Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

28 day timeout on refunds

Options
  • 26-03-2018 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭

I booked a parcel delivery from some company but they never bothered. Now they have refused to give a refund because it's more than 28 days ago which is something they have presumably snuck into their wall of text that you agree to.

Are they allowed to do this? Is there a way around it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Your post does not make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

if i understand you paid for a delivery but they did not provide the service.
    you left it 28 days and now they wont refund you because its against their policy?

if you paid by credit card initiate a charge back. if possible get an email from them supporting you case that service was not provided and they refuse to refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Your post does not make sense.

OP booked courier company to deliver parcel, they never showed, OP is looking for a refund for the service the failed to provide, they're claiming a 28-day cutoff.

Makes perfect sense to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

MOH wrote: »
    OP booked courier company to deliver parcel, they never showed, OP is looking for a refund for the service the failed to provide, they're claiming a 28-day cutoff.

Op waited 28 dsys before looking for a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

CeilingFly wrote: »
    MOH wrote: »

Op waited 28 dsys before looking for a refund?
    Well it does take at least 28 days from China etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Sadly probably covered in terms and conditions (not sure how legally). If you paid by credit card or paypal could you try doing a charge back. Might be worth.

Might also be worth contacting the consumer protection people. The service was not as described and I would have thought that they could not waiver your consumer right a twenty eight day limit.

Advertisement