Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel charged without authorization

Options
  • 26-03-2018 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

I was forced to stay in Mullingar during the bad snow storm recently. I had to bring my other half to hospital and the snow was so bad I couldn't leave . She was admitted to the hospital overnight. When I checked into hotel (in mullingar town) I asked for a single occupancy room.

I checked my credit card the other day and I can see the single occupancy charge but then a few days after I checked out another charge bringing the total to a double occupancy. I have contacted the hotel and they have told me that more than myself had breakfast that morning so they strongly believe someone else stayed in the room.

I am so annoyed at this. It was just myself who stayed in the room and no one joined me for breakfast. I emailed hotel back during weekend but haven't received a reply yet.

I've never experienced such service, they took payment without even contacting me and they have accused me of lying.

I'm going to contact bank and request a charge back...

Anyone else ever have a similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Email them stating your case, ask them to give money back and when they refuse, do charge back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

TheDriver wrote: »
    Email them stating your case, ask them to give money back and when they refuse, do charge back.

I got an email back and they agreed to refund and have put it down to staff shortages.

There wasn't a staff shortage during bad weather when they first replied to me a day or so ago and accused me of lying.. Anyway least it's sorting itself out now. Lesson to keep a close eye on transactions even ones that look legit.

Advertisement