Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Advice in Dublin

Options
  • 26-03-2018 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

does anybody have any good advice on renting in Dublin? Specifically around trying to find somewhere affordable to live?

My landlord decided to sell two years ago, and when I re-entered the housing market things had changed drastically!

I currently pay over 45% of my meager wage on housing, I work my hard for my wage, in a very difficult yet low paid job and it's genuinely begining to get depressing.

I'm hoping to re-enter college in the next year or so as a mature student, and simply don't see a way of being able to afford this.

I'd happily throw a few months rent and the same again for a deposit on a tiny one bed flat just to have security at this stage, but it seems that the market keeps inflating, with things like HAP worsening the situation to my eye.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

does anybody have any good advice on renting in Dublin? Specifically around trying to find somewhere affordable to live?

You'll struggle to be frank. Either look at rougher areas like the NCR or look at commuting. You can get quite a bit done on a coach or train in terms of college work.

Advertisement