Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXV - Fr Ted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Making 2 posts with an anon account doesn't sit right with me. PJ's above explanation came when others called him out on it.

That said, if it was a wolf task, I'm sure PJ would know that it would be like suicide to complete such a task in the thread.

Still, add that onto PJ's drive-by hmming of various posters yesterday for hollow/no reasoning and it stands out for me.

There can be a fine line between wanting to stoke the game fire early on to get things going, and slinging dirt on half the village for no reason at all.

Doesn't make either of you wolves, at all, but seasoned WW players on Boards making this claim is something which sticks out to me. It's just a little too modest and implies an air of 'Sure how could I be a wolf, I don't know what I'm at here?' from players who do actually know better.

I can.

Someone mentions a word related to the flavour and then everyone loses their minds with accusations of a task.

The Elvis thing could be a task, but it seems very loose to me. More so, I'd be looking at (and will myself) who was looking to kick up the most dirt against the Elvis/King posters.

Such a tactic can be a very easy way for a wolf to 1) throw suspicion elsewhere, and 2) appear helpful to the village in the early stages.

Lynching Vale just because he is campaigning for Mayor would be daft. However, when 'campaigning' veers well into spamming that's when I raise an eyebrow.

Absolute nightmare trying to catch up on the game and sort out the quality posts from pure spam.

In fairness to Vale though, at least his spam is obvious and he isn't trying to dress it as anything other than it is.

A few other posters seem to be posting frequently and padding their post counts by either repeating the same hollow accusations, or posting a bunch of crap not related to the game.

Statistically, there has to be at least one wolf among the low posters. However, those with the highest post/spam counts aren't automatically cleared from my rader.

I've been caught in this coincidental spotlight myself in a previous life. The caster of that light was shining it quite intensely and as it turns out it was just a wolf tactic.

Also...

Beaker can accuse of me of bandwagoning, but Duffman made a fair point with his post about BJ listing so many random characters.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Beaker vow on Day 0 to give Necro's postcount record a run in this game? If this is the case - I'm all for the fun aspect, but clogging the thread with a lot of fluff is not helpful to the village at all.

Woah,

First ive engaged in banter but its not been a total fluff fest.

In the spirit of the game ive quoted a few lines and mentioned some characters.

Its a father ted game its what your supposed to do.

Lool past my fluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Uriel. wrote: »
    Cant see the Mods assigning a task as posting as an alternate account. Not impossible but I doubt it tbh

I can't see it at all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Woah,

Lool past my fluff.

On a scale of 1 to 7 how much fluff do you think you've posted? With 1 being a a dysoned belly button and 7 being a sumo wrestler in rabbit factory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Whatever happens, i enjoy Vales work. Consistent if anything.

Why thank you!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Iys not a task its called getting involved. Real task still out there folks

You ignored my question about adding Vale into your buddy list. Care to answer?
    quickbeam wrote: »
    I've collated votes from 15 players. No decision made about when to publish the list, but can do so if we think it suitable. I think between the no-lynches and the other votes the top three aren't going to be the only ones voted for anyway so not much point in FFA if we're not going to run the top three?

I am going to bed soon, any chance this will be soon? or I will just have to go with my top on my FFA list. Too long a day at work and not long home.
    Making 2 posts with an anon account doesn't sit right with me. PJ's above explanation came when others called him out on it.

Doesn't make either of you wolves, at all, but seasoned WW players on Boards making this claim is something which sticks out to me. It's just a little too modest and implies an air of 'Sure how could I be a wolf, I don't know what I'm at here?' from players who do actually know better.

I can.

Someone mentions a word related to the flavour and then everyone loses their minds with accusations of a task.

The Elvis thing could be a task, but it seems very loose to me. More so, I'd be looking at (and will myself) who was looking to kick up the most dirt against the Elvis/King posters.

Such a tactic can be a very easy way for a wolf to 1) throw suspicion elsewhere, and 2) appear helpful to the village in the early stages.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Beaker vow on Day 0 to give Necro's postcount record a run in this game? If this is the case - I'm all for the fun aspect, but clogging the thread with a lot of fluff is not helpful to the village at all.

Are ye mad? I am well known for being the most wolfy villager in the history of WW! I am sh1t at the game. I am NOT being modest lol. But I do love it.

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

You ignored my question about adding Vale into your buddy list. Care to answer?

I am going to bed soon, any chance this will be soon? or I will just have to go with my top on my FFA list. Too long a day at work and not long home.

Are ye mad? I am well known for being the most wolfy villager in the history of WW! I am sh1t at the game. I am NOT being modest lol. But I do love it.

Im going to have to correct you on that, Ive been so wolfy even when a villager and NRV (which i have been most of the time) people have changed my username to Valewolf.

So, we can't vote for just a Mayor?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

To be honest I think the no lynch option should not be used. Its an excuse for fence sitting IMO. The purpose of the game is to follow your gut and the evidence presented and take an educated guess. Someone said earlier whats the point in lynching someone as chances are its a villager, if you look at the stats Im sure its similar in the second and third lynches, so unless someone comes out and says they are evil then we will struggle to make a coherent decision as a village if we are fence sitting at an early stage.

I can't remember exactly why but I used to advocate a "no lynch" and I was thoroughly convinced that its a waste. I think its something to do with the information gained from the voting pattern amongst other things.

• Advertisement

Im going to have to correct you on that, Ive been so wolfy even when a villager and NRV (which i have been most of the time) people have changed my username to Valewolf.

That is what they say about me, so we need to share this wonderful prize. We have a gift Vale. The most wolfy villagers in the universe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

So, we can't vote for just a Mayor?

You can vote no lynch and a mayor
    duffman13 wrote: »
    To be honest I think the no lynch option should not be used. Its an excuse for fence sitting IMO. The purpose of the game is to follow your gut and the evidence presented and take an educated guess. Someone said earlier whats the point in lynching someone as chances are its a villager, if you look at the stats Im sure its similar in the second and third lynches, so unless someone comes out and says they are evil then we will struggle to make a coherent decision as a village if we are fence sitting at an early stage.

Agreed on the fence sitting, voting patterns can be useful for us down the line

I can't remember exactly why but I used to advocate a "no lynch" and I was thoroughly convinced that its a waste. I think its something to do with the information gained from the voting pattern amongst other things.

I think that was it tbh. We need as much info as we can at the beginning of a game and delaying the lynches tells us nothing. Waiting for the munch in the morning is a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

#FFA1

Drumpot - The suggestions of ways of getting around tasks seem like a wolf trying to look like they're coming up with ways to find wolves

Stu Redman - The PJ account thing is very loose to me, and Stu talks about wolves hiding behind the confusion in loose reasons

Not sure about a third. Kitten and ardinn's FFAs were quite sparse. Kitten had no lynch, Vale (to get rid of him) and PJ (valid enough reason for PJ to be fair).

Ah shucks :P

Anyway, the only things sticking out for me right now are some folk that are either on my naughty list or my nice list. Writing down as I no doubt will forget later what I have on a notepad in work

Naughty
    Mick
    QB

Nice
    Duff
    Lord
    Moi

This working hard and playing is damn tough lol. Slow down a bit guys!

I have been out and about all day so only getting a run on the laptop now. I appreciate the sentiment but nice lists are a really dangerous thing to be putting out there.

giphy.gif

Seer peeks for BJ or Vale if not lynched tonight, barring new information we will be circling the drain tomorrow on those two. If there is a kill tomorrow then we now a task has been completed and we will be trawling back through 100s of posts from those two. The Vale one is almost too obvious but wouldn't be surprised to have a wolf hiding in plain sight.

Woah,

Lool past my fluff.

Yep, I'll look past the fluff.

I know it's natural to mention a few characters from the show, but it just seemed like you were trying to list off as many random characters as possible in a short space of time.

Seems tasky, but maybe not that of a wolf.

I agree, in an ideal game. However, the reality for me is that my own participation in the game today was basically a non-event.

I caught-up on the thread, sure, but I've gotten nowhere near opening a word document to start playing/investigating proper.

'No lynch' does allow fence-sitting, but what is worse tonight? Fence-sitting or band-wagoning? Because it's going to be one or the other.

I have very mild suspicions, like so mild that they are barely in double-digits on the Scoville scale of hotness.

A 'No lynch' might be pure fence-sitting for the kind of player who has been present in the game all day, but for me tonight it seems to make sense.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfWqGd6f-lpM4MQxhll_EirfV992iQJieHhNOnrTNav9jHlug/viewform

Lynch form for anyone that needs it. Vote cast

Vale, I didn't vote you for Mayor! Soz, felt the advertising campaign lacked diversity!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

There hasn't been much demand for it and it doesn't look like we'll be racing the top posters anyway. I'll post around lynch time for reference as it can be useful later. Some more might vote yet I guess, as Barney did after you posted above.

• Advertisement

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfWqGd6f-lpM4MQxhll_EirfV992iQJieHhNOnrTNav9jHlug/viewform

Lynch form for anyone that needs it. Vote cast

Vale, I didn't vote you for Mayor! Soz, felt the advertising campaign lacked diversity!

:eek::eek:

giphy.gif

I have been out and about all day so only getting a run on the laptop now. I appreciate the sentiment but nice lists are a really dangerous thing to be putting out there.

People do it all the time Mr Duffman

They say team village, have a villa lean etc. I just used a different term. that is all.

I didn't explain why I thought it. It was mentioned that I didn't and that to me is more wolfy to ask. I said I wasnt going to point out something in case it was a rolled goodie.

You’re being very helpful Duffman. Especially when we already have a link sticky.

Yep, I'll look past the fluff.

I know it's natural to mention a few characters from the show, but it just seemed like you were trying to list off as many random characters as possible in a short space of time.

Seems tasky, but maybe not that of a wolf.

I agree, in an ideal game. However, the reality for me is that my own participation in the game today was basically a non-event.

I caught-up on the thread, sure, but I've gotten nowhere near opening a word document to start playing/investigating proper.

'No lynch' does allow fence-sitting, but what is worse tonight? Fence-sitting or band-wagoning? Because it's going to be one or the other.

I have very mild suspicions, like so mild that they are barely in double-digits on the Scoville scale of hotness.

A 'No lynch' might be pure fence-sitting for the kind of player who has been present in the game all day, but for me tonight it seems to make sense.

If that's how you feel then fair enough however there has been suspicious behaviour by a number of posters today, the no lynch option can potentially create a malaise among the village and this game could turn very sharply. The wrong mayor being elected and we are in potentially huge trouble as a village.

giphy.gif

Barney92 wrote: »
    #FFA1

Drumpot - The suggestions of ways of getting around tasks seem like a wolf trying to look like they're coming up with ways to find wolves

Stu Redman - The PJ account thing is very loose to me, and Stu talks about wolves hiding behind the confusion in loose reasons

Not sure about a third. Kitten and ardinn's FFAs were quite sparse. Kitten had no lynch, Vale (to get rid of him) and PJ (valid enough reason for PJ to be fair).

Fair enough, but if I chose not to post until after the lynch, I probably would have went by unnoticed with the focus on other players. Then in that case, your FFA would be even more atrocious.

For a vote thats 20minutes away, things are far too quiet!!!

quickbeam wrote: »
    There hasn't been much demand for it and it doesn't look like we'll be racing the top posters anyway. I'll post around lynch time for reference as it can be useful later. Some more might vote yet I guess, as Barney did after you posted above.

If you have it ready then why not post it now? Might not make any difference but strange not to post it if you've collated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

I think the FFAs could still be helpful at this point though they may pose a bandwagon for undecided players

• Advertisement

You’re being very helpful Duffman. Especially when we already have a link sticky.

Well I had the link handy as id just voted, but yeah I am being helpful. Is that ok with you SM?

Advertisement