Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Home and away followed by neighbours

Not so sure we have the same taste in TV programmes :P unless it was about cats :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KatW4 wrote: »
    Not so sure we have the same taste in TV programmes :P unless it was about cats :D

I don't watch either *mutters something under breath* anymore that is ahem :pac:, if it was a program about cats we'd both be engrossed in it :3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I don't watch either *mutters something under breath* anymore that is ahem :pac:, if it was a program about cats we'd both be engrossed in it :3.

Speaking of (kinda), Netflix is releasing a documentary about dogs! :D very TH about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The hues of leaves as the low bright sunshine lights them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I finally got the nerve up to try on the box of trousers I found in the attic, the majority fit, some are the wrong shape now and a handful needs the buttons moved a bit to fit my waist.:cool:

Girldog ran out to daycare today, I had been worried cause she had been reluctant for a while up to now. I guess the meds sorted that out too.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Dug up my sweet potato plant and the roots weren't dead (as I thought they would be), but full of fingerling potatoes! TH that dinner is sorted for tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I’m on a work trip to Oslo and the people of Norway are just utterly lovely. Kind and friendly and so eager to help you. Makes a welcome change from the stressed-out faces glaring at me in London :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Hoorayyy, my electricity is up again.

Was without it for two days except for a 20m lifeline from my friendly neighbour. The guy above my flat had a hidden water damage in his kitchen, the water damaged his lines and caused a massive short which affected my lines as well.

So his brandnew oven is toast and the workers had to open my kitchen wall as well. Now i got a brandnew water pipe as well as fresh e cables. Tomorrow my kitchen furniture will be at the same old place with a fresh wall behind it.

Used these days to get all my sockets and light switches out, washed, rinsed and cleaned them properly. Only one screw per socket the rest was just a nice click it system.

Should have done it years ago but never had the right opportunity. Now ím smiling at every socket and light switch. :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

So his brandnew oven is toast and the workers had to open my kitchen wall as well. Now i got a brandnew water pipe as well as fresh e cables. Tomorrow my kitchen furniture will be at the same old place with a fresh wall behind it.

What a total nightmare.

Why didnt you come over here 'till it was all made better ?

You could have sampled all the joys ( 'working at the coalface', long country walks, roadtrips......well, you know, all the rest :) )

Hope it really is all fixed up tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Broadband is back!!! I've had none since Friday!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Was in the library today for Halloween storytime and the little kids faces listening intently was a TH moment

Just came back from a walk with the 1.5 year-old replete with his dinosaur hat, miotóga and casóg and an hour into it he walked over to a stone slab on the grass, pointed and said 'fúck's that?'. I thought I was hearing things, said 'gabh mo leithscéal' and he said while still pointing, more clearly, 'fúck's that?'.

I left him in the care of my brother yesterday and I bet the little fúcker brought him out, kept pointing at something and saying "fúck's that?" and laughing so that himself would come back and say it!

Some of the older grandchildren arrived with their younger cousins in tow. An unexpected delight, as we ran through the woods and buried each other in leaves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just came back from a walk with the 1.5 year-old replete with his dinosaur hat, miotóga and casóg and an hour into it he walked over to a stone slab on the grass, pointed and said 'fúck's that?'. I thought I was hearing things, said 'gabh mo leithscéal' and he said while still pointing, more clearly, 'fúck's that?'.

I left him in the care of my brother yesterday and I bet the little fúcker brought him out, kept pointing at something and saying "fúck's that?" and laughing so that himself would come back and say it!

That is actually hilarious :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

That is actually hilarious :D.

It was probably a poppy

:D

• Advertisement

0lddog wrote: »
    What a total nightmare.

Why didnt you come over here 'till it was all made better ?

You could have sampled all the joys ( 'working at the coalface', long country walks, roadtrips......well, you know, all the rest :) )

Hope it really is all fixed up tomorrow.

Next time i will do that. Next airport is Bale, Switzerland. Direct flight to Dublin and back would be around 140€. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Next time i will do that. Next airport is Bale, Switzerland. Direct flight to Dublin and back would be around 140€. :D

140€ :confused:

Ryanair (excl optional extras :pac: )

7/11/18 Basel - Dublin SFR 11.00
    14/11/18 Dublin - Basel SFR 11.00

Why wait for the next time that your neighbour wrecks your apartment ;) ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,913 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Occasionally, people at work take the p*ss meaning I have to work unnecessarily late. However, one girl who did last week got me some mini Stroopwafels today. Turns out I like Stroopwafels.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My fav man always puts a smile on my face :D

0lddog wrote: »
    140€ :confused:

Ryanair (excl optional extras )

7/11/18 Basel - Dublin SFR 11.00
    14/11/18 Dublin - Basel SFR 11.00

Why wait for the next time that your neighbour wrecks your apartment ;) ?

Wasn‘t that 110€? Plus 30 for priority boarding as i want a seat at the aisle. Of course it would be RA. :p

Then with bus to Skerries and to the only left B&B as the other one is up for sale. So the plan is already there...:D

• Advertisement

Little over two weeks till the bf comes to visit :D been about 2 months since I've seen him so I'm very excited :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

'I am not, of course, telling you for one second that your teacher actually is a witch.

All I am saying is that she might be one.

It is most unlikely. But - here comes the big "but" - not impossible.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Heated car seats on a cold morning. It makes my back TH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I got my Busted tickets!!!!!!! I've never been so happy!!!!!!! <3

Had a visit from a very friendly witch, a dragon and a vampire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Just booked the flights for my trip next year, I'm so happy!!!!!!

Booked cheap flights in Santander for late January!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Nieces & nephew visit on trick or treat 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Try_harder wrote: »

Love that city! :D

Got lovely little kiddies calling trick or treating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Had a toothache since Friday.
    Got it pulled this afternoon.
    Anesthetic is wearing off now.
    TH ache is gone and hoping healing goes smoothly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A smile on my black heart, given how things have been the past few weeks.

Chatting at the bus stop today, me, an Irish speaking pensioner, a traveller and a lady who lives in DP! just giving out an laughing about how random the busses are here.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Had a visit from a very friendly witch, a dragon and a vampire.

Persepoly....graces...and Cleo?!?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I think Poly is the vampire with her metal fangs.

TH we all have the same quirky sense of humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TH I had to bind handbooks today (again) and I hate doing it, but when I got home to do it, my MIL was there, so we nattered away while I was doing it, and it really took all the pain out of it.
    Delighted !

My wonderful talented niece is 17 today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Try_harder wrote: »

The smallest quirkiest airport you’ll ever see. It’s a cool approach as you fly over water just before landing

There are Tesco stores bigger than the terminal. You can get from the steps of the place to the car park in under 10 minutes, maybe 5! Enjoy. Visit the cliffs while there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

That was a great sleep. Everything is gonna be that much easier today.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The smallest quirkiest airport youl ever see. its a cool approach as you fly over water just before landing

There are Tesco stores bigger than the terminal. You can get from the steps of the place to the car park in under 10 minutes, maybe 5! Enjoy. Visit the cliffs while there

Great thanks!

Hello November! My niece, brother and Godmother have their birthday this month

• Advertisement

Why did you do that, do that, do that, do that, do that to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The smallest quirkiest airport you’ll ever see. It’s a cool approach as you fly over water just before landing

Don't know how they compare but when I saw your post I thought you were on about the Aran Island airport.

We were held up in traffic heading there two years ago and I rang them to ask could we book seats on the next flight.
    "Where are ye now?" I was asked,
    "I'd say about 7 or 8 miles away" I said.
    The reply was, "Ah shur that's not too bad, we'll wait for ye".

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

UNEXPECTED MONAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

My commission plan at work changed a few months ago and being an idiot I didn't read it at the time. Got a payout of a few grand yesterday, which made logging into my online banking a real thrill of an experience this morning :):):)

UNEXPECTED MONAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

My commission plan at work changed a few months ago and being an idiot I didn't read it at the time. Got a payout of a few grand yesterday, which made logging into my online banking a real thrill of an experience this morning :):):)

Brilliant! Pints are on you so :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The smallest quirkiest airport you’ll ever see.
    About ten years ago myself and my sister were flying out of Galway airport to London. It was our first time there. We decided to go through security and kill time looking in the shops. So we go through the rigmaroll of taking off shoes, belts, getting our bags scanned etc and then went through..............to basically a shed which was the waiting area lol. It was literally a concrete bunker with benches :pac: We thought that as Galway is bigger than Knock it would be a proper airport :o So back we went to wait in the cafe until closer to our flight time.

Unfortunately that airport has shut down. It was really handy but the airport fees were astronomical. The airline (I forget which one) was going a special offer of flights to London for 20c each way, which of course I snapped up but the taxes were an extra €75 :eek:

Got my virgin bb and tv installed in my living room! Faster bb in my bedroom!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Halloween is over . Phew !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Went to see Bohemian Rhapsody last night and what a film :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got loads done today that I'd been putting off. Busy bee.

Getting a compliment from someone you think is better looking than you. My flatmate last night said I was the best dressed of all of us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Seeing stars after meeting a guy I'm starting to fall for. All warm and fuzzy but terrified too. More TH than TA though :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement