Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor

Options
  • 27-03-2018 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Just wondering if anyone would recommend the Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor? Trying for a baby for a few months now with clockwork cycles so I was hoping it might help nail down the right days for trying rather than the sticks. It is an expensive purchase though!

Would appreciate anyone's advice.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I have the monitor and it honestly didn't work great for me, I think my hormones surge at the wrong time of day for it (usually the afternoon, the monitor is used first thing in the morning) - I only ever got a peak reading once in 4 months and I am definitely ovulating, confirmed by both my GP and temperature charts and I also use the cheap sticks on amazon.

Also the refills are really costly, especially if you end up using it for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I had one while trying for my second baby. I ovulate late and it did help pinpoint which day etc
    The refills are expensive like a PP said.
    However the resale value is very good, I sold mine on adverts for about €15 less than what I paid for it so it’s not a complete loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kk2014

Thanks to you both. Got my period today 3 days early so feeling disheartened so I might buy one and see how it goes. It sure is expensive. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kk2014

Just in case anyone else is looking at this - got the monitor and 20 sticks for roughly €160 in Boots yesterday for both - there was about €50 off and it wasn't too much more expensive than ordering off Amazon / Ebay with delivery and wait times.

Advertisement