Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional License- older car

Options
  • 27-03-2018 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there.

I am currently learning to drive. Can I get insured as a name driver on my partners car. This is a 2006 car- so it is 12 years old. Is this car too old for a provisional driver to get insured on? are their restrictions around the year of the car.

I have zero experience.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

APE19 wrote: »
    Hi there.

I am currently learning to drive. Can I get insured as a name driver on my partners car. This is a 2006 car- so it is 12 years old. Is this car too old for a provisional driver to get insured on? are their restrictions around the year of the car.

I have zero experience.

Thanks for your help.
    Hi APE19,
    We do not insure vehicles over 20 years old. If you want to get insured as a named driver on your partners car, you would need to contact your partners insurance company. If your partner is insured with us PM me the policy number and we'll give you a call for a quote.
    Thanks
    Una

Advertisement