Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXV - Fr Ted

Options

Comments

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Me thinking lord is a bandwagoning wolf, doesnt let you off the hook "Gertrude".

I dont get the LOLs. Why do it?

Look at the posts immediately afterwards. It was funny.

You could have easily completed a task as duff a pointed out before spelling out the possible tasks.

I'll do an ffa
    #ffa1
    Lord TSC, just got a feeling from his opening posts. I've spelled it out. I replied hmmm to anything that felt wolfie at the start so I wouldn't lose it

Bj, you're the most likely candidate to have complained a task tbh

Strawbz, least likely but no one else on my radar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

quickbeam wrote: »
    We've had this discussion in a previous game. I thought it was wolfy tactics of those suggesting no-lynch at the time, but was proved wrong in that it was a villager who genuinely thought it the best strategy. So, unlike last time, I'm not gonna accuse anyone of supporting no-lynch to be a wolf. But I will suggest, just once (ie, I'm not gonna get in to an argument over it) that a lynch is better as we've a chance of hitting a wolf. Yes, statistically speaking it's more likely we'll hit a villager. But if we wait until statistics are on our side then we'll be down to equal number of villagers and wolves before we go for a lynch and that's not gonna help the village.

I've a vote in for mayor that I won't be changing.

I've a placeholder vote in for lynch but really it's a guess at this stage and am still open for changing that. But I will be voting for someone.

End of discussion on lynch/no-lynch from me.

vote Valeyard

Come on QB.

I added in my tree planting policy for you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Suggest you read back too. I didn't leave myself out of the list. I included myself as having mentioned Elvis I only missed out on myself mentioning King.

Seriously, if there was a task here what exactly was it, and what set of circumstances could have led to several people (Vale, Strawberry, BJ and me) all mentioning king or Elvis together?

I've read them, I don't actually think you were doing a task, I think you were teeing someone else up for a task which is why I find the omission of your contribution to the start of the King/Elvis thing to be problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

What exactly did I shoe horn specificly.

In each post I reply to a different poster and its all within context.

The post above this one shoehorned names in without any merit, quoted below.
    Yeah thats how I imagine it.

I was thinking of potential tasks from a mod pov, as in if I was a mod what taskes would I impliment as a Ted fan

1. First posters to 11 posts after munch or lynch (11 as in the raffle)

2. Giving up posting, a sin giving something up for lent.

3. Be the first to post a list as in Noel Furlongs enemy list.

4. Pose under another Identity like Todd Unctious

5. Be constantly sarcastic like Father Jessop

6. Take ****e like Father Purcell.

Now Im just spitballing here so Im sorry If Im wrong PJ, but PartyJungle posted under Gerty earlier. What if Party Jungle is Todd Unctious, and his task is to post under another Identity

Also a couple I missed while searching on phone.
    I dont bother with Gifs on mobile, too complicated.

I prefer letting others do teh work.

Jack girls gif..... someone will post it shortly for my pleasure
    Im so so so so sorry,

Insert Jack gif

Between my earlier post and this one you've mentioned Ted characters 13 times, with unique characters, all since 10 o'clock. Could be a coincidence but with this game, I tend not to believe in coincidence.

Prior to 10am today you had mentioned two characters yesterday afternoon.
    I never noticed no Ted and co. Thats mad altogether. Did Father Cagney send them to the US after all?
    Im voting for the funniest poster to be Mayor. Make me laugh with Ted quotes in appropriate situations to win my vote.

Or ill just vote for myself, because Im great

I find it sussy, maybe you don't post gifs usually but saying insert characters name here gif feels like you shoehorning a character name in to me.

I've read them, I don't actually think you were doing a task, I think you were teeing someone else up for a task which is why I find the omission of your contribution to the start of the King/Elvis thing to be problematic.

Ya if QB is a wolf then one of the other Elvi are too

• Advertisement

Vote Valeyard for Mayor.

For peace and security!!!!!

I will rule you like a King.

Heres what ill bring to the role

1)gifs
    2) random accusations
    3)taking the piss out of Necro and try make his mod job difficult
    4) i will not be reasonable
    5) free silly string
    6) will not use gun without group consensus
    7) Lord TSC will be placed in the stock and vegetables thrown at him to help improve moral
    8) ill encourage environmental policies and plant more trees.
    9) ill never do another election campaign again in this game
    10) i will create a fact finding committee to ascertain the hairy hand problem
    11) not a wolf cause this style of posting is far too noticeable and lynchable
    12) im not too fond of cake jumper

Vote Valeyard

vote early, vote often

**Sponsored by The Valeyard Association**

To be fair I copied QB without even realising she had said what she did.

Yeah, I realised that, so if the QB thing is true then we're talking Vale, Strawbs, or BJ as a team mate.

Necro

200w.gif

Yeah, I realised that, so if the QB thing is true then we're talking Vale, Strawbs, or BJ as a team mate.

If I were to think about it, I'd put Vale on the opposite team to QB tho and so have to pick from Strawbs and BJ for her partner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

duffman13 wrote: »
    The post above this one shoehorned names in without any merit, quoted below.

I havent posted a gif all game. On mobile all day
    Between my earlier post and this one you've mentioned Ted characters 13 times, with unique characters, all since 10 o'clock. Could be a coincidence but with this game, I tend not to believe in coincidence.

Prior to 10am today you had mentioned two characters yesterday afternoon.

I find it sussy, maybe you don't post gifs usually but saying insert characters name here gif feels like you shoehorning a character name in to me.

Also a couple I missed while searching on phone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Thanks for that last gif Vale - on a packed Luas and that pops up on my screen!!

Are we going with the no lynch tonight or are we lynching a player?

In respect of the Mayor vote - do we find this out at the same time as the lynch results?

O ya sorry I knew you copped it I just wanted to say Elvi :cool:

I havent posted a gif all game. Been on mobile, too awkward

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

How could I have been teeing up somebody? I wasn't the first to mention king (that'd be Vale) or Elvis (that'd be Strawberry). Nor was I the last. It was banter. Seriously.

How could I have been teeing up somebody? I wasn't the first to mention king (that'd be Vale) or Elvis (that'd be Strawberry). Nor was I the last. It was banter. Seriously.

Maybe, but it's not like we're rolling in info here! someone has to get nominated!

You’re sending yourself off in the completely wrong direction if you think I’m part of an Elvis task. I only wrote what I did because someone else wrote what they did. Then loads of people followed on, Life of Brian stylee.

Tasks have become the biggest headwreck of the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

But your suspicion is we are working together or something so either we both are or aren't based off that assumption.

And you think QB is too so team of 3 is it?

I dont like your reasoning and I'd be putting you up for a potential peek later

Right, just to outline (I'm at a proper keyboard now, so can respond).

You and PJ both posted very similar posts at about 9:10 this morning. Both of you called out two people you were suspicious of in very similar style posts; short and succinct.

My thoughts at the time was that I don't believe in coincidences. That two people would post extremely similar posts so quick together made me suspicious.

PJ then, minutes later, posts that he believed you should get the gun tonight. Running the theory through...

Two wolf teams could have been given the same task at 9AM; "accuse two people in one post, first to do it wins the kill".
    Two of you, one from each team, quickly post.
    PJ, if this was true, would have realized you were a wolf at that point from the other team, and posted a friendly message indicating his trust of you.

QB gets thrown into the equation because as you yourself pointed out, they were very quick to fully accept the theory, and there's a possibility that's because she was thrilled to see the chance to watch the village go down the wrong path.

So I don't think the three of you are on the same team; I think there's a possibility that at least one of you are a wolf, possibly two. Or, hey, none of you and I'm just going nuts.

When it came time to FFA, I put three names. I didn't want all three to be wrapped round one theory, so I decided to pick one of the three of you to represent that theory. I went with PJ because his initial accusations were hilariously fluffy (and its still funny he's trying to push them as solid now again, despite ignoring my explainations/refutal this afternoon; that's a wolfy tactic. Say something has been proven over and over, try and make people believe him), and the whole Alt account thing COULD have been a mistake....but he admitted he did it on purpose too.

I then dedicated the other two slots to two other theories; Vale and his spaming of his message (Hiding in plain sight?) and Beaker and his spaming of character names (and I'm leaning towards registering my vote for Beaker as part of this). I also think Beaker's reactions have been telling too, this evening, trying to pocket Vale and intergrate himself into that relationship.

Final point; I don't believe in the "No Lynch" option. Sure, the chance of lynching a wolf is low...but the chance of lynching one with the "no lynch" option is zero, and I'd rather actually do something than cower around. At least a kill gives us information to use tomorrow as well, actually. "No lynch" just gives the wolves a lovely hiding place tonight. I'd rather lose an NRV (even if it's myself) and have data the village can use afterwards than have diddly squat for tomorrow to discuss....

Maybe, but it's not like we're rolling in info here! someone has to get nominated!

Nominations are fine. It's lynches I'm worried about.

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    Thanks for that last gif Vale - on a packed Luas and that pops up on my screen!!

Are we going with the no lynch tonight or are we lynching a player?

In respect of the Mayor vote - do we find this out at the same time as the lynch results?

Vote Valeyard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Beware of those bandwagoning on me and Vale.

Just wondering why you are including Vale in this?

Been flat out folks and my ass is sore as I am still in work at 18.48 :(
    I have read through all, need to make decisions. My

#FFA would look like this

BJ - Taskarooni. As was pointed out, it looks way suss.
    Vale - I said earlier I thought to watch the noisy ones. And I think he is a wolf
    QB - The other team and a task. And protests too much

I am not really up for a no lynch. I think we just need to get going. I don't see the benefit to wasting a night. I will be voting to lynch someone anyway. soz

I had so much more to say, can't think, head melted atm. Will check back later.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Think some people almost don't want to be helpful in these games as it might be a double bluff but still

The_Valeyard 125
    Bounty Hunter 65
    Kolido 62
    quickbeam 57
    MicksJaguar 55
    Uriel. 53
    tritium 49
    Strawberry Milkshake 49
    Pawwed Rig 38
    Triceratops Ballet 37
    partyjungle 33
    Lord TSC 33
    Arabtinian 33
    grumpylumpy 24
    MrsFlushdraw 20
    Drumpot 18
    MrKingsley 17
    kitten_k 16
    duffman13 15
    Necrominus 15
    Pter 14
    Barney92 9
    Mollyb60 9
    Stu Redman 8
    ardinn 6
    sullivlo 5
    Loughc 3
    Gertrude WW 2

I'm not sure how much some of the top posters are actually contributing when you consider how the majority of the top posters posts have probably been the same thing giving no opinion bar that they should be Mayor but usually we would be in the midst of a kill the low level posters cos they are just skirting by discussion.

I honestly would not be surprised if one of the top posters is a hairy wolf but does anyone recall any of the low level posters doing anything at all that stood out in this game so far?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Right, just to outline (I'm at a proper keyboard now, so can respond).

You and PJ both posted very similar posts at about 9:10 this morning. Both of you called out two people you were suspicious of in very similar style posts; short and succinct.

My thoughts at the time was that I don't believe in coincidences. That two people would post extremely similar posts so quick together made me suspicious.

PJ then, minutes later, posts that he believed you should get the gun tonight. Running the theory through...

Two wolf teams could have been given the same task at 9AM; "accuse two people in one post, first to do it wins the kill".
    Two of you, one from each team, quickly post.
    PJ, if this was true, would have realized you were a wolf at that point from the other team, and posted a friendly message indicating his trust of you.

QB gets thrown into the equation because as you yourself pointed out, they were very quick to fully accept the theory, and there's a possibility that's because she was thrilled to see the chance to watch the village go down the wrong path.

So I don't think the three of you are on the same team; I think there's a possibility that at least one of you are a wolf, possibly two. Or, hey, none of you and I'm just going nuts.

When it came time to FFA, I put three names. I didn't want all three to be wrapped round one theory, so I decided to pick one of the three of you to represent that theory. I went with PJ because his initial accusations were hilariously fluffy (and its still funny he's trying to push them as solid now again, despite ignoring my explainations/refutal this afternoon; that's a wolfy tactic. Say something has been proven over and over, try and make people believe him), and the whole Alt account thing COULD have been a mistake....but he admitted he did it on purpose too.

I then dedicated the other two slots to two other theories; Vale and his spaming of his message (Hiding in plain sight?) and Beaker and his spaming of character names (and I'm leaning towards registering my vote for Beaker as part of this). I also think Beaker's reactions have been telling too, this evening, trying to pocket Vale and intergrate himself into that relationship.

Please, how did pocket Vale you lunatic haha. Rattled that i spotted your bandwagon

Tasks have become the biggest headwreck of the game.

I think that's the point

Just wondering why you are including Vale in this?

Been flat out folks and my ass is sore as I am still in work at 18.48 :(
    I have read through all, need to make decisions. My

#FFA would look like this

BJ - Taskarooni. As was pointed out, it looks way suss.
    Vale - I said earlier I thought to watch the noisy ones. And I think he is a wolf
    QB - The other team and a task. And protests too much

I am not really up for a no lynch. I think we just need to get going. I don't see the benefit to wasting a night. I will be voting to lynch someone anyway. soz

I had so much more to say, can't think, head melted atm. Will check back later.

Iys not a task its called getting involved. Real task still out there folks

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Final point; I don't believe in the "No Lynch" option. Sure, the chance of lynching a wolf is low...but the chance of lynching one with the "no lynch" option is zero, and I'd rather actually do something than cower around. At least a kill gives us information to use tomorrow as well, actually. "No lynch" just gives the wolves a lovely hiding place tonight. I'd rather lose an NRV (even if it's myself) and have data the village can use afterwards than have diddly squat for tomorrow to discuss....

Oh gods, you're gonna twist it around to make me look bad when I say this but .... completely agree with this, and better explained than I tried to above.

Not pocketing, honest, just agreeing.

Naming Priests in a game full of priests is not a task.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Can someone explain what pocketing is please?

• Advertisement

Oh gods, you're gonna twist it around to make me look bad when I say this but .... completely agree with this, and better explained than I tried to above.

Not pocketing, honest, just agreeing.

For the record, while I suspect you, I wouldn't flip fully on you till I saw what way Mick/PJ landed....

But I will be keeping note of your agreement with me :p

Advertisement