Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Help!] [Baby Passport] [How To Speed Up]

• 27-03-2018 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Help!
    We applied for our little ones first passport at the beginning of March. Checking the tracking now says it's not due until 20th April but we are going away for a week to Spain on 9th April.

Does anyone know anyway of escalating or speeding up the process?

We web chatted them and were told that going into their office won't help as it's already on the system. Tried to call however it just says they are too busy to answer the phones.

We are going away with a couple who are friends of our and have shared the accommodation costs so changing dates would really not suit plus it's all paid for.

Anyone been in this position and managed to get it resolved??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I made a desk appointment and paid €30 instead of €10.....but we weren’t in the system. My sister uses twitter to contact them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Yikes. I think maybe we should make an appointment, my forms are only going in now and I need it for the start of June. Would prefer not to take any chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Tweet them, by far the best way to contact them. I’ve always found the passport office to be so helpful when you get in touch, twice we’ve been down to the wire with our kids passports (I know I know!!) If you advise them when you’re flying I’d guarantee they’d have it out on time.

It’s still only March, if you’re not flying until April I’d be amazed if they didn’t get it sorted excepting some massive problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I used twitter too. Resolved in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Yikes. I think maybe we should make an appointment, my forms are only going in now and I need it for the start of June. Would prefer not to take any chances

I'm organising a school tour at the moment, and awaiting passport details from a number of students. Based on when most of them sent them in and got them back it seems to be a 5 week wait on average. You should be ok applying now for June.

• Advertisement
Advertisement