a spoon of salt and lukewarm water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I've got another little house guest this time a butterfly, for the last couple of days. I don't think I've ever actually held a butterfly - they are darned hard to catch. I thought it was on it's last legs as it was a bit docile when I saw it on my living room floor but later if fluttered around the palace. Unusually it will crawl onto my hand if I put it my hand in front of it and nudge it a little. I have no flowers in the house and was wounding to myself if I should buy some fresh ones as they only seem to eat nectar - then again if anyone found out I bought flowers for a butterfly they might think I've lost the plot altogether. :)

butt1.jpg

butt2.jpg

^^^^A Red Admiral. Put it safely outside to feed.

• Advertisement

:)

Try and put a drop of sugared water near it, it might go for it if it's thirsty/hungry.

EDIT: NVM, Srameen got there first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

New Home wrote: »
    :)

Try and put a drop of sugared water near it, it might go for it if it's thirsty/hungry.

EDIT: NVM, Srameen got there first.

I tried that - didn't work. However since I posted I got it to go back on my hand and put some of the sugary liquid on my skin and it lapped it up with it's elephant trunk like snout. I'll put it out as Srameen suggested - but not tonight as the it's a shockin night out weather wise lol

Amazing, isn't it? :) I love this kind of stuff! :)

My bed makes me happy . And nothing that needs me to get up in the morning . So I can wallow in its comfyness

( having said that I will be awake by 8am . But I don't actually need to be ! )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

We were planning on going out tonight, but neither me, nor my flatmates felt like it. Glad we're all on the same page. So sleepy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I just spent ages reading about Larry, the number 10 cat. It's so funny. Made me laugh so much :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

storker wrote: »
    Ah...the crush I had on Helen Baxendale...

James Nesbitt's voice, and accent.:D

... for a far better night of sleep than was expecting as the gale kindly muted.

... found under the pile of knitting waiting to be sewn up two five packs of Twirl...

My Mum looks after our eight-month-old daughter, and she's always chatting to her, and then answering back for the baby in the thickest, exaggerated midlands accent

Just now

"What are you doing in that playpen?"
    "Yerra I'm having a lie-down girl, layve me be"
    "oh I'll leave you so"
    "Is it me or is it could in here? Turn on the heater, Mary"
    "Oh, lady muck"

This goes on and on all day. it's actually very sweet to listen to.

watching a cat wash himself! so intense and thorough it is. every last furhair has to be clean,, or as someone once said, covered in catspit rather than "clean"

Not feeling good but that is making me smile! Critters are great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Lost my AirPods yesterday, then I found my iPhone headphones in my jeans in the wash- plugged them in today- they still work!!!!

Hope I find my AirPods!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Try_harder wrote: »
    Lost my AirPods yesterday, then I found my iPhone headphones in my jeans in the wash- plugged them in today- they still work!!!!

Hope I find my AirPods!

Just reminded me, I lost my charger for my Aldi screwgun weeks ago, got a Bush sound bar at the weekend and the youngfella says try that adapter there it might charge your drill.

Boom fcukin' Boom!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

madmaggie wrote: »
    James Nesbitt's voice, and accent.:D

Siiiiiighhhh!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

My Mum looks after our eight-month-old daughter, and she's always chatting to her, and then answering back for the baby in the thickest, exaggerated midlands accent

Just now

"What are you doing in that playpen?"
    "Yerra I'm having a lie-down girl, layve me be"
    "oh I'll leave you so"
    "Is it me or is it could in here? Turn on the heater, Mary"
    "Oh, lady muck"

This goes on and on all day. it's actually very sweet to listen to.

You need a podcast - that's brilliant!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just spent ages reading about Larry, the number 10 cat. It's so funny. Made me laugh so much :D

*googles*

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

*googles*

:pac:

FOMO - what a cutie!

Playing Circus Train with a three year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I found out a new trick for youtube; if you type the word repeat into the website address straight after the word youtube it will play the video on a constant loop.
    Also when it asks you to sign in because a video isn't age appropriate or whatever, just do the repeat trick instead and you can watch it anyway :)

That the stove has finally lit! Am out of practice..

An d the sunflower I brought in from the wind beaming across at me..

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/images/thumb/sunflower_145293031_250.jpg?version=3.1.183

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Yeah for the ploughing!
    All the seats on my carriage are reserved- FROM TULLAMORE! Yeah!

Sits down tries not to act smug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

Getting bits done, which I had been putting off. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

There's little more satisfying than a ripping fart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

AllForIt wrote: »
    I've got another little house guest this time a butterfly, for the last couple of days. I don't think I've ever actually held a butterfly - they are darned hard to catch. I thought it was on it's last legs as it was a bit docile when I saw it on my living room floor but later if fluttered around the palace. Unusually it will crawl onto my hand if I put it my hand in front of it and nudge it a little. I have no flowers in the house and was wounding to myself if I should buy some fresh ones as they only seem to eat nectar - then again if anyone found out I bought flowers for a butterfly they might think I've lost the plot altogether. :)
    You live in a palace! Jealous :p:pac:

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    You live in a palace! Jealous :p:pac:

maybe need a thread for interesting typos... :D I make plenty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I found out a new trick for youtube; if you type the word repeat into the website address straight after the word youtube it will play the video on a constant loop.
    Also when it asks you to sign in because a video isn't age appropriate or whatever, just do the repeat trick instead and you can watch it anyway :)

Shhh..don't tell my eleven year going on thirty year old..

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jesus only after clicking into this thread now and it's actually bloody wonderful! I met a fellow boardsie tonight as he asked me to come out to celebrate the birth of his new daughter. Felt very honoured to be the first one asked. She's a gorgeous little bundle too. Also, all the pets on this thread are lovely. I love knowing animals are loved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Having the luxury of a car to get to work this morning. Sorry for all those walking and on bikes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When I was driving to work, there was a massive 'CLANK' noise.
    Either a branch or something hit the car or something fell off the car. Either way, it still got me to work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dogs were jumping up and down to get out this morning. I opened the door and both of them looked out, and turned back for their beds disgusted.

TH, momma raised no fools

Made it through the debris to the shop and back. TH, a secure, draft-free, sound house, radio, TV, Internet, and a room full of unread books on a day like this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement