Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Pay v Sim Only Plans

Options
  • 25-03-2018 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Well,

I have 2 x Mobiles, Landline & Broadband currently with Eir and I am happy with the service.

But I am looking to cut costs.

One of the Mobiles is due a upgrade on March 30th & the other in September this year.

The current contract is €45 per month per phone.

Also, I am happy with my current phone as a device.

Should/Can I change from my Bill Pay to Sim Only plan, which is €15 per month (for the first 6 months), I don’t understand why they increase it after 6 months as it is a month to month contract.

I presume if after the 6 months at €15, I decide to leave and move to, for example Tesco Mobile for a month, the revert back to Eir for Sim Only, I can then re-avail of the 6 month offer at €15?

Also, in the off chance that after the 6 month at €15 offer ends, I presume that I can just revert into restarting the Bill Pay option in order to get a new phone or whatever etc... and then restart that whole process again with the other mobile due for upgrade in September.

I currently have Unlimited Calls & Texts & 15G Data.

What other penny saving options are out there with Eir that I can avail of?

Apologies for the long message.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Sofa King wrote: »
    Well,

I have 2 x Mobiles, Landline & Broadband currently with Eir and I am happy with the service.

But I am looking to cut costs.

One of the Mobiles is due a upgrade on March 30th & the other in September this year.

The current contract is €45 per month per phone.

Also, I am happy with my current phone as a device.

Should/Can I change from my Bill Pay to Sim Only plan, which is €15 per month (for the first 6 months), I don’t understand why they increase it after 6 months as it is a month to month contract.

I presume if after the 6 months at €15, I decide to leave and move to, for example Tesco Mobile for a month, the revert back to Eir for Sim Only, I can then re-avail of the 6 month offer at €15?

Also, in the off chance that after the 6 month at €15 offer ends, I presume that I can just revert into restarting the Bill Pay option in order to get a new phone or whatever etc... and then restart that whole process again with the other mobile due for upgrade in September.

I currently have Unlimited Calls & Texts & 15G Data.

What other penny saving options are out there with Eir that I can avail of?

Apologies for the long message.
    Hi Sofa King,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

It is possible to avail of the sim only promotion for 6 months and then you are still free to go for any other option you desire.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to get back in contact.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement