Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What grants are available to a first time buyer?

Options
  • 25-03-2018 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi, I have recently purchased my first house myself. It is a two story property with a garage sitting on about half an acre just outside the town I am living in. I have a few jobs to do to it such as new roof and double glazed windows being the main thing,also maybe exterior wall insulation and it also needs a spiral stairs. That is the amount of substantial work that needs to be done with everything else just being a case of cleaning up and painting etc.
    What grants would I be able to claim for and how do I go about it for getting a new roof and new windows and exterior insulation?
    New to all this so any help is welcome, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Check out the SEAI for any insulation jobs and heating system changes.
    If you have any jobs like a rewire lor anything else where you hire a contractor you'd look into the Home Renovation Incentive.

Just make sure that your contractor is approved for either.

Advertisement