Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sharing software on multi pcs

Options
  • 27-03-2018 7:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

we have 2 laptops at home. I have Office on one. Do I need to pay another E99 for Office for the2nd laptop or can it be shared with 2nd laptop at home? If so, how? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I have had office for ages on the original laptop. Now we have a second one and it's saying 99 for the year. Not very tech clever so how do I merge the 2 laptops?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭DopeTech

73trix wrote: »
    I have had office for ages on the original laptop. Now we have a second one and it's saying 99 for the year. Not very tech clever so how do I merge the 2 laptops?

Open any of the apps and sign in up the top right.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Open any of the apps and sign in up the top right.

Not following sorry. What apps? I'm on the original laptop. Is it something to do with going into the program Office?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

we have 2 laptops at home. I have Office on one. Do I need to pay another E99 for Office for the2nd laptop or can it be shared with 2nd laptop at home? If so, how? Thanks.

Is the E99 you already paid (implied by 'another') an annual subscription or did you pay it as a one-off purchase for an Office licence?

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    Is the E99 you already paid (implied by 'another') an annual subscription or did you pay it as a one-off purchase for an Office licence?

i bought office with my older laptop. i got a free trial with the new laptop which has now expired and 99 to renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Install LibreOffice and save the €99 ;)

Install LibreOffice and save the €99 ;)

REALLY???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Judging by price you got O365 Home subscription, and as mentioned by Patww79 , u can have it on up to 5 devices or, according this link below, share to other 4 people.

Share your Office 365 Home subscription with up to four people

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

REALLY???

Not sure if that is a real question or not ...... but yes it is cost free, full featured office software, that you can install on as many PCs as you wish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

REALLY???

It's not the Microsoft version of Office; it's grand for most day-to-day stuff but not identical to the MS version.

Having said that, you'll only care if you use complicated macros in Access or Excel, so unless you're an accountant or similar it's definitely worth trying out.

Advertisement