Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Niro Phev

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Just curious as to why ye got the PHEV vs the 400 Km EV version ?

The range calculation is exactly that, a calculation, a prediction based on previous driving which will adjust as you drive further. Colder weather, more use of the heater, wet roads, wind will have a big impact.

The PHEV only has 8.9 Kwh, probably less usable, that's not a lot compared to the 64 Kwh available in the EV.

Your reply is appreciated Mad Lad, thanks.

She opted for the PHEV as her commute to and from work is a 12km round trip, with a charging facility on site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

If you have the Niro PHEV with the 8" screen (not the newer 10" widescreen) there is new firmware and maps available to download.

https://www.gpspower.net/kia/360287-kia-software-maps-2020-a.html

Direct links to the downloads
    Software
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_j4Wi8BInetYSgYyCOce8HrfwZMOJwKI

Maps
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YyPFPhicWQylg5WJqDw4_iRxrtvctNdZ?fbclid=IwAR2ojeweQwpc0f7Pe1U-hVUn83s-TstntrBMdyHp9_nBXBbUUUjV6xTlBEU

It will get you to a July 2020 version of the software and maps. The previous version was dated Dec 2019.

Obviously all at your own risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭daheff

Anybody else have problems with fuel sensors?

I've had 2 issues so far. Car isn't driven very much in the last year...maybe 2k. Before that most was on EV power vs petrol.

I'm wondering if the sensor is being affected by not using petrol much?

So since I've posted last (2months ago) I've had my car in the garage twice and it's now broken down AGAIN ☹️

Four times since last July I've had engine lights hit

Fuel sensor issue
    Damaged Spark plugs
    Brake failure (which was ultimately diagnosed as auxiliary battery failure)

Now half way across the country on way to a bank holiday weekend away I had a warning telling me to pull over & check HEV engine (petrol engine stopped working). From what I see, all these errors are on the petrol engine.

I'm appalled by how unreliable this car is. 2 years old and I can't rely on the car to go more than 50km in one go as it'll breakdown or leave me stranded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Sounds like you've been really unlucky. I've had no such problems with mine.

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    Sounds like you've been really unlucky. I've had no such problems with mine.

Can I ask do you use the petrol engine much? Or mainly ev?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

@daheff. Whats your own usage? I don't have a niro phev, but normally I put 15e to 25e in the outlander, usually, I get to use that fairly quickly, only once did it last longer than 4 months, at which time the engine ran constantly to use up the old petrol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

daheff wrote: »
    Can I ask do you use the petrol engine much? Or mainly ev?
    I wouldn't be doing too many long journeys, so a lot of very local ev mileage, but do a good bit of driving around country roads with judicious use of sport mode for overtaking which uses the petrol engine.

kanuseeme wrote: »
    @daheff. Whats your own usage? I don't have a niro phev, but normally I put 15e to 25e in the outlander, usually, I get to use that fairly quickly, only once did it last longer than 4 months, at which time the engine ran constantly to use up the old petrol.

It's been fairly low. It's a 191 ...so only about 27km on it now due to Covid. On average I was using around 0.8-1l per 100km driven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread but I'm now in the market for a new PHEV and am considering the niro.

Any more info on it that people can share as the last post here is over 1.5 years old? (but I didn't want to start a new thread)

• Advertisement
Advertisement