Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter reading

Options
  • 27-03-2018 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Can anyone confirm how to read this meter I have had two different answers from the customer services helpline via phone and email! Is the meter reading 540 or 5403? One said to include the last digit , the other said not to include the digit hence the confusion! Thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi raviravi,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We can see from your picture that you have a digital meter. All numbers are required when submitting a meter reading on a digital meter unless there is a decimal point. If there is a decimal point, please ignore any numbers after that.

On the older type of meters with a spinning disc, the last number is ignored. This number is usually in red.

You can find more information on reading meters here.

If ever in doubt, we recommend checking the last meter reading on the bill. This will give you a guideline as to how many digits are usually on your meter readings.

We hope this helps.

Should you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

Hi raviravi,

We can see from your picture that you have a digital meter. All numbers are required when submitting a meter reading on a digital meter unless there is a decimal point. If there is a decimal point, please ignore any numbers after that.

On the older type of meters with a spinning disc, the last number is ignored. This number is usually in red.

You can find more information on reading meters here.

If ever in doubt, we recommend checking the last meter reading on the bill. This will give you a guideline as to how many digits are usually on your meter readings.

We hope this helps.

Should you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Aoife
    Thank you, perhaps you could share that information with with the pictures to the staff in customer services as they really hadn't a clue when i phoned!

Hi raviravi,

You're very welcome.

If you have any other queries, please let us know. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gabriel Pinto

I'm having a similar problem.
    [font=arial, sans-serif]I've been living in a new house from only 2 months and it's impossible to have used the amount of electricity that Electric Ireland is saying that I have used.[/font]
    The State Agency gave me the wrong figure of my first meter reading.
    It should have started with 5,000 figure and not 50,000 figure.
    I have a Liberty 100 smart meter produced in 2017.
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Everywhere that I looked on internet says to get the first 7 digits and ignore the decimal places. Even here on this post Aoife said that I should ignore the decimal point on my meter.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]I would like to know if anyone from Electric Ireland could help me to solve this problem.[/font]

Thanks.

Hi Gabriel Pinto, 

We have general information on reading meters here but there are no details regarding your type of meter. 

We would need to see a picture of the meter and your account details to be able to determine exactly how to read your particular meter. If you have a Pay As You Go meter, you will need to liaise with the Pay As You Go team on 1850 372 372 or 01 852 9534.

We need you to please send us a private message with the following details: 

- Your name as it appears on your account
    - Your address
    - Your account number
    - Your contact number
    - Confirmation you are the account holder

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

• Advertisement
Advertisement