Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business banking KeyCode problem

Options
  • 26-03-2018 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Unsurprisingly there is a problem with the KeyCode setup and I cannot access my business account.

Followed every instruction to the letter and in true BOI Business Online style, it doesn't work.

No support on the website, god forbid I should expect some service for the fees we pay.

I would guess the response will be, try again you did something wrong. 
    How could a software developer for over twenty years handle such a complex task?

It was bad enough dealing with the whole archaic Java applet for all these years but any hope of the new solution making up for it has just been blown away.

In this day and age guys, I mean seriously

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

TonyCa wrote: »
    Unsurprisingly there is a problem with the KeyCode setup and I cannot access my business account.

Followed every instruction to the letter and in true BOI Business Online style, it doesn't work.

No support on the website, god forbid I should expect some service for the fees we pay.

I would guess the response will be, try again you did something wrong. 
    How could a software developer for over twenty years handle such a complex task?

It was bad enough dealing with the whole archaic Java applet for all these years but any hope of the new solution making up for it has just been blown away.

In this day and age guys, I mean seriously

Hi TonyCa,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Can I ask what message you're getting when your attempting to log into Business online and if you're attempting to log in as an User or an Admin?

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TonyCa

Here is a screenshot //snag.gy/x1yzLg.jpg

Invalid Credentials

Your Business On Line Log on was unsuccessful. Please check your log on credentials and try again. If this issue persists please refer to the Help and Support section on the Business On Line Homepage for assistance.

For both admin account and user account and I tried both KeyCode passwords (there are two admins that needed KeyCode setup)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

TonyCa wrote: »
    Here is a screenshot //snag.gy/x1yzLg.jpg

Invalid Credentials

Your Business On Line Log on was unsuccessful. Please check your log on credentials and try again. If this issue persists please refer to the Help and Support section on the Business On Line Homepage for assistance.

For both admin account and user account and I tried both KeyCode passwords (there are two admins that needed KeyCode setup)

Thanks for that TonyCa, in this case I'd ask you to call our business online section directly on 1890 818 265 and the advisers there will be more than happy to have a look into why this has happened and unlock your profile.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mallowgarry

I don't have a Smartphone, and I pay my own mobile phone bill. I work 9 to 5, and unlike my colleagues, I don't receive messages until midnight on WhatsApp, Viber and whatever else employers use to contact people outside of work hours.

Several months ago, I flagged up the fact that apparently I would need some sort of device to run the Keycode App. My employer indicated that I would need to purchase a Smartphone (out of my own pocket). I raised this with the Bank of Ireland banking online manager, and asked for the name of an Emulator. I subsequently downloaded Bluestreaks 3.

Bluestreaks 3 runs Apps on a PC, so when you run it (it takes 40 seconds to load), you get lots of kiddies games on the screen (it looks really professional in front of customers).

I downloaded the Keycode App, taking note of all the 1* reviews from users, and also the 5* reviews placed by Bank of Ireland employees. When I attempted to input various codes to the App (within the Bluestreaks Emulator environment), I discovered that you can only input numbers from the PC keypad, it won't let you enter letters from the keyboard, therefore you can't input the codes.

So I'm turning up to work on Tuesday morning (it's a Bank Holiday weekend), knowing that our business cannot access Banking Online. After a week of chaos, I'm just watching for the moment to stick in the knife, and suggest that the quickest solution to migrate to Keycode is to move our business account across the street to AIB. I'm arsed if I'm paying for a Smartphone to simply massage the ego of whatever idiot came up with this crock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi mallowgarry,

Thanks for your feedback here on Boards. 

We are sorry to hear you feel this way.

Please let us know if you are unable to log in or you are experiencing some other issue with Keycode? We would be more than happy to help you.

Please be assured we will pass your feedback on.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know.

Kareana  

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mallowgarry

Hi mallowgarry,

Please let us know if you are unable to log in or you are experiencing some other issue with Keycode? We would be more than happy to help you.

Please be assured we will pass your feedback on.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know.

Kareana  
    I turned up to work on Tuesday morning and logged into Bank of Ireland online.
    A message from BoI informed me that "due to high call volumes to their helpdesk", the implementation of Keycode has been set back a full two months.
    There is a God, I thought, and it takes the form of Bank of Ireland business customers offering to leave if this rubbish is forced upon them.

AIB solved the problem years ago by distributing a free Keycode Reader device. It looks like a little calculator, costs a few cents to produce in China, and more importantly, they didn't ask the customer to foot the bill for some hairbrained scheme that doesn't work.

"Please be assured we will pass your feedback on"

My colleagues at work were provided with free Smartphones via work. As a result, they are essentially on-call 24/7, via various Messaging Apps, yet they are only paid for a 40 hour week. Their phone bills are constantly beng monitored, and one employee recently deduced that his movements were being monitored by our employer via some App.

My Feedback is that you assume that everyone has free access to free Smart devices capable of running Apps, and that we all have two days free to waste attempting to get the Keycode App up and running.
    Like TonyCA in this thread, I have worked daily in IT for the past 30 years. I'm busy at work, and I don't have time to waste with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi mallowgarry,

Please be assured we will pass your feedback on.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know.

Kareana
    I turned up to work on Tuesday morning and logged into Bank of Ireland online.
    A message from BoI informed me that "due to high call volumes to their helpdesk", the implementation of Keycode has been set back a full two months.
    There is a God, I thought, and it takes the form of Bank of Ireland business customers offering to leave if this rubbish is forced upon them.

AIB solved the problem years ago by distributing a free Keycode Reader device. It looks like a little calculator, costs a few cents to produce in China, and more importantly, they didn't ask the customer to foot the bill for some hairbrained scheme that doesn't work.

"Please be assured we will pass your feedback on"

My colleagues at work were provided with free Smartphones via work. As a result, they are essentially on-call 24/7, via various Messaging Apps, yet they are only paid for a 40 hour week. Their phone bills are constantly beng monitored, and one employee recently deduced that his movements were being monitored by our employer via some App.

My Feedback is that you assume that everyone has free access to free Smart devices capable of running Apps, and that we all have two days free to waste attempting to get the Keycode App up and running.
    Like TonyCA in this thread, I have worked daily in IT for the past 30 years. I'm busy at work, and I don't have time to waste with this.
    Hi mallowgarry,

Thanks for coming back to us and for your feedback. We'll be sure to pass this onto our Business online team.

We're sorry you feel this way. This decision made by your employer would be out of our remit.

If you wish to make a formal complaint about the introduction on KeyCode, please see here for more information on our complaints process.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Advertisement