Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXV - Fr Ted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

This is sooooooo wolfy

Of course it is :rolleyes:

Are you all up in atom today? cos I aint! I am waaaay too lazy to do a thing today. So if being lazy makes me wolfy, then I must be a wolf :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Of course it is :rolleyes:
    Only a wolf would deny being a wolf.
    I must be a wolf :)
    She admits it!!!!

Burn baby burn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Burn baby burn

Disco Inferno

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I am off work for two weeks. I am away in a hotel tomorrow. I will use the opportunity to binge watch ted. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Kolido wrote: »
    So the wolves will attemp to convert someone, I wonder how they can fail? Does it depend on who they pick or the player can reject them?

They compete for a kill night 1, suggest to me thete is no task currently in play.

I know Im making too much sense but damn it, Ive had enough of the fluff!

Some players are immune to conversion

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Probably missing the joke (as usual) but it is Peter Capaldi

Nope, I was the one missing the context. I don't watch Dr. Who.

When I first saw the eye gif, I didn't know it was from that show, but thought that it looked like Peter Capaldi. I've seen him in 'The Thick of It' on multiple viewings of that show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So is there a lynch tonight then or just the mayor thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So is there a lynch tonight then or just the mayor thingy?

MOD NOTE: There are no village actions tonight. Play will properly begin tomorrow morning with conversions. First lynch will be tomorrow night at 9pm.

Apologies for confusion, OP will be updated to reflect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Nothing tonight as far as I can see, first action is tomorrow morning.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Kolido wrote: »
    So the wolves will attemp to convert someone, I wonder how they can fail? Does it depend on who they pick or the player can reject them?

They compete for a kill night 1, suggest to me thete is no task currently in play.

I know Im making too much sense but damn it, Ive had enough of the fluff!

How does that make sense? How does "competing for a kill night 1" lead you to the conclusion that there's no task in play? Surely the former would lead to the conclusion of the exact opposite of the latter. Especially since the OP (which you quoted) screams out on-thread tasks to me:
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    There are 4 hairy handed evils at the beginning of the game – Two from Craggy Island, Two from Rugged Island. They will attempt to convert a player to their cause on Night 0 and Night 1, as well as competing on thread for a kill on night 1. Kills will then replace conversions from night 2 onwards until the wolves have won or are completely destroyed.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    How does that make sense? How does "competing for a kill night 1" lead you to the conclusion that there's no task in play? Surely the former would lead to the conclusion of the exact opposite of the latter. Especially since the OP (which you quoted) screams out on-thread tasks to me:

Fist munch is Tuesday morning, which leads me to suggest tasks will be tomorrow. Of course I could be wrong and it has already started.

Yeah, I think we should be on the lookout for on-thread tasks from the get go, tbh.

Yeah, I think we should be on the lookout for on-thread tasks from the get go, tbh.

Yep fair enough. Best to assume its already in play then.

From the OP...
    There are 4 hairy handed evils at the beginning of the game – Two from Craggy Island, Two from Rugged Island. They will attempt to convert a player to their cause on Night 0 and Night 1, as well as competing on thread for a kill on night 1. Kills will then replace conversions from night 2 onwards until the wolves have won or are completely destroyed.
    From the bolded part above, it reads like it is only the munch they have to compete for.
    Schedule:
    Day 0 - Sat & Sun
    Morning - No action
    Evening - No action

Day 1 – Monday
    Morning - 10am conversions
    Evening - 9pm Lynch & Mayor Election Vote Results

Day 2 – Tuesday
    Morning - 10am munch

Day 3 – Wednesday (May be a speed day depending on game progression)
    Morning - 10am munch

Day 4 – Thursday (Speed day)
    Morning - 10am munch
    Afternoon - 1pm Lynch & Mayor Election Vote Results
    Evening - 4pm munch
    Night - 9pm Lynch & Mayor Election Vote Results
    If the wolves only have to compete for munch on Night 1, then I would assume those tasks would have to be carried out during Day 1.

However, if they have to compete for Night 0 conversions (tomorrow 10am) then we should look out for tasks tonight.

Look at the wording in the schedule for tomorrow morning though - It says 'conversions' - plural.

So my reading of that is that both teams get an attempt at a conversion tomorrow, and therefore don't have to compete for it today.

Thoughts?

Yeah though I'm useless at spotting them this early on. Usually it becomes easier once we know the task was completed.

Agree for the most part.

10am Monday ends Night 0 and there'll be two attempted conversions.
    10am Tuesday ends Night 1 and there'll be two more attempted conversions AND one attempted kill based on the winning on-thread task.

The only bit I disagree with you on is that there's nothing to suppose that the contest for the Night 1 kill won't start straight away It *might* only start from 10am Tuesday or 9pm Tuesday after lynch, who knows, but as we can't really be sure, then best to watch out for tasks now.

Of course, wolves may decide to pass on the task. Especially since doing the task might mean that they will be outing themselves to the other wolf team. I suppose that would be their prerogative. And if that is their decision then trying to spot tasks at all will end up being a waste of time.

From the OP...

From the bolded part above, it reads like it is only the munch they have to compete for.

If the wolves only have to compete for munch on Night 1, then I would assume those tasks would have to be carried out during Day 1.

However, if they have to compete for Night 0 conversions (tomorrow 10am) then we should look out for tasks tonight.

Look at the wording in the schedule for tomorrow morning though - It says 'conversions' - plural.

So my reading of that is that both teams get an attempt at a conversion tomorrow, and therefore don't have to compete for it today.

Thoughts?

My reading of the OP would each gets a conversion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

tritium wrote: »
    My reading of the OP would each gets a conversion.

That was my understanding too. Otherwise we would potentially have 8 wolves.

Gonna be a difficult win for wolves imo as they have to wipe out other team aswell as achieve parity with village. With Tom running around shooting randomers this will be extremely difficult as one team needs to avoid (nearly) all of the lynches and random shootings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Basically the bad guys start as 2 teams of 2, randomly assigned. Each team then gets to pick a third member.

Would suck if they picked a roled villager.

Wonder what happens if one teams tries to convert someone from the other bad team

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Arabtinian

hello all! only getting on now as was away most the day. so game starts properly tomorrow is it?

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    Basically the bad guys start as 2 teams of 2, randomly assigned. Each team then gets to pick a third member.

Would suck if they picked a roled villager.

Wonder what happens if one teams tries to convert someone from the other bad team

Roles players can't be converted though there going to be a panicked if there's no conversion cause that means the wolves have caught someone who they'll probably kill quickly afterwards.

I don’t believe there’s task for the conversions. The way I’m reading it is not everyone can be converted so the wolves get two attempts (N0 & N1) to pick the right person.

What worries me is if the wolves get told “sorry, you cannot have that person”, they will target them for munch instead as one of the good roles.

We can only hope that there are either a) a ban on munching anyone they chose for conversion, or, b) random NRVs who cannot be chosen either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Roles players can't be converted though there going to be a panicked if there's no conversion cause that means the wolves have caught someone who they'll probably kill quickly afterwards.

Sounds like you thought about that alot.

Probably give a list of 3 to convert and get 1.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Sounds like you thought about that alot.

In a dream I had a while back, I got caught out that way :p so conversions have always been forefront in my mind

Vote for me for Mayor!

I’ll build a wall around ol Donegal the wolves dens.

And then I will give the bullets to whomever entertains me the most

:D

Vote for me for Mayor!

I’ll build a wall around ol Donegal the wolves dens.

And then I will give the bullets to whomever entertains me the most

:D

Strawberry Trumpshake throwing her hat in the ring early

I have no such political ambitions, my only goal is to make Craggy Island great again :) :pac;

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

OufZfI2LmRxc.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I wanna be Mayor.

I will rule you like a King.

Heres what ill bring to the role

1)gifs
    2) random accusations
    3)taking the piss out of Necro and try make his mod job difficult
    4) i will not be reasonable
    5) cause, stuff

Vote Valeyard

vote early, vote often

nb9Q5s.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

3)taking the piss out of Necro and try make his mod job difficult

:)

Advertisement