Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soudcard Staic

Options
  • 25-03-2018 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

I just purchased a Creative AE5 Pure.

Its set up correctly. Molex cable for lighting. AFFP connected from front audio panel.

But im getting constant static, and whenever windows boots up, volume is always at 50% (Static does not change when volume changed)

The onboard Asus soundcard works fine when the cables are connected to that.

1) Ive disabled onboard HD controller
    2) removed all realtek autio
    3) uninstalled and reinstall drivers from creative
    4) Re positioned soundcard
    5) Moved soundcard away from GPU,
    6) Stopped fan to see if it made any difference
    7) Fiddled with sound settings
    8) Disabled Nvidia gpu sound thinge
    9) Disabled mic (although it the static is similar to a microphone left on)

Im at a loss as what to do next!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like you're using too much gain in the wrong place but with know manual controls on the card Im not sure how that'd happen.

The machine is definitely earthed correctly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

ED E wrote: »
    Sounds like you're using too much gain in the wrong place but with know manual controls on the card Im not sure how that'd happen.

The machine is definitely earthed correctly?

Definitely earthed properly.

Cheers for the reply though! No idea what else it could be.

Is this headphones or speakers?

Is this headphones or speakers?

Speakers,

Will actually check both headphone jacks to make sure they are not affected.

1 x TOSLINK Optical Out,
    1 x 1/8" (3.5mm) Mic In/Line In,
    1 x 1/8" (3.5mm) Headphone/Headset Out,
    1 x 1/8" Front Out,
    1 x 1/8" Rear Out,
    1 x 1/8" Center/Sub Out

I would guess you've used the wrong output. One is designed for driving 600 Ohm studio cans and one is designed to send a signal to a device that amps internally.

• Advertisement

I would guess you've used the wrong output. One is designed for driving 600 Ohm studio cans and one is designed to send a signal to a device that amps internally.

Ill check that out in the morning and get back to you. But i followed instructions exactly and line jack locations. It should be fine. But will check

Checked the back of the jacks with instruction manualz they are all in right spot

Is it a hiss or more of a "buzz"?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Some motherboards like my own Gigabyte board lack proper shielding and as a result pick up electromagnetic interference easily from nearby components like hard disks which in turn gets amplified through your speakers.

It could also be that your speakers aren't shielded, try connecting a pair of headphones in place of the speakers and see if you can still hear any static.

Is it a hiss or more of a "buzz"?

More of a constant hiss that starts when windows starts

• Advertisement

Carne wrote: »
    Some motherboards like my own Gigabyte board lack proper shielding and as a result pick up electromagnetic interference easily from nearby components like hard disks which in turn gets amplified through your speakers.

It could also be that your speakers aren't shielded, try connecting a pair of headphones in place of the speakers and see if you can still hear any static.

Headphones not working it seems

Headphones work with Asus motherboard onboard soundcard, not with the new AE5.

Was onto Creative, they think the card is defective. Ive to send it back. Cheers all :)

Advertisement