Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing a large item from Kildare to Dublin?

Options
  • 25-03-2018 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Just trying to pick some brains, I see a mid-size furniture item on Donedeal that I'd like but it's collection only from Kildare and I live in Dublin. Just slightly too big to fit in my own car. No point in going the proper courier route, it's second hand and not worth that much. Are there any "men with vans" who travel to Dublin for jobs I could contact to grab it for me for a fee? Recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

There's usually plenty of the "Man with a van" around and they will give you a quote. For items like you describe however, the quote usually ends up being around the same as the item itself or not that far off it, thus usually not making it worth your while.

The buy/sell groups on Facebook would usually be the best place to ask for local guys or notice boards in the likes of Super Value

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

Yawns wrote: »
    There's usually plenty of the "Man with a van" around and they will give you a quote. For items like you describe however, the quote usually ends up being around the same as the item itself or not that far off it, thus usually not making it worth your while.

The buy/sell groups on Facebook would usually be the best place to ask for local guys or notice boards in the likes of Super Value

Rent a van for a morning? Find a friend with a trailer.... ? Maybe the seller might have a mate with a trailer either?
    Would it fit into an estate? My Passat Estate was big enough to take a tumble dryer and a small deep freeze from DID in one trip.
    Can you take it apart?
    I ended putting a hitch on the car for just these kind of jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Have used vantasks.ie before for something like this.

Think the man behind it goes by 'cormie' here on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Great info, thank you all...

Advertisement