Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accidental Transfer

• 25-03-2018 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    On Friday i made a bank transfer from my current to my saving but instead i transferred it to my loan account. Can the money be retrieved its quite a large sum of money. Ive to go into the bank first thing. Ive a few payments to meet over the next two weeks and will miss then all if they refuse to return the money to the correct account.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

If your loan account isn't in arrears, they should do it no problem. By the way would you not look at reducing the loan if you have savings, you're probably paying way more in loan interest than you you are getting on your deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Rochester wrote: »
    If your loan account isn't in arrears, they should do it no problem. By the way would you not look at reducing the loan if you have savings, you're probably paying way more in loan interest than you you are getting on your deposit?

No its not in arrears at all! I even made payment on Friday as per Direct Debit. Im happy to pay loan. Savings are there for just incase. I just hope they return money cause its all my savings and money i save to make payments.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I think you'll be fine.

Advertisement