Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone

Options
  • 25-03-2018 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, just wanted to get people opinions.
    I have had a contract with Vodafone for at least 2 years now. First one was when the monthly plan costed €30 for 5gb of data. When I was paying extra ever month I decided to talk to Vodafone. And i was advised to go to the next plan of €45 and this would cover my monthly average usage of 7gb of data. The €45 plan was consulting of 15gb of data so I would defiantly have wiggle room regarding data usage. 5 months in to this contract my bill was never at €45 and I was being charged for out of plan data usage. Vodafone contacted me and advised me to go to the €60 plan as this consisted of 20gb of data and as I was using an average of 16gb of data. This carried on for a year or so and once again my bill crept to €70. I contacted Vodafone once again and said that my average data usage was sitting at 25gb of data. I stupidly agreed at that point to move to an €80 plan which consisted of 30gb. This was last November, a 24month contract. And now my bill, you've guessed it, it averaging €100 a month.

I've contacted Vodafone numerous times about this issue and they bombard me with info about dates, usage , data and technical terms. And I have tried to speak to a manager and my question is deflected. I've removed my direct debit details from my account so money cannot be taken from me. Vodafone rings me 2/3 a day looking for direct debit details and I've simply replied asking for all my accounts be looked at.

I've requested my options on how to terminate my contract and they have explained it will cost me €1600 to have it terminated. I understand I have a contract with Vodafone which I legally signed but I cannot afford what they need me to pay every month for a phone contract.

Anyone have any thought as to what I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

Here is a question for you. have you ever tried to get to the bottom of your data usage?
    what app are you using to measure/monitor it?
    Do you allow family members to use phone?
    Do you make sure you use wifi where it is available?

you said
    they bombard me with info about dates, usage , data and technical terms.
    . that sounds like the help they should be giving you. you used x amount of data on X date.

what was the problem? If thy use a technical term you can ask them to explain it! Your approach seem to be head in the sand stuff. Based on the information you have provided anyway.

You can contact the vodafone reps on boards.ie and work with them to get to the bottom of your issues. if this doesn't work you can send a written letter of complaint with a request for response within 1 week as to whats going on. Then if you cannot get help from vodafone you can register a complaint with comreg.

But you don't remove direct debit mandate on a contract you signed. That puts you in the wrong - legally and morally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Have you the phone set so that updates are downloaded via WiFi only? If you haven't then you could be using a lot of mobile data on updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

OmegaGene wrote: »
    What the heck are you doing using all that data on a phone
    Lady Sonia?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Where's all this data going? That's what you need to get to the bottom of. There's no way that sort of usage is normal on a phone. I'd rarely go over 10gb and that's with a few hours of streaming audio most days and semi-regularly streamed video.

Surely if you've been having a problem with overusing data you're not watching hours and hours of video daily or something similar?

If you're consuming data then Vodafone will happily sell you a plan for any amount - it seems that's exactly what they've done.

Unless you're suggesting that they're falsely billing you for data you haven't used?

Advertisement