Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funeral costs of being buried in Deansgrance

• 25-03-2018 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

What would the cost of a simple funeral to be buried in Deansgrance.

I have the grave.

What are they costing these days up there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you own the grave, an interment costs €1,000 (ashes €400) in Shanganagh or Deansgrange. Took all of about 15 seconds to find this on the DLR co co website .......

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/cemetery_charges_2018.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

I don't think deans grange is taking any new burials there.

Unless it is a family plot that is.

tomofson wrote: »
    I don't think deans grange is taking any new burials there.

OP was asking about the cost of a burial in an existing plot. But since you mention new plots....

Deansgrange has a small number of plots available at €16,000 a pop. For comparison, Shanganagh is charging €2,900 per plot.

See the document link in my post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

coylemj wrote: »
    Deansgrange has a small number of plots available at €16,000 a pop. For comparison, Shanganagh is charging €2,900 per plot.

See the document link in my post above.

They must have only started charging those prices recently, I have family buried in deans grange and their graves certainly didn't cost anything along those lines.

My understanding was that deans grange was accepting no new burials, maybe they kept a more expensive part still open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

coylemj wrote: »
    If you own the grave, an interment costs €1,000 (ashes €400) in Shanganagh or Deansgrange. Took all of about 15 seconds to find this on the DLR co co website .......

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/cemetery_charges_2018.pdf

thanks for that but I was really looking for the average cost of a funeral up
    there, like from €x to €x amount that sort of thing.

And if you know the transport cost of things getting me from Waterford to
    Dublin that would be great:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,274 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

You're asking the wrong question, or at the least the right question in the wrong place.

If a person was to die in Waterford and their wishes are to be buried in Dublin, the cost would be set by the local Waterford funeral director. The Council in Dun Laoghaire are going to charge you the same to open up the grave in Deansgrange whether you are bringing remains from next door to the cemetery or from the Moon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,274 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

tomofson wrote: »
    They must have only started charging those prices recently, I have family buried in deans grange and their graves certainly didn't cost anything along those lines.

My understanding was that deans grange was accepting no new burials, maybe they kept a more expensive part still open.

About the last 5 years. They have no 'new' plots but they recycled some old plots in the cemetery and now charge the premium price to buy them in order to plough the cash back into face-lifting the rest of the site.

Shanganagh is the default cemetery for all new grave purchases in DLR county and where the new Crematorium will soon be opened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You're asking the wrong question, or at the least the right question in the wrong place.

If a person was to die in Waterford and their wishes are to be buried in Dublin, the cost would be set by the local Waterford funeral director. The Council in Dun Laoghaire are going to charge you the same to open up the grave in Deansgrange whether you are bringing remains from next door to the cemetery or from the Moon.

I did contact a funeral director in waterford and just using a very basic example, collecting body from place of death, bring back to their place, prepare body then straight from their to Deansgrange, Cost around €2k

They did hint that I might be better organising this from a Dublin funeral director.

What do ye think of that. Not looking for cheap deal just the best way to do it.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    They did hint that I might be better organising this from a Dublin funeral director.

What do ye think of that. Not looking for cheap deal just the best way to do it.

It doesn't make sense, you would expect that virtually every funeral director in the country has, at some stage, had to handle a funeral which ends with a burial in a Dublin cemetery. It sounds like your local man just couldn't be bothered but from your perspective, it will cost less if you can get a local undertaker to do the job because the country guys are always cheaper than their counterparts in Dublin who have much higher overheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SidneyL09

Family own a plot in Deansgrange but none of us are planning to be buried. Anyone know how we go about selling the grave?

• Advertisement
Advertisement