Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 8 | Episode 13 | Do Not Send Us Astray [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 25-03-2018 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 8

Episode 13 - "Do Not Send Us Astray"

Airdate - March 25th on AMC at 9/8c | March 26th on FOX UK at 9PM

Trouble arises when unexpected visitors arrive at the Hilltop; heartbreaking discoveries are made.

Promo

How did you rate this episode? 56 votes

0%
    12%
    johndoe99lenanendaclKeplar240BFox HoundDontThankMejrkb 7 votes
    7%
    Kablamo!Collie Dcharlietheminxxfritzelly 4 votes
    17%
    WashoutgeeceeNUTZZgman127nok2008downesycoolisinChip Whitley[Deleted User]Avatar MIA 10 votes
    5%
    FreudianSlipperssabhailBret Hart 3 votes
    10%
    dellyYakultwillowthewispheffo500mooreman09Sudden Valley 6 votes
    19%
    machiavellianmestorkerJimmy BottleheadHande hoche!Banjaxed82Jesus ShavesduffysfarmTerence Rattigandavo2001Walter E GOh0neybadger 11 votes
    7%
    wandatowellDeedsieelvis83forumuser 4 votes
    10%
    Shane St.Parkman77Roger HassenfordercrustyblaGravelly2 Scoops 6 votes
    8%
    skipper_Gconor2469DanteCiaranWiphone6 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

A room full of people and nobody hears a walker fall down the stairs. FFS! The sooner this ends, the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Not an awful episode but just dragged. And dragged. And dragged.

Sooner Henry gets killed, the better. Another waste of screen time. I laughed at Rick again unloading a full magazine, then just chucking the gun. Wouldn't think of a second mag, no?

Carol bores me these days. Such a fall from a formerly great character. Same with Maggie. "You're a great leader" said directly to her by how many characters? Ugh. The dialogue is so unnatural. Same with the new doctor. It's all so cringeworthy.

On the plus side.... Umm.... I actually can't mention one. Maybe Simon and Dwight.

It's fitting that I watch it on Monday, the worst day of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

A room full of people and nobody hears a walker fall down the stairs. FFS! The sooner this ends, the better.

ffs is right. This show is getting more and more frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

I rewatched Fargo season 1 lately and it just really demonstrated how bad TWD has become. The storyline, writing, acting, lighting - pretty much everything is z list movie stuff. I'm not expecting something amazing, just a watchable TV show based on zombies but it fails to deliver even that. The show must give those aspiring to make it as writers great confidence.

You know what it is..
    You know what it is..
    You know what it is..
    You know what it is..

Truly enlightening stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Just so much wrong with it I don't even know where to start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

For all its faults (like Negan et al walking up to the house and not expecting some thing) I thought it was a fun filled episode - then again zombie screen time increases my rating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Another God awful cowboy and injun shootout ......who do they think this is appealing to ? it's pathetic in it's childishness this whole season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Ninja Zombies..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

jaysus tobin has some appetite...mans gotta eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Felt like that episode back in the prison in I think season 4 with the kid turning into a walker during the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

all those guys tip toeing as if that would prevent bullets hitting them as they walk in to open ? i mean wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I thought It was agreed that everyone had what ever disease that zombieism is, if you cut somebody with a non-zombie person guts you could probably give them infection they could die from without medicine, is it all just faster?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭CiaranW

Terrible, terrible, terrible!
    Compare any episode of season one to this garbage!
    It's like comparing chalk and cheese.
    The writers deserve a raise!
    How could they not kill some of the cast there. Tara, Enid, so many terrible characters now too.
    I forgot about that nobody they killed off today.
    They have destroyed the characters of Carol and Michonne.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭CiaranW

Rick and Michonne never had chemistry and their relationship is stupid. It pretty much ruined her character.

I thought It was agreed that everyone had what ever dissease that zombieism is, if you cut somebody with a non-zombie person guts you could probably give them infection they could die from without medicine, is it all just faster.

Uh??? Not sure if there is a question or statement there.

Slicing someone with germ infested blood and guts is pretty much a deaf sentence - maybe they could have survived the cuts alone with some medical care but they didn't know about the crap that was in the wounds killing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Who leaves the key to the cage just lying around just For a kid to find it. Terrible stuff.

People getting bit by walkers and not even shouting out and only one sentry up a few hours after an attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭dclifford

Terrible! A man falls down all those stairs and nobody wakes up.
    Who opens the gates and lets the enemy in?Thousands of rounds spent and about 6 people die.

Really testing my patience now.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I stopped watching during season 5 (I think it was 5, could be 4) and just stumbled upon this thread.

I didn't know it was still going. Or more to the point; how it is still going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

I'm not rating this episode as it was just all over the shop. They could have made the saviours' visit a lot more interesting and cut out the reflective chats/ Morgan's 'fifth descent into Madness' hallucinations.

-We had zombies but noone of note turned (please give us jesus, enid, Tara or the latest ****wit kid at least).

-Saviours all lined up in front of the house - Turkey shoot, lit up, yet they all get away.

-why is king Ezekiel out doing donkey work looking for a kid? Should he not be co-leading with Maggie. All hail the king! :D

-where is this never-ending supply of ammo coming from?!

-more generally, what the hell have the writers done to some of the best character relationships? E.g. Rick and Morgan, Darryl and Carol, Carol and Maggie. These were the backbone of the show , now just discarded altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alac87

I completely forgot who Tobin was and also couldn't remember that he was interested in Carol. Haven't seen his character in ages. They reintroduce him and give him some air time with Carol to try to make his death have some impact on us via Carol's loss.... What a pathetic attempt to try to influence the audience feelings.

Also, why wasn't there anyone guarding all the prisoners who are basically stuck behind chicken wire? They could easily get out if not guarded.

And WHY was the front door wide open after an attack and why are they all deaf all of a sudden. Zombies have basically been irritating flies buzzing around the characters heads being swatted away lazily for the last few seasons and now they're suddenly a threat?!

When the saviours got ambushed outside the house why didn't they all get shot when there was about 8 automatic weapons firing on them with flood lights....

Have to stop watching this show once and for all.

• Advertisement

Have to stop following these threads - its all just how bad the episode was
    Seriously why bother watching it just to bitch about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

fritzelly wrote: »

It helps to vent :D

Reggie. wrote: »
    It helps to vent :D

lol
    Fantasy escapism, turn the brain off and enjoy it for what it is - Zombies! And some unneeded drama on the side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

lol
    Fantasy escapism, turn the brain off and enjoy it for what it is - Zombies! And some unneeded drama on the side

They believe they are making award winning tv.....it once was but that's long gone it needs pulling to pieces.......the show is a long standing joke now

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭dclifford

lol

There is escapism, fantasy and make believe, which is great. But the stuff being served up now is just really bad story telling to draw a story out.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,284 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You would think that having survived the zombie apocalypse for a few years now that they would at least try to kick or shake off a zombie who goes to grab and bite your leg? As for the the Ninja zombies falling down the stairs while making no noise and blending into the crowd, ffs.

Terrible stuff and I'm trying to stay on it's side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Beginning to see why Rick has trouble hitting a barn with his rifle. He penchant for hurling it away after running out of ammunition.

Actually watched this week's episode a few hours after watching the previous one, which made it feel more jarring in a number of aspects. Tara feeling remorse for Dwight, last week ready to kill him at the drop of a hat. Likewise the relative danger of the zombies. Deadly this week, while last week barely an irritant even while on fire.

Will keep watching anyway. Still not too sure if this half of the season will be any better overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,284 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I yearn for the days when we had stories involving the likes of Shane and the Governor again.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

I'm giving it till the end of the season (just 3 episodes left)

After that it depends on feed back from friends, threads on here and number of seasons left, i'll decide whether i'll ever watch it again. Have better things to be doing with my life than get frustrated week after week watching this once great show decay (pun intended), The Walking Dead indeed. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I actually enjoyed it. Hadn't watched any of the second half of this season until a couple of days ago so maybe binging helps but I think it's been better than the first half.

A lot more focus on Simon and Dwight and less on Negan is paying off - two best characters in the show at the moment in my opinion. Good to see a zombie threat too, long time since we've had one, with the added bonus that we don't have to listen to awful dialogue from them.

One question though: As The Saviours were using infected weapons to turn the Hilltoppers did Dwight intentionally wound Tara with a gunshot to save her? Couldn't really tell what was going on there with the pace and the darkness.

Advertisement