Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman at Buncrana Pier tragedy is suing for loss of earnings!!!

Options
  • 26-03-2018 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭

News emerged today that the ex partner of the Buncrana Pier tragedy hero Davitt Walsh is suing the estate of the family who perished for loss of earnings among other things.

On face value I have to say thats fairly pathetic :mad:

Mod note: Dont post anything nasty please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What the hell.

Loss of earnings for what...????

How low can people get.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

For what, emotional distress? I'm no expert but I think it's fairly difficult to make a successful claim unless you're directly related, to the victim of an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Already a thread on this in Ah

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Without knowing the specific details, is give the benefit of the doubt to her. For all we know, she took time off work and her employer's insurance are trying to recover costs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Odelay

She'd seen several members of a family die and was instrumental in preserving the life of a baby. Now I don't know about you, but I'd be fairly ****ed up after that.
    Possibly could have taken 8 weeks off and some counselling? Could just be looking to cover missed mortgage payments and other costs? Who else is going to cover it? Most working people I know don't have that kind of money easy to hand.
    Bit early to be judging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There goes humanity .........

Absolutely disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

So she's suing the estate of the remaining family members (i.e. the little girl) for doing a humanly good deed?

I'm sorry, i know it must have been distressing but wtf is the world coming to! Dragging the poor family back through the courts for a few quid... the little girls future education.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

muffler wrote: »
    News emerged today that the ex partner of the Buncrana Pier tragedy hero Davitt Walsh is suing the estate of the family who perished for loss of earnings among other things.

On face value I have to say thats fairly pathetic :mad:

Mod note: Dont post anything nasty please

Best post nothing then.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

jon1981 wrote: »
    So she's suing the estate of the remaining family members (i.e. the little girl) for doing a humanly good deed?

I'm sorry, i know it must have been distressing but wtf is the world coming to! Dragging the poor family back through the courts for a few quid... the little girls future education.

It'll be the car insurer that's being sued basically, not the kid. You have to go after the insured person(s) to get at the insurer. Still not sure it has any reasonable chance of success let alone purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Turns out the estate is being included in the proceedings, not just the insurance company :mad:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/im-under-so-much-stress-and-heartache-woman-who-helped-at-scene-of-buncrana-pier-drowning-lodges-damages-claim-36747910.html
    Stephanie Knox, a cardiac physiologist, says she knew the claim would be issued against Donegal County Council and the insurance company, but didn’t realise the estate of the deceased family would be included in proceedings. She is suing for "loss of earnings and other matters".

Absolutely sickening
    Her sister posted on Facebook that “a number of people” who were present on the pier on the day of the tragedy were lodging claims and her sister then sought advice from a solicitor.

what the f**K is wrong with humanity!

Also her FB page is public... doesn't look like someone who is grieving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Well, even in the paragraph you quoted it states that she was unaware the estate would be involved, and that she's not alone in making a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

jon1981 wrote: »
    Turns out the estate is being included in the proceedings, not just the insurance company :mad:

They have to be - you can't sue someones insurers, you sue them and they (should) cover the liability.

And I'm absolutely certain she knew the estate had to be involved... you don't instruct lawyers and ignore all the prepared paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I hope she's not on social media cos she'll be in for a rough few months if she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I hope she's not on social media cos she'll be in for a rough few months if she is.

And so she fecking should. Shameless

Advertisement