Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXV - Fr Ted

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

quickbeam wrote: »
    I've collated votes from 15 players. No decision made about when to publish the list, but can do so if we think it suitable. I think between the no-lynches and the other votes the top three aren't going to be the only ones voted for anyway so not much point in FFA if we're not going to run the top three?

Btw there is a point too

FFAs gave us a point of consistency tomorrow after the possible conversion. As a village, we should be getting people to share thoughts so if they flip tomorrow, there's a proof of change of beliefs.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Getting people voting gives us stuff like his Mick

If I do get hug, PJ and BJ will be spending most of tomorrow having to defend their positions.

People who don't vote can shrug shoulders and get away with doing nothing.

In my mind its a numbers game keep as many villlagers as possible not saying we shouldnt attack/defend peoples post but our strength is in numbers.

Ive rabbited on about it enough at this stage so I'll leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Vale I have way more than 6 posts - ye bollix!

Now, I had voted vale - But he is clearly tasking. Being so obvious this early is either completely stupid or he needs to do it. And this isnt his first rodeo so as much as I'd like to lynch him to shut him up, I dont think we can just yet.

Beakerjoe maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

As Trit (I think) said the more I see that Vale campaign post the more wolfy it seems.

I also just realised that I don't read it every time, so repeating the same thing over and over, and slightly changing it would be a way to slip in a task, with out people paying much attention.

Less likely but also possible it could be a fire draw to protect another wolf, who can slip the task in while Vale spams up a storm

That's a pretty good point, I've started to skim them at times. I realise that's my fault but the design of them is a factor in that. So Vale could be hiding something in them. In the ones I have read though, all I've seen is humorous campaign propaganda.

FFA #1 (REVISED)

BJ
    tsc
    ?!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Kolido wrote: »
    Cant believe no one is considering a no lynch.

TBH it is a bit too boring for me. I would rather gamble than play it safe. Playing the odds we wouldn't lynch anyone until Friday. Can't be having the game entering a second week.

That is why I was always crap at chess. No patience so it was always a war of attrition:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

ardinn wrote: »

Now, I had voted vale - But he is clearly tasking. Being so obvious this early is either completely stupid or he needs to do it. And this isnt his first rodeo so as much as I'd like to lynch him to shut him up, I dont think we can just yet.

Beakerjoe maybe!

You're up to nine now.....still quite low :eek:

Anyhow, vote me for Mayor, and ill quieten down abit

season-6-the-simpsons-6x5-l2JdYwNoceSGPJ9bG

Barney92 wrote: »
    That's a pretty good point, I've started to skim them at times. I realise that's my fault but the design of them is a factor in that. So Vale could be hiding something in them. In the ones I have read though, all I've seen is humorous campaign propaganda.

As I have said above vale knows the game too well to be this stupid!! He is clearly tasking, but may be good tasking! He is worth keeping past 6pm tomorrow to see if he is still at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Beakerjoe maybe!

Why cant you lynch Vale just yet

Barney92 wrote: »

1Zn2kh9dFenhvzNAdElp2JfoIb4=.gif

PROPAGANDA!!! How dare you, I speak from the heart to save the village from the hairy hand menace!!!! That and more mass

Vote Valeyard

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why cant you lynch Vale just yet

Not I - WE

Because he is so blatantly tasking and he isnt stupid enough to be this bad at it so early on! we can see later what happens to his post style!

Please note I had voted for him - I just changed it tho - it's terribly annoying - Im off for dance lessons (really) back atfer 10.30

As I have said above vale knows the game too well to be this stupid!! He is clearly tasking, but may be good tasking! He is worth keeping past 6pm tomorrow to see if he is still at it!

No offence , but at least im taking part. Maybe your just a wolf hiding in low poster ville too afraid to do a task.

1Zn2kh9dFenhvzNAdElp2JfoIb4=.gif

PROPAGANDA!!! How dare you, I speak from the heart to save the village from the hairy hand menace!!!! That and more mass

Vote Valeyard

This is what is going to happen if you become Mayor I reckon.

tumblr_inline_nx98r5FmPi1rckdww_400.gif

beakerjoe wrote: »
    No offence , but at least im taking part. Maybe your just a wolf hiding in low poster ville too afraid to do a task.

If you look at my game history, I dont get up till bout four (work nights) Spend most of the day catching up before posting. Leading to low post counts.

Please note I had voted for him - I just changed it tho - it's terribly annoying - Im off for dance lessons (really) back atfer 10.30

Are you trying to imply that I wasn't really dancing?

fullscreen

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

POLL CLOSES AT 20.59PM

giphy.gif

Right, I've got a suspicion about Drumpot. The below may seem innocent enough suggestions, but I've a feeling it may be a wolf suggesting something that would never catch on so they could say they were offering ideas to catch wolves. I also realise they may be in jest.
    Drumpot wrote: »
    Maybe if we asked all villagers to stop posting we would only be left with wolves trying to do tasks?
    Drumpot wrote: »
    This is actually a cunning way to try and and spot tasks. Everybody post as boring as possible and the tasks will stick out like a sore thumb!

HQcGYvFYtW5e.gif

If you look at my game history, I dont get up till bout four (work nights) Spend most of the day catching up before posting. Leading to low post counts.

Well i dont look at previous history, too meta.

Id rather you just actually read the thread before doing a poor ffa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

FFA #1 (REVISED)

BJ
    tsc
    ?!?

Explain

Necrominus wrote: »
    POLL CLOSES AT 20.59PM

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

FFA #1 (REVISED)

BJ
    tsc
    ?!?

Btw bj, THIS is a bandwagon :P

Btw bj, THIS is a bandwagon :P

Ive noticed, see above.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Vale if you're voted mayor what flavour pringles will bring to the party?

Uriel. wrote: »
    Vale if you're voted mayor what flavour pringles will bring to the party?

All flavours. Im good that way, freedom of pringle choice!!

giphy.gif

Did it purely for the lulz. And lul you did. I even considered getting caught out and lynched for it. We always see some dopes posting with their real account... But what kind of dope would accidently (on purpose) post with their anon account. Worth it :pac:

Apologies for derailing

Making 2 posts with an anon account doesn't sit right with me. PJ's above explanation came when others called him out on it.

That said, if it was a wolf task, I'm sure PJ would know that it would be like suicide to complete such a task in the thread.

Still, add that onto PJ's drive-by hmming of various posters yesterday for hollow/no reasoning and it stands out for me.

There can be a fine line between wanting to stoke the game fire early on to get things going, and slinging dirt on half the village for no reason at all.

I'm pretty bad at this whole werewolf thing, but my thoughts would be its incredibly easy to hide in snowballed votes when everyone gets behind one or two people.
    Sorry Pawwed, way off the mark.

Just because you don't agree with someone on my nice list, doesn't make me a wolf. you know I am kack at this game? But I enjoy it. No idea why, but I just look wolfy. I am not going to say why I think someone is on my nice list. What if they are rolled goodies? we best stick to spotting the bad guys and explaining why at some point.

Doesn't make either of you wolves, at all, but seasoned WW players on Boards making this claim is something which sticks out to me. It's just a little too modest and implies an air of 'Sure how could I be a wolf, I don't know what I'm at here?' from players who do actually know better.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I was taking the most direct route from king to Elvis which was Vale to Strawberry, and then continuing on with the Elvis posts.

But I see your point, the extra mentions of king might have been important for the timeline for completeness sake anyway. But it's not like I left myself out of the timeline entirely though as I did say I'd made an Elvis statement.

My point still stands, it seems kinda an organic progression and not tasky.

Can't believe we're discussing this so in-depth :P

I can.

Someone mentions a word related to the flavour and then everyone loses their minds with accusations of a task.

The Elvis thing could be a task, but it seems very loose to me. More so, I'd be looking at (and will myself) who was looking to kick up the most dirt against the Elvis/King posters.

Such a tactic can be a very easy way for a wolf to 1) throw suspicion elsewhere, and 2) appear helpful to the village in the early stages.

As Trit (I think) said the more I see that Vale campaign post the more wolfy it seems.

I also just realised that I don't read it every time, so repeating the same thing over and over, and slightly changing it would be a way to slip in a task, with out people paying much attention.

Less likely but also possible it could be a fire draw to protect another wolf, who can slip the task in while Vale spams up a storm

Lynching Vale just because he is campaigning for Mayor would be daft. However, when 'campaigning' veers well into spamming that's when I raise an eyebrow.

Absolute nightmare trying to catch up on the game and sort out the quality posts from pure spam.

In fairness to Vale though, at least his spam is obvious and he isn't trying to dress it as anything other than it is.

A few other posters seem to be posting frequently and padding their post counts by either repeating the same hollow accusations, or posting a bunch of crap not related to the game.

Statistically, there has to be at least one wolf among the low posters. However, those with the highest post/spam counts aren't automatically cleared from my rader.

You’re sending yourself off in the completely wrong direction if you think I’m part of an Elvis task. I only wrote what I did because someone else wrote what they did. Then loads of people followed on, Life of Brian stylee.

Tasks have become the biggest headwreck of the game.

I've been caught in this coincidental spotlight myself in a previous life. The caster of that light was shining it quite intensely and as it turns out it was just a wolf tactic.

Also...

Beaker can accuse of me of bandwagoning, but Duffman made a fair point with his post about BJ listing so many random characters.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Beaker vow on Day 0 to give Necro's postcount record a run in this game? If this is the case - I'm all for the fun aspect, but clogging the thread with a lot of fluff is not helpful to the village at all.

Whatever happens, i enjoy Vales work. Consistent if anything.

• Advertisement

Making 2 posts with an anon account doesn't sit right with me. PJ's above explanation came when others called him out on it.

That said, if it was a wolf task, I'm sure PJ would know that it would be like suicide to complete such a task in the thread.

Still, add that onto PJ's drive-by hmming of various posters yesterday for hollow/no reasoning and it stands out for me.

There can be a fine line between wanting to stoke the game fire early on to get things going, and slinging dirt on half the village for no reason at all.

Doesn't make either of you wolves, at all, but seasoned WW players on Boards making this claim is something which sticks out to me. It's just a little too modest and implies an air of 'Sure how could I be a wolf, I don't know what I'm at here?' from players who do actually know better.

I can.

Someone mentions a word related to the flavour and then everyone loses their minds with accusations of a task.

The Elvis thing could be a task, but it seems very loose to me. More so, I'd be looking at (and will myself) who was looking to kick up the most dirt against the Elvis/King posters.

Such a tactic can be a very easy way for a wolf to 1) throw suspicion elsewhere, and 2) appear helpful to the village in the early stages.

Lynching Vale just because he is campaigning for Mayor would be daft. However, when 'campaigning' veers well into spamming that's when I raise an eyebrow.

Absolute nightmare trying to catch up on the game and sort out the quality posts from pure spam.

In fairness to Vale though, at least his spam is obvious and he isn't trying to dress it as anything other than it is.

A few other posters seem to be posting frequently and padding their post counts by either repeating the same hollow accusations, or posting a bunch of crap not related to the game.

Statistically, there has to be at least one wolf among the low posters. However, those with the highest post/spam counts aren't automatically cleared from my rader.

I've been caught in this coincidental spotlight myself in a previous life. The caster of that light was shining it quite intensely and as it turns out it was just a wolf tactic.

Also...

Beaker can accuse of me of bandwagoning, but Duffman made a fair point with his post about BJ listing so many random characters.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Beaker vow on Day 0 to give Necro's postcount record a run in this game? If this is the case - I'm all for the fun aspect, but clogging the thread with a lot of fluff is not helpful to the village at all.

Cant see the Mods assigning a task as posting as an alternate account. Not impossible but I doubt it tbh

Advertisement