Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon delivery issues

Options
  • 27-03-2018 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here had issues with Amazon delivering components? I have been using Amazon for years and just signed up for a trial of Prime when ordering parts for my first build. I ordered everything on Amazon on Sunday 18th March I am still waiting on 2 deliveries. I dont mind waiting, but both were due Friday and then yesterday and neither were delivered today either. I have never had an Amazon delivery be late, so 2 from the same order is a bit annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I ordered camera lens from Amazon few weeks ago. Planned delivery was about 2 weeks after placing an order which I thought was long.
    And it arrived one day late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

What does the tracking info say?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Noxin wrote: »
    What does the tracking info say?

Well since my post one of the deliveries was made to my workplace which was weird seeing as how I put no details of where I work on the order and have no clue who the driver was! Still waiting on an SSD and it says the following;

Now expected by Friday
    We're sorry your package is late
    We're working with the carrier to get your package back on track, and we'll let you know when your package is out for delivery.
    Please come back Saturday if you still don't have it and we'll help you out.
    Was expected Friday, 23 March

I thought there could be a delay with RAM or GPU, never thought the SSD would cause a problem. For €15 more I could get the same one in Currys this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I reckon they had carrier issues last week as I got the same message. Very unusual for Amazon as normally it’s always 2 day delivery unless I go with a 3rd party which i try and avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Already got an email from parcel motel. Ordered on sunday.

• Advertisement

Does it say who the carrier is?

Noxin wrote: »
    Does it say who the carrier is?

Package came yesterday when I was at work, assume it was by post as I heard nothing from a courier and it was put through letter box.

Odd one then. Least ye got it.
    Must have just been a bad run cause I had 3 orders last week - all of which arrived on time or early in one case.
    Happens from time to time though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Inviere

I never found Prime any quicker at all to RoI. Instead, I felt they just delayed the dispatch email so they can claim ‘next day delivery’.

Inviere wrote: »
    I never found Prime any quicker at all to RoI. Instead, I felt they just delayed the dispatch email so they can claim ‘next day delivery’.

Only one item actually arrived the day after dispatch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Inviere wrote: »

Prime does that, it goes to Athlone and is then dispatched as a courier service meaning it does take longer to dispatch.

Advertisement