Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXV - Fr Ted

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So Duffman throws me on a Bullet FFA with no reasoning given, then when I question why does not respond but responds to others immediately after... ok then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'm not sold. Why are you exactly? Please explain your exact reasons. It can't surely be simply because BJ, a known wolf, said I was. That'd be a pure silly reason.

It's not purely silly though QB. There's a logic to it. It's unfortunate for you because there's actually nothing you can do to defend against it. But there is reason in thinking that a wolf who thought they were about to get shout would try and save themselves by trying to get someone else shot that would make them look like a goodie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Kolido wrote: »
    I'm still a pacifist, but we know more as the days go on.

Yeah of course we do but it’s a fair Old shift after only one morning.

Who does your gut say should get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Are people reading my posts or what, I'll gladly forfiet the bullets if we dont have a prime target.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

duffman13 wrote: »
    One on the low posters, which one and why?

I would give LouchC the benefit of the doubt about being away yesterday and possibly hungover today but if doesn't show up by tomorrow I reckon we can lynch / shoot him tomorrow. I would then go for the next lowest at the time which at the moment is Ardinn but may change.

• Advertisement

Shoot QB now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Im thinking QB for the next bullet too - stinks of the failed conversion or BJ becoming invincible if he gets qb got.

I have no other real evidence for suspicion of anyone else at present!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I dont think he is bad but if he takes out 2 villagers with no consnsus from the villagers its certainly more likely

If Beaker hadn't done what he did, he was eating a bullet soon afterwards anyway. If he wasn't mod killed, I was shooting him the second the thread reopened.

So, as far as I'm concerned, I'm 1-1 with a bonus shot left.

As far as Vale, tbh, I ended up finalizing the shot when he started with the name calling; moron in the post BH said, followed quickly by calling me a c***.

I don't regret that shot at all tbh. Sorry I hit an NRV, but not sorry I took the shot.

Now, as far as a "village consensous", it feels like the closest we have to that right now is to off QB, and I'll be honest, I've got that kill order written and ready to submit.

The reality is that the village has spent all day talking about it, and I think will keep talking about it till we actually make the call. At the very least, Beaker has managed to cause a great big distraction, but its one that doesn't need to be dragged out much longer.

QB, any final thoughts?

Are people reading my posts or what, I'll gladly forfiet the bullets if we dont have a prime target.

You Could be the biggest baddest wolf going for all I know but I think people are slinging mud atm. You being called out for being a bullet lover is odd seeing as youve had bullets for hours and not used them so far. Not that loving bullets would make you a wolf either

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Barney92 wrote: »
    It's not purely silly though QB. There's a logic to it. It's unfortunate for you because there's actually nothing you can do to defend against it. But there is reason in thinking that a wolf who thought they were about to get shout would try and save themselves by trying to get someone else shot that would make them look like a goodie.

Oh, I agree with that. Wholeheartedly. And if I had turned out be a wolf, BJ would be a hero (for a while anyway, until people started questioning why the seer wasn't being killed by the wolves). But the point is that BJ took a chance on naming me. Knew that there'd been heat on me anyway so was a good chance of being believed and I'd be shot before him. It may even have gone down that way if it wasn't for the edit and modkill. And sure, if I turned out to be a villager and he got shot instead, then at least he'd have taken a villager with him first. The point is, BJ had no idea, could have no idea what my role was, it was a shot in the dark because I was fourth in the FFA yesterday. There's actually no reason to think I'm a wolf outside of what another wolf has claimed. Nothing, zero, zilch.

• Advertisement

Sorry fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Why cant we just peek her?

Cause we've 3 bullets, not three peeks.

kitten_k wrote: »
    but if doesn't show up by tomorrow I reckon we can lynch / shoot him tomorrow. I would then go for the next lowest at the time which at the moment is Ardinn but may change.

1st - you dont lynch low posters - they miss votes and get modkilled.

2nd - Go bend yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If Beaker hadn't done what he did, he was eating a bullet soon afterwards anyway. If he wasn't mod killed, I was shooting him the second the thread reopened.

So, as far as I'm concerned, I'm 1-1 with a bonus shot left.

As far as Vale, tbh, I ended up finalizing the shot when he started with the name calling; moron in the post BH said, followed quickly by calling me a c***.

I don't regret that shot at all tbh. Sorry I hit an NRV, but not sorry I took the shot.

Now, as far as a "village consensous", it feels like the closest we have to that right now is to off QB, and I'll be honest, I've got that kill order written and ready to submit.

The reality is that the village has spent all day talking about it, and I think will keep talking about it till we actually make the call. At the very least, Beaker has managed to cause a great big distraction, but its one that doesn't need to be dragged out much longer.

QB, any final thoughts?

Hold your horses.

fr-damo-390x285.png

I would give LouchC the benefit of the doubt about being away yesterday and possibly hungover today but if doesn't show up by tomorrow I reckon we can lynch / shoot him tomorrow. I would then go for the next lowest at the time which at the moment is Ardinn but may change.

He'll probably be modkilled if he doesn't vote tonight anyway.

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I’m having a hard time working out who I think should get a bullet.

Stu - if you were just randomly pointed by BJ earlier then that’s unfortunate but i think it is important to note

Kitten - I’m just being ignorant about it now but still don’t trust you

Pj - Still unsure about the reveal

Kolido- for being so staunch in your no lynch belief yesterday but now mad for the bullets......maybe you should just turn the gun on yourself

S02E09-hvYC5APo-subtitled.jpg

Bullets arent peeks though we wrong we are down a villager and I'm saying that as someone who's suspected QB since the start

Barney92 wrote: »
    So if they were engaging when you made that post then shortly before that they were probably on the same amount of posts as Arab, I'm guessing. So 2/3 posts over the course of 40 or so hours is the difference. Or essentially, one extra post per day. That's why I'm questioning it.

Fair point Barney. Just looking at the post count for the game now, I'm going to include Mrs. Flushdraw in my list of low posters.

She has since disappeared, and there's quite the gap between her and the next highest poster.

For anyone else who want to see the total postcount of all players...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2057855399

I think one bullet should be used on the low posters, another on QB to test out BJ's theory and then a vote / FFA on the third.

All 3 options leave you out for a bullet anyway kitten, nice suggestion :pac:

Oh, I agree with that. Wholeheartedly. And if I had turned out be a wolf, BJ would be a hero (for a while anyway, until people started questioning why the seer wasn't being killed by the wolves). But the point is that BJ took a chance on naming me. Knew that there'd been heat on me anyway so was a good chance of being believed and I'd be shot before him. It may even have gone down that way if it wasn't for the edit and modkill. And sure, if I turned out to be a villager and he got shot instead, then at least he'd have taken a villager with him first. The point is, BJ had no idea, could have no idea what my role was, it was a shot in the dark because I was fourth in the FFA yesterday. There's actually no reason to think I'm a wolf outside of what another wolf has claimed. Nothing, zero, zilch.

That’s what I’m thinking as well to be honest.

I’d rather be pointing the finger at who BJ claimed to be good

Good point

• Advertisement

Seeing as you keep posting and not responding to my repeated questioning why you placed me on a bullet FFA im just going to assume you were poking / throwing mud to see what sticks and had nothing on me.

I could suggest you were trying to steer the conversation towards non wolfies with such action but so far I don't have much else to go on for accusing you of not being a villager so will just leave it at the above.

ardinn wrote: »
    1st - you dont lynch low posters - they miss votes and get modkilled.

2nd - Go bend yourself!

But non of the low posters have missed a vote to get mod-killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Fair point Barney. Just looking at the post count for the game now, I'm going to include Mrs. Flushdraw in my list of low posters.

She has since disappeared, and there's quite the gap between her and the next highest poster.

For anyone else who want to see the total postcount of all players...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2057855399

Fair enough. My main gripe was the inclusion of Arab and exclusion of MrsFD when the gap between them was small compared to the gap between Arab and the next person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

I'm not sold. Why are you exactly? Please explain your exact reasons. It can't surely be simply because BJ, a known wolf, said I was. That'd be a pure silly reason.

I've already given them

No FFA last night despite collating them.
    Collating the FFA and not posting the results till requested.
    I feel your FFA today despite you having a MUCH better idea on wolves today was throwaway.
    I like the BJ theory of killing an opposing wolf to save himself.
    Throwaway vote in the lynch last night.
    Overly defensive this morning

I'm not saying I'm 100% right, no one is in this game but there's lots of reasons

Lord TSC wrote: »
    QB, any final thoughts?

Don't. But if you must let me know and I'll give my final thoughts then.

Loughc did.

Well I am hardly going to volunteer for a bullet - also doesn't leave me out as people can include me in their FFA's!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I'm sold on QB, others may not be, you might think its throwing mud but it's a worthwhile strategy in my mind. If QB comes back good I'll back down a bit but i think shes dodgy and I've set out my stall as to why.

Too many people voted no lynch last night and are still sitting on the fence. I'll take a break for an hour as I'm starting to takeover and I'd like to hear from others

I advocated no lynch yesterday which I would usually think makes sense in most villages because its a long game normally. I didn't realise that this town was winding up on Thursday so it seems like the town was meant to be closer to Sin City then somewhere that can be oppositely comparable with Sin City. I genuinely couldn't think of a good opposite !

I also thought that the 2 bullets a day for Vig would be a red herring, but again, given the schedule of this village, I think we will have bullets galore.

The statistical chance that Kolido and indeed Lord are villagers is as high as its going to be with people with bullets going forward. As such, while I am normally quite conservative (when others have bullets!) I think we have to use all them today to figure out quickly what sort of patterns exist.

In terms of who I think is dodgy I am not sure. I do think if Lord was a wolf he would of had more to gain by keeping the Bullets to themselves even for a bit longer. The wolves could of devised a plan to get the village to focus on somebody and convinced enough people to piggy back on it (especially as there is 3 bullets, plenty of candidates!).

I am personally suspect of Barney because they have been around so little but popped their head up, put me top of their FFA and disappeared again. Not a lot to go on, but we all take it personally when somebody has a go at us, I just cant see how Barney's accusation makes much sense.

The QB thing seems to be a problem one way or another. There is a lot of talk about it. Its not enough for me to give thumbs up, but unfortunately with so many bullets and no dynamite targets its hard to not think its a shot we might have to take (if we are going to use all kills today).

Then there is Mick. I just cant get a read on him but the quick "kill Lord" post is unsettling. On its own it can be explained away, but the fact that there was a bit of panic going on at the time Kolido could of killed Lord thinking it was the will of the village. I could be wrong but I think somebody else might of posted "Kill Lord" aswell.

With regards to Kolido, I think they have played a cool game with the gun. Seems more villagey then wolf cause I felt there was an opportunity during the panic this morning to take at least one shot and claim the gun was just resting on his lap and slipped! That doesn't clear Kolido, but its a tick in my book (along with Vale trusting Kolido to take the bullets).

In terms of Mayor, I think we wait until we have used all the bullets and decided on a Lynch. One Kill at a time.

In terms of BJ, it was so early on in the game it was quite possible that if it was the Shaman that gave BJ the polish, it was a hunch. What it did was force BJ to act in a way where he was top of the list of suspects. That suggests that he might of kept a wide birth from the other wolves (or them from him). Remember, he prob knew early on that he wasn't going to get a vote and that a goodie had targeted him. So the wolves would of planned a strategy for the day and as he started becoming a target, they would possibly distance themselves.

In terms of Lord getting bullets it could of been because Lord was going to shake things up, scare everybody (including wolves) and get everybody talking.

My gut tells me we kill every mother f*cker possible with the tools we have and then Mick can give us a mass (if he survives the cull).

Sorry I worded that wrong. If they are low because of of inactivity they will miss votes and be modkilled. If they stay low but keep voting then yeah fair enough!

• Advertisement

Only one of the wolf teams would have know he was a wolf, so the other wolf team would have still munched him if they believed he was the seer
    Loughc did.

Sorry didn't notice that.

Advertisement