Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for wall mounted speakers (or ceiling ones?)

Options
  • 25-03-2018 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭

I am planning renovation work in an apartment and thinking it might be a good chance to install wall mounted speakers. Would anyone have recommendations? And are there models which are specifically designed to be on a wall (ie to perform well and look good in this kind of setup).

Also I really don't know anything about speakers which are built into the ceiling, but is there anything to be said for these as I think there is an opportunity to to that if it is a good solution? (the living room has some kind of wooden/plaster secondary ceiling for light fittings which I assume could accommodate speakers)

Primary use is for listening to music, and they will also be used to watch movies/TV (but I don't need a 5.1 system and I am happy with just a pair of stereo speakers to minimise clutter and concentrate budget on audio performance).

I was looking at the Q-Accoustics 3020 but it's just a starting point and budget can be increased.

Advertisement