Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late to move schools in 6th Year?

Options
  • 26-03-2018 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have an extremely bright son who has taken a major dislike to his school for a number of reasons (too many to list here). He has spoken to the Principal, written to the Board of Management, but now it seems that the smallest gripe is turned into a major issue and he's getting very agitated and anxious.

He's currently doing grinds in Ashfield College and absolutely loves it, so much so he's begging me to let him leave his current school and continue in Ashfield. He's meeting with the Principal this week.

For me my son's mental health is the most important issue, more so than any results, so what I'd really like to know is:-

1. is it possible to move now or is it too late?
    2. where will he have to sit his leaving cert, current school or ashfield?
    3. has anybody on here ever made the move and would they recommend it?

Thanks in advance

M

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

1. is it possible to move now or is it too late?
    2. where will he have to sit his leaving cert, current school or ashfield?
    3. has anybody on here ever made the move and would they recommend it?

1. Of course it is possible.
    2. Probably Ashfield - are they a centre? Some grinds places do not have their own centres. I'm not familiar with Ashfield. You would need to check that out.

If he's moving he will need to do it soon as exam practical and oral arrangements have been made for him in his own school. Home Economics for example starts the week after Easter.

Advertisement