Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody here have 8bitdo controller?

Options
  • 26-03-2018 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Haven't used my Fc30 Pro for a while but I brought it on hols with me and I've just tried to use it and I can't get it to pair.
    Does it work with v5 switch firmware?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I had a nightmare with mine.
    I had to have the Switch "forget" the controller.
    I then had to repair the 8bitdo controller with the Switch and it worked.
    It was a pain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Restart the switch and try pair again if it happens. A pain alright but only seems to happen after I plug in the controller to charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Thanks guys. I'll try that later

Bugger. No joy. I'm not sure if I'm on the latest 8bitdo firmware but I can't check that unless I get access to a laptop, which I won't until I get home. :( Balls. Really wanted to do 3 player on Kirby demo with my 2 daughters

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You may also have to reset the controller itself.

But you'll need to power it on, in the Change Grip Order screen, holding the power and the Y button.
    Then hold the pair button and the console and controller should "find" each other.

Most of the videos online seem to forget the pair button as the makers of same have already paired the controller up.

But, if this controller is box fresh it may indeed have the previous firmware, so it'll need that update first.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You may also have to reset the controller itself.

But you'll need to power it on, in the Change Grip Order screen, holding the power and the Y button.
    Then hold the pair button and the console and controller should "find" each other.

Most of the videos online seem to forget the pair button as the makers of same have already paired the controller up.

But, if this controller is box fresh it may indeed have the previous firmware, so it'll need that update first.
    Bought it in May last year and updated it then.
    I was doing the Y + Power, then I was getting the 4 blue flashes and the holding the sync button (beside power button) for a few seconds and getting the constant blue flashing but it's not pairing. I also deleted all paired controllers from the console.

Wonder when the current firmware (4.1) was released. I think I might be on 4.0

Got it sorted! The business centre in the hotel had a pc and I was able to update the firmware from 4.0 to 4.1 - all working now and been playing kirby this morning with the kids :)
    Now off to the beach :D

Advertisement