Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Naas from Dublin

Options
  • 27-03-2018 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi All, 

Myself and my wife plan on moving to Naas in the near future and would love to get some feedback from people that have moved out to Naas from Dublin. 

We plan on starting a family and feel Naas ticks a lot of the boxes. We are looking at the new builds in the area and are trying to find the best location. 

If you have pros and cons of living in Naas please let me know. 

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Pro's
    - Good variety of schools
    - Plenty of sporting activities, GAA, Rugby, Tennis, Soccer, Horse Racing. Scouts club.
    - Within easy reach of Kildare Village, Liffey Valley, The Square etc.
    - Train station in Sallins
    - Plenty of good pubs, cafe's and restaurants in the town.
    - Good selection of supermarkets around the town.
    - Nice farmers market on a Saturday in the town.
    - Haven't had to use a creche in a long time but I believe there are several good creches dotted around.
    - There are plenty of ways to get to know the local community and make friends in Naas. In general Naas is a good place to live.
    - Easy access to the Motorway network if you have to travel.
    - Outside of peak hours you are only 35mins away from Dublin Airport.
    Am sure others will add a lot more.

Cons
    - Traffic at peak hours / school times can be pretty bad.
    - Commute to Dublin by road in morning and evening is not a pleasant experience.
    - Seasonal influx of travellers camping out in various locations around the town. More an eyesore than anything else.
    - The town of Naas has few shops, so generally you go outside the town to shop.
    - People complain about parking in the town but I never find it a problem.

There are improvements happening. The M7 is being upgraded, there will be a Sallins bypass. Dunnes is supposed to be opening in the town centre. New school to be built. By the time your kids are in college the Naas shopping centre might have been developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sullydublin

Pro's
    - Good variety of schools
    - Plenty of sporting activities, GAA, Rugby, Tennis, Soccer, Horse Racing. Scouts club.
    - Within easy reach of Kildare Village, Liffey Valley, The Square etc.
    - Train station in Sallins
    - Plenty of good pubs, cafe's and restaurants in the town.
    - Good selection of supermarkets around the town.
    - Nice farmers market on a Saturday in the town.
    - Haven't had to use a creche in a long time but I believe there are several good creches dotted around.
    - There are plenty of ways to get to know the local community and make friends in Naas. In general Naas is a good place to live.
    - Easy access to the Motorway network if you have to travel.
    - Outside of peak hours you are only 35mins away from Dublin Airport.
    Am sure others will add a lot more.

Cons
    - Traffic at peak hours / school times can be pretty bad.
    - Commute to Dublin by road in morning and evening is not a pleasant experience.
    - Seasonal influx of travellers camping out in various locations around the town. More an eyesore than anything else.
    - The town of Naas has few shops, so generally you go outside the town to shop.
    - People complain about parking in the town but I never find it a problem.

There are improvements happening. The M7 is being upgraded, there will be a Sallins bypass. Dunnes is supposed to be opening in the town centre. New school to be built. By the time your kids are in college the Naas shopping centre might have been developed.

Thanks for the feedback, in relation to the new builds in Naas. which ones are better in terms of location etc.

Advertisement